Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overheating is near impossible when the game is saved to your HDD!

So for future reference, really. If you're going to be playing the game a lot, install it.

Assuming your xbox is not sitting on a surface that absorbs a lot of heat, or perhaps enclosed in an area such as a cabinet... that pretty much holds true.

The majority of the heat generated from your system comes from the disk spinning.
Wait a tick; this sounds rather iffy.

Surely that Xbox fan spins up during RAM and GPU-intensive stuff while playing a game moreso than hard drive operations?

Also, is he implying that the heat generated by the disc is through friction? There are relatively few moving parts in a disc drive (not to mention that there are still moving parts on a HDD). I'd think the difference between the hotness of a system playing a game through the optics drive or hard drive would be negligible. All computers get hot, regardless. Just ask my ballsack about my macbook

I'm at the point where the wildlife in Skyrim has leveled up and I can't walk anywhere without dying. Time to stay close to civilization for a while.

I'm at the point in Skyrim where finally taking it back to the video store isn't going to rip out my soul.

Come on first real payday in a while, mama needs her own copy of Skyrim.

I just got Skyrim for my 30th birthday... :faint: So awesome! I love how crisp and clean everything is and so far *knock on wood* no freezeups. The archery and magic is so much more accessible than Oblivion. Love just going out hunting.

Although I'll admit the first bit I spent trying to put pots on peoples heads.. and laughing like mad everytime I succeeded. Finished my first dungeon and ready for so much more. Gorgeous game, I feel relaxed just sitting looking at the visuals. The time and hard effort has paid off. This game is spectacular.

Also, is he implying that the heat generated by the disc is through friction? There are relatively few moving parts in a disc drive (not to mention that there are still moving parts on a HDD). I'd think the difference between the hotness of a system playing a game through the optics drive or hard drive would be negligible. All computers get hot, regardless. Just ask my ballsack about my macbook

I physically monitor the temperature of my room. Ever since I started installing my games, the only thing that gets my room hot now is my TV and my laptop. It used to get a lot hotter.

In fact, it was their claim that stopping the disk from spinning took a significantly less toll on your xbox and kept the system temperature much lower when they released the direct installation ability.

My room temperature? All the time. After hours worth of usage my room used to go over 80 all the time with MW2.

Keep in mind I live in Florida. I'm working the AC all year long minus one week out of the year.

So I've heard this Skyrim game is quite good?

After all the raving reviews I might have to buy it.

Some acknowledgement of Daggerfall would be fun. They mention the Oblivion Crisis allll the time in Skyrim, and lots of elves lament on being unable to return to Morrowind, so they definitely acknowledge the two games existences.

Though maybe I don't remember the plot to Daggerfall well enough, and they actually reference it just as frequently.

Oh shit, I didn't know you could now download Daggerfall for free! Hello, childhood nostalgia.

Three in a row? Oh my!

Looking into it a bit more, they reference events in Arena as well, so it stands to reason that this series is just the bees knees and is very proud and well-versed on it's history.

The sooner I get my new computer, the better.

JT, the Battlefield DLC comes out next Tuesday on PS3 (a week before 360 and PC). Maybe I'll finally open my copy so I can try out the new maps. :wink:

I seriously haven't even opened the padded envelope it came in from Amazon yet.

That's a violation of human rights.

I had the 360 version to play in the mean time, haha. I originally intended to get the PS3 version, but was given the 360 version instead.

Fix the damn thing, JT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom