Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
skyrim-marathon-cut.jpg

mine is more like dominos pizza box and a couple empty XL dunkin coffee cups. but maybe since i'm not a 13 year old boy, i don't require a 12-pack of energy drinks to stay awake for 12 hours at a time :huh:

I posted the wrong pic. The full one is up now. You guys need to give a man time to edit his posts

I posted the wrong pic. The full one is up now. You guys need to have a man time to edit his posts

nah, we really didn't need to double up via quotes the...i'm still not sure whether to call it out on its incredible fakeness or incredible lameness...

I kinda just... don't eat. Too busy playing the game. Although be sure to stay hydrated?

my 24 hour turn at the swtor beta a couple weekends ago involved a coffee, a breakfast sandwich, and a pack's worth of smoke breaks--i did take a 2 hour nap, but that was only because i worked the night before. i watched my friend's fatass housemate eat several meals in between 1-2 hour naps (dude seriously wakes up to cook, goes back to sleep, and gets up in another couple hours to cook something else. there's a reason he's 350lbs), which felt like it fed me by proxy.

I ordered a Jimmy Johns sandwich for the Call of Duty release night at 2:30am. Never showed up. I called back the next day and they were all like 'my driver says he knocked on your door and called you' and I was like 'horse shit you're a bunch of liars, my phone has no logs on it and I literally stopped playing Call of Duty for an hour to make sure I didn't miss the door. He cant have even gotten into my neighborhood without calling my phone for me to open the gate'.

Thus why I chose not to eat for the Skyrim release :lol:

LuckyNumber7 said:
I ordered a Jimmy Johns sandwich for the Call of Duty release night at 2:30am. Never showed up. I called back the next day and they were all like 'my driver says he knocked on your door and called you' and I was like 'horse shit you're a bunch of liars, my phone has no logs on it and I literally stopped playing Call of Duty for an hour to make sure I didn't miss the door. He cant have even gotten into my neighborhood without calling my phone for me to open the gate'.

Thus why I chose not to eat for the Skyrim release :lol:

haha. i did come to realize why when i was a kid my mother discouraged sleepovers on school nights. apparently the overgrown children are just as likely to stay up all day (we work nights) when we're 30-40 as we would have been at 12...i just handle the lack of sleep (which between work, gaming, and a poorly thought-out sleep schedule carrying over from my weekend, amounted to 8 or 9 hrs total in a 72 hour period) much better as an adult. every so often i think about how when you're a kid you think man, i can't wait to grow up...i'll be able to stay up as late as i want, eat pizza, play video games, and watch cartoons. hell, that's pretty much what i do (minus the pizza, occasionally i feel compelled to eat something somewhat healthy) in between calls on the nights i go into work, never mind most weekends. so much easier than being in school.

nah, we really didn't need to double up via quotes the...i'm still not sure whether to call it out on its incredible fakeness or incredible lameness...

If you think for a second it's supposed to be real, you need to give your head a shake. Just figured by the way you guys are geeking out on the game here, you could relate

If you think for a second it's supposed to be real, you need to give your head a shake. Just figured by the way you guys are geeking out on the game here, you could relate

of course i didn't think it was real, i was just torn between which i thought was dumber: the joke itself, or the way it was put together. leaning toward the latter...c'mon, make it realistic! :wink:

ya, well, come talk to me when you've got blood in your stool and stool in your blood

sounds like some of the shit (pun intended) people say to me at work.

i mostly just looked at the pictures, to be honest. but my chronicles of our power outage would have been funnier, had i made a facebook to show everyone my wood stove, jet boil & ramen, headlamp and pile of books.

To be honest, I didn't find it all that funny myself. I felt compelled to post it here for some reason

well, you were compelled to post it because you're the guy who posts pics/gifs. that one is easy.

but enough about that. more importantly, is it december 20th yet? or whenever exactly (looking like 5 days prior), i get my early swtor access for pre-ordering the day they announced it was up for pre-order? i guess in the mean time, i'm going to go find my oblivion character's pants, maybe for once even roll a class that isn't some sort of assassin/rogue/fighter/thief. like, one that uses magic and stuff. naaaaaahhhhh......

Reading JT's Skyrim FB images, it reminded me of how some switch flipped in me a few years back where then I literally could not stand eating that much processed food. Probably around age 14 or so I think I remember eating Doritos and Coke, but now after having eaten a Snickers' bar, a Ceasar Salad sounds like a legitimately tasty option to counteract it afterwards.

The longest straight gaming session I can remember is about 12-13 hours for Diddy Kong Racing where I blasted through about the whole game. From the Saturday I bought Skyrim to the next Thursday I was averaging about 6 hours a day, and I needed ~1 or 2 days off after that.

mobvok said:
Reading JT's Skyrim FB images, it reminded me of how some switch flipped in me a few years back where then I literally could not stand eating that much processed food. Probably around age 14 or so I think I remember eating Doritos and Coke, but now after having eaten a Snickers' bar, a Ceasar Salad sounds like a legitimately tasty option to counteract it afterwards.

The longest straight gaming session I can remember is about 12-13 hours for Diddy Kong Racing where I blasted through about the whole game. From the Saturday I bought Skyrim to the next Thursday I was averaging about 6 hours a day, and I needed ~1 or 2 days off after that.

i'd take cheese and lettuce over a snickers, especially if the salad has chicken.

but i also ended up reading a book instead of gong back to oblivion to find my pants. i'm a lousy excuse for a gamer.

If you're looking to evict us, start a thread and provide me a link. I'm too lazy to get a job and move and do things. Please don't make me do things.

Starting a new thread would be nice, but if feel like we're nearing the end of having a LOT to say about the game.

Also, just ftr, finishing the main Dark Brotherhood quest made me feel really shitty.

I can't play my xbox for 4 days! I left it in Orlando for Thanksgiving.

But the Dark Brotherhood was where I last left off. Just started.

Upon further investigation, it seems I have the yellow light of death :( Gonna take it in this week to have someone look at it

^ That happened to me a couple years back, but I was under warranty too.

Apparently the yellow light is an overheating issue. There's a place at Yonge and Eglinton that will (hopefully) be able to fix it for $80. Otherwise my saves are all gone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom