Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #796
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Move in Mysterious Ways View Post
NSW, let me know if you warm up to Borderlands 2. I haven't opened my copy yet. I'm still on Assassin's Creed III.
If/when I go back to it, I definitely will.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:01 AM   #797
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Got Sleeping Dogs for Christmas. Lots of fun, and I'm going to Hong Kong in a week so it'll be cool to see if I get any strange sense of familiarity. Also picked up the Witcher 2 real cheap, any of you guys played it?

Old 01-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #798
45:33

Local Time: 02:47 PM
Dumb Ways to Die (in Video Games) Parody - YouTube
Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #799
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Dancing Ezio is gonna give me the worst nightmares
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #800
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Got Sleeping Dogs for Christmas. Lots of fun, and I'm going to Hong Kong in a week so it'll be cool to see if I get any strange sense of familiarity. Also picked up the Witcher 2 real cheap, any of you guys played it?
The areas of the city in Sleeping Dogs are definitely modeled after areas of the real Hong Kong. That said, the geography in the game is completely screwed up in comparison. You should see some easily recognizable locations though (Victoria Peak, night markets in Kowloon, business area on Hong Kong Island, etc.), and a lot of recognizable architecture and roads. Have fun, I'm jealous. Spent a couple months there years back, have only been back once since, and that was just for a couple days.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #801
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:47 PM
Not related to a specific game, but the industry in general - I just came across this article.

GameStop Pulls Back as Holiday Sales Drop | The Exchange - Yahoo! Finance

Frankly, I'm surprised Gamestop has survived as long as it has. From what I've seen, its prices generally aren't competitive and some of its business practices are downright awful. I assume that gamers go there largely for the sheer novelty of rude service from 17-year old nerds.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #802
Blue Meth Addict

A lot of people are blaming the sales decline on how long the life cycles of the present gen consoles have been. Many hardcore gamers have grown bored and moved to PC.

Gamestop's done a good job going out of their way to get the "best" pre-order bonuses, but a lot of other retailers have figured this out now too. I typically just go there to trade in games I know I'm not going to play any more, and use the credit to buy new games. I know I could get considerably more selling them myself, but I'm lazy. I'm surprised people still buy used games from them, the prices are miserable. Again though, I'm sure it's a similar "laziness" thing.

I remember the early days of EB / Gamestop, where you could trade in a new game, they'd give you 80% of the original value of the game as credit, and then sell it for $5 more than they gave you. Now they give you 20% of the original value, and sell it for $30 or more than they paid. Their profit is insane.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #803
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Yeah, every once in a while I score an okay deal on some used games. But selling to them is often a bad idea. If you have anything relatively new, you're likely to get a bunch more selling on ebay. But I do get what you're saying - more tedious to sell online than just make the quick sale.

The one that really kills me is when they open a game then still insist on selling it as brand new. I think they usually say some BS about "testing" it or some such crap. That controversy with them opening games that customers pre-ordered and removing coupons was pretty despicable, too.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #804
Blue Meth Addict

I can't stand when stores do that. I've gotten into arguments at record stores before because their staff opened a new CD to listen to it in the display, and insisted to sell it to me at full price. Last I checked, that's the definition of "used". Somehow it's less used because an employee listened to it?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #805
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think I may have actually shrugged if off in the past, but it's pure BS. If you're going to use my game, you should price it accordingly (I could go on a tangent about their pricing on used newer releases, but that's a whole other rant).

The one time I didn't accept it was when I was buying the item as a gift. I told them "hell no," walked out of the store and bought it on Amazon.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #806
Blue Meth Addict

Yeah, I don't understand buying a used game for $5 less than the new price. I'd much rather just spend $5 more and know I'm getting something that hasn't been sneezed on!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #807
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

My all time favorite was when I was trading in a game I'd purchased just a few weeks earlier (I was trading all my Xbox 360 stuff in for PS3 after I got sick of the 360's string of system failures). They wouldn't take it due to some microscopic "crack" on the inner part of the CD that didn't affect the game itself at all (it played fine). I explained to them that the game was exactly the way I bought it from THEM a couple weeks earlier. The cashier was a full blown snotty douche about it - one of those types who clearly doesn't see how he's just begging for an ass-kicking. It was the closest I've ever come to physically grabbing someone on the other side of the counter.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #808
Blue Crack Addict

I should probably sell some of my old games that I'll never play again, huh? But not to GameStop. Fuck them.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #809
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Sadly, I don't exactly think there's much competition these days. Ebay or bust I guess.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #810
Blue Crack Addict

Amazon could work, too. Actually, I think I like Amazon more for selling that sorta stuff than ebay.