Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:56 AM
So, this kinda breaks my heart a little:

Review: Saints Row: The Third -Destructoid

I'm not always a fan of Jim Sterling, but since he loves SR 2 as much as I do, his points ring pretty true with me. Obviously he doesn't hate it by any means, but there's a few warning signs. The lack of depth in the campaign so we can get whacked up with DLC being a big concern, and the supposed neutering of the main character also worries me a bit. Still can't wait to play it and will hold out on giving my thoughts, but given the shortness of it when I was longing for a nice, chunky single player game, maybe I might reconsider ignoring Skyrim.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:24 AM   #62
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:26 PM
Has anyone done the quest in Windhelm where you track down the murderer?

so I come back to the House of Curiosities later after I finished the mission because I never sold the guy the amulet and he won't offer to buy it now, which pissed me off cause it was kind of expensive. So I look around out of boredom and see a chest in his house that can only be opened with a key. Playing around with my pickpocket skills, I steal the key from him and open it. And lo and behold, there's another butcher journal in there, and he's actually the murderer. So I'm thinking, I'll steal it, go to the guard I was working with before, and the game will just give me the dialogue to tell him who actually did it, but, no luck. So, I guess there's nothing to be done about it once the quest is completed. Kinda bummed me out, tbh.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #63
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I thought Canadiens was flogging the joke about not seeing the Skyrim folk for months, until I bought the damn thing today and realized how serious he was. I had to tear myself away in order to see some friends I hadn't seen in a long long time. Even then, it was still almost a tossup.

I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game before, (besides watching my friends play Morrowind, getting the impression that everything was rainy and super Turok-level foggy) but it's pushing all the right buttons for free exploration and just screwing around that I'd been medicating with Zelda games up until now.

Speaking of which......after Twilight Princess, I had sworn off bothering paying attention to the console Zeldas, but against my better judgement the torrent of praise for Skyward Sword is so strong that I'm actually hyped up again. It sounds like EAD's changed exactly some of the things that were starting to bug me (like the absurd isolated overworld-dungeon-prize sequence)
Old 11-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:26 PM
Skyrim is so overwhelmingly huge! I'm such a wimp that I can't even make it through Bleak Falls Barrow. And I haven't seen a dragon yet, except at the beginning. It's probably for the best, since I would just die, anyway, at this point. I'm at level 7 right now, so maybe I should try Bleak Falls Barrow again.

There's so much to do, that I just run around getting distracted by salmon jumping upstream and butterflies and cute fluffy cows, until something kills me.

This game is the best game ever. It has all the good points of Morrowind with the conveniences of Oblivion mixed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
My favorite ridiculous quest from Skyrim so far was stealing a bottle of wine for a drunk hobo. The whole time I was doing it I kept thinking, "so this is what my character's come to "
I saw that guy and told him I wouldn't feed his habit. He said we have nothing to discuss anymore.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:26 PM
I'm only level 2! But that's because I've chosen not to level up. I'm busy stealing things.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Got Uncharted 3 today and it is awesome! Just finished the part with

the burning mansion
. So cool. I forgot how much I love the banter between the characters. It's a very charming series.
I'll probably hold off on getting anything else until the holidays, but from the sound of it, Skyrim should be next on my list
Old 11-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #67
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Got Uncharted 3 today and it is awesome! Just finished the part with

the burning mansion
. So cool. I forgot how much I love the banter between the characters. It's a very charming series.
I'll probably hold off on getting anything else until the holidays, but from the sound of it, Skyrim should be next on my list

Great choice, I loved the game. Those games are so consistently solid. We'll have to do some coop sometime.

If you have any remote interest in RPG's or any past Bethesda game, Skyrim is definitely for you.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post

If you have any remote interest in RPG's or any past Bethesda game, Skyrim is definitely for you.
I've never really played any RPGs and I think it just might be that I think I don't like them. But I like dragons and orcs and creatures though, so I might as well give it a shot. Afterall, I did like these when I was a kid:

Old 11-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #69
Blue Crack Supplier

Holy Crap! I remember those books!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life

I know! I had totally forgotten what they were called. Had to do some google-fu. The covers brought back a lot of memories

Specifically Talisman of Death, that first Sorcery one, and Demons of the Deep
Old 11-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #71
Blue Crack Supplier

Nice, that takes me back to grade 6...

I can't remember JT, have you played Fallout 3?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life

Nope, haven't played any of those kinda games. Not even mass effect 2
Old 11-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #73
Blue Meth Addict

Dorks.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #74
Blue Crack Distributor

Now that I've progressed far enough in the game to the point I'm in the thieves guild, the bards college, have a spouse, and slain a few dragons, I can say I'm really engulfed in this game and not at all frustrated by it. I say that because, with the other games, all the way back to Daggerfall, I never got far enough into them to really feel like I could do anything at any time like I was always wanting. Now I can pick pockets when I want, steal things and sell them to the guild. I've had the dark brotherhood try to assassinate me and some thugs tried to beat me up. I'm having a lot more fun, also, because I don't care as much as I used to about having an untarnished reputation, lol.

So much fun. Taking it back to the video store on Wednesday will be hard.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Sounds awesome... so far all I've encountered is the thugs (and one cleared dungeon) but I'm trying my best to be a responsible student.

That being said I'm gonna go play right now.