Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's some quality flying. I can never fly the helicopter accurately

Imps is a really good helicopter pilot.

Everyone was assuming they'd show something at the PS4 reveal since there were little snippets coming out of people having seen the game. Didn't happen though. They've been showing it though. I think rumors are 2014 for it. I'm sorta hoping they'll release a maxed out PC version with the full 64 players of BF3 for the new consoles in between now and then.

Have any of you seen what the infected look like in Last of Us? Pretty cool! and a cool concept. They remind me a bit of some of Davey Jones' crew from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie

I just watched a video from the new DC fighting game. Superman's uppercut movie is fucking awesome

I'm pretty much in the minority, but the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sequels are, by far, the most exciting games for me this year.

Hashtag embarrassment.

I didn't realize there was a sequel. I liked the first one

There is an "interquel" of sorts on 3DS that releases on Tuesday, Mirror of Fate. It follows Trevor and Simon Belmont, as well as Alucard. The sequel proper, Lords of Shadow 2, doesn't have a release date yet, but you'll play as Gabriel/Dracula, presumably against successive generations of Belmonts and Satan. Sounds beast, to me.

Ran through Bioshock again last month and am going through Bioshock 2 again now. I watched the 15 minute gameplay footage of Infinite and just basically sat there with my mouth open lol.

Mass Effect is a series I've wanted to get into for awhile, but haven't had the funds to. Now they are somewhat cheap, so I'll be looking to try them out as well.

Age of Empires II HD Edition Announcement Trailer - YouTube

This doesn't look like an "HD" edition, so much as it's a "updated to work on modern systems" edition. Which is smart, as it goes, Age of Empires II is a solid game and there's no reason for it to be cast adrift as Windows improves (the 1999 release couldn't handle Windows 7 apparently). And the multiplayer deserves a Counterstrike-like perpetual afterlife by attaching it to Steam.

I'm slightly disappointed that tweaking is ALL they did, visually, when even the slow computers now could handle a little more pizazz. Oh well- as long as the game is rock steady with 200 man armies fighting each other and they hopefully rebalance the civs slightly, it should be a great buy. For a blast from the past, try the original 1999 web site.

I played that game a ton with friends in college....when it was new. :reject:

If only it was coming on Mac as well.

I'm happy to see that, since my copy of AOE2 always screws up when I try to play it now. It's always been my (painfully unpopular opinion ahead) least favourite of the series though - of course, that still means I love it, but the medieval era just doesn't do much for me compared to the other games.

I'd rather Robot Entertainment (the current incarnation of Ensemble Studios) just got permission from Microsoft to make AOE4, but hey, that's never going to happen.

My friend (who always goes to bed by 10 PM) just called me about half an hour ago to give me about 500 reasons why I have to buy the new Sim City tomorrow. I've never heard him so excited about a game, and he's crazy into gaming. Anyone else checked it out?

I've heard it's unplayable because EA lowballed the online server count (which is mandatory to play) and is being crushed by the launch crowd.

I've heard it's unplayable because EA lowballed the online server count (which is mandatory to play) and is being crushed by the launch crowd.

He mentioned that, but he said they just put a bunch of new servers online and to ignore the bitching because it will get better soon enough.

I haven't been following it at all, but if the reviews are good I'll check it out. Played one of the old ones a lot back in the day.

Oh wow, I just realised how close we are to GOW: Ascension coming out. :love:

They just announced there's an online coop mode in God of War as well.

Looks like Gamespot's already reviewed the game. EDIT: Looks like there are 14 or 15 reviews, no "big name" reviews yet though, strangely.

33 reviews on metacritic, still nothing from IGN.

Consensus seems to be "it's really good, but nothing new." Cool with me.

Has anyone ever played the Walking Dead game? I'm trying to decide whether to buy it. It's only $30 now, and I like the comics (as well as the series).

33 reviews on metacritic, still nothing from IGN.

Consensus seems to be "it's really good, but nothing new." Cool with me.

IGN has a review in progress on their site. They seem to be leaning toward good, but not as good as God of War 3 :(

At worst, it's going to be just another God of War game, only with a ridiculous multiplayer to mess around with. I'm excited.

Think I'm going to pick it up at midnight. I did midnight for Black Ops (never played it, just picked it up for Ashley's stepdad) and that was pretty grueling but I doubt the lines will be as ludicrous for GOW.

You know, I never played GoW, just the other two. Picked up Saga today, let's see if I can tear through it by Monday night.

I've only ever played GOW3, but I loved it. I doubt I'll ever go back and play the older ones.

Yeah I beat GOW3 and had a great time but have only ever watched Ashley play the first two. All of the games have the exact same gameplay but the stories in the first two are stronger. The ending of GOW3 was ludicrous and Kratos was just a raging prick by then. If you buy the GOW Saga comp, you get remastered versions of the early ones so the graphics remain great despite the age of the games. GOW1 looks awesome except for the cutscenes which they didn't bother remastering for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom