Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #511
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
There was some impromptu chainsawing last night. NSW and Popmofo and some of NSW's real life friends might have been involved.
Spin moves were performed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
I went to Florence after playing that game. It's weird to recognize parts of a city without ever having been there, especially when you know how to climb certain buildings.
I felt the same way going to DC earlier this year. My friend was a big Fallout 3 fan as well, so we had many incredibly dorky conversations at famous locations.

I'm still having a blast with Sleeping Dogs. Hopefully some of you guys keep it on your radars for the future, it's a cool game.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #512
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Spin moves were performed.

I felt the same way going to DC earlier this year. My friend was a big Fallout 3 fan as well, so we had many incredibly dorky conversations at famous locations.

I'm still having a blast with Sleeping Dogs. Hopefully some of you guys keep it on your radars for the future, it's a cool game.
Honestly, your character emerged into just a portion of my field of vision, and kind of slowly danced/spun his way into the middle of the screen from there. I could not stop laughing, it honestly looked like your character had taken some acid and was dancing at some rave. Unreal.

And same deal for me re: DC. I visited after playing the game and managed to turn these historic locations into video game points of reference.

I'll give Sleeping Dogs a whirl when I get back, methinks.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #513
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:11 PM
I'm always late with video games and stuff, so I just started playing Fallout 3 about a week ago. Holy shit, that is one amazing game. I'm a good character, but I'm so torn about choosing not to blow up Megaton that I regret being good.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #514
Blue Crack Supplier

Glad you're down with Fallout 3. There are so many other people to kill/places to destroy, don't worry about Megaton.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #515
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I got caught in some side missions so far, but yesterday I started the main quest. The shooting around Dupont circle was really fun. Now I need to get to the national mall area, which I'm excited about.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #516
The Male

I'm always way behind too, Gump. I had a Fallout 3 avatar earlier this year, despite its follow up being old now.

Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever, I'm convinced. I've logged in over 40 hours so far.

Motherfucking fire ants.

Now.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #517
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I'm always late with video games and stuff, so I just started playing Fallout 3 about a week ago. Holy shit, that is one amazing game. I'm a good character, but I'm so torn about choosing not to blow up Megaton that I regret being good.
Blowing up Megaton is a cinematic you should never miss.

There are very few games where I can't decide whether or not the follow up is better but certainly New Vegas and Fallout 3 are my two favorite games ever, so far. Fallout 3 hold the classic aspect, but New Vegas is so vast and has so much to it.

Also, you can blow up Megaton and still be 'good'. It's not too realistic, but basically if you make every other decision as good you'll be fine
Old 08-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #518
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I'm a good character, but I'm so torn about choosing not to blow up Megaton that I regret being good.
Embrace it. Megaton was my home base for the entirety of the game, decision not regretted. Plus, as NSW said, you'll have many opportunities to kill for the common good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever, I'm convinced.
Same.

Last night in Sleeping Dogs in the middle of a large martial arts brawl with a dozen enemies, I tossed a guy through the glass of a huge aquarium. I then picked up a large fish that came out of the aquarium, and beat another enemy to death with it. A few minutes later, I drowned an enemy in a toilet. I like when games reflect my real life.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #519
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yeah, opportunities to blow up people and weird things abound in this game. The freaking fire spiders drove me nuts in the beginning (particularly the noise they make when you are playing with headphones). They've now been all eliminated from the wasteland.

It's still early to pass judgement, but I still think I may slightly prefer the Elder Scrolls series (mainly for the diversity of landscapes and terrain, which makes it a more visually interesting universe to play), but Fallout is a close second. You can't go wrong with either, really.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #520
ONE
love, blood, life

I agree about that statement if you're comparing Elder Scrolls vs. Fallout 3 in particular, but if you include Fallout: New Vegas, things change a bit.

Both are fantastic games though. Skyrim was great, but I'd still go with Oblivion as a better game there. Between the two most recent Fallouts? Hard to tell. Really is.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #521
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
Between the two most recent Fallouts? Hard to tell. Really is.
Really? Fallout 3 is probably my favourite video game of all time. New Vegas, on the other hand was pretty disapointing. Aside from the numerous bugs, I found the main story this time not as interesting and a lot of the side missions failed to really keep me motivated, I havent even finished it.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #522
ONE
love, blood, life

Fallout 3 certainly has the finished product edge, and the classic storyline. It's also the 'original' (Bethsoft original) to the series.

However there are so many additions to New Vegas that would've made 3 so much better. Not to mention that the land is incredibly vast and significantly larger than 3, with much more unique terrain, things to see, etc. It also stays true to the original Fallouts, and has much more gameplay to it.

If New Vegas were to be perfected, it would outright top 3. However, there's no clear, decisive winner between the two simply because New Vegas is imperfect whereas 3 is generally... perfect.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #523
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Really? Fallout 3 is probably my favourite video game of all time. New Vegas, on the other hand was pretty disapointing. Aside from the numerous bugs, I found the main story this time not as interesting and a lot of the side missions failed to really keep me motivated, I havent even finished it.
Agreed, 3 is superior....Vegas really disappointed me. I was so looking forward to being immersed and it just didn't happen. But 3, good lord.....
Old 08-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #524
Blue Meth Addict

I agree with Elfa and NSW. Tons of memorable moments and locations from 3, I don't remember much of anything about New Vegas. I don't think I like Obsidian much as a developer.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #525
ONE
love, blood, life

I expected everyone to react that way. Most people are critical of New Vegas.

I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority. I remember tons of locations. There's much more to do, more to see.

Not to mention Hardcore Mode was easily the best single addition that was lacking from 3.