Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys get any of the Battlefield 3 dlc? I got Armoured Kill and Aftermath now that I've actually got space on my harddrive. It's like having a whole new game

As an Astrophysics student, Mass Effect really has a lot of neat stuff in it that interests me.

I'm surprised, there's a lot of creative and accurate thought gone into it. Some of it, however, is ridiculously thought up. Which is really weird because you figure they were smart and creative enough to do some things, yet made some creative adjustments that are just painstakingly stupid considering the education it took to include the former.

Did you guys get any of the Battlefield 3 dlc? I got Armoured Kill and Aftermath now that I've actually got space on my harddrive. It's like having a whole new game

Yeah, I did the season pass. The Aftermath maps are awesome. I haven't played on them nearly enough though.

As an Astrophysics student, Mass Effect really has a lot of neat stuff in it that interests me.

I'm surprised, there's a lot of creative and accurate thought gone into it. Some of it, however, is ridiculously thought up. Which is really weird because you figure they were smart and creative enough to do some things, yet made some creative adjustments that are just painstakingly stupid considering the education it took to include the former.

Yeah, it definitely is one of the better research games out there. What type of adjustments do you mean? Are you talking story-wise or science-wise?

Yeah, it definitely is one of the better research games out there. What type of adjustments do you mean? Are you talking story-wise or science-wise?

Science-wise. It is very well researched of a game, and clearly the people who've worked on it are not just game designers and computer programmers but at least moderately versed in astrophysics and planetary science.

They seem to love a combination of Xenon and Krypton for atmospheres, which is odd. Abundant for noble gasses, sure... every other exoplanet though? Come on...

What really drove me up the wall though was that they're so well educated and so studied on the topic, yet they will go ass-backwards and label something as unknown ("???") when it's a simple spec. One of the planet's acceleration due to gravity (measured in Earth G's in the game) was labeled "???" as though measuring gravity is some scientific discovery... assuming since they already know the orbital period, the distance from its star, and the masses of the objects around it (and the fact that you can flyby the planet), calculating gravitational potential energy is simple algebra from Newton's version of Kepler's 3rd Law. Rearrangement of variables, plug-n-chug. It blows my mind that they can be so versed in the complex matters, yet mess up something so simple like that.

Know what bugs me? Krogans don't even exist! What a bunch of bullshit, fuck that series!

Haha yeah, I get it...

I guess when you just get so involved with something like this it tends to make you care a little more...

Haha yeah, I get it...

I guess when you just get so involved with something like this it tends to make you care a little more...

Just joking around, I do the same thing. I'll be watching some show, and will get livid about the unbelievably of some minor aspect (usually involving gun usage), when the entire premise is ridiculous.

Finished Far Cry 3 this weekend. For those of you who've finished:

Did you watch both endings? The "bad" ending is pretty freaking screwed up.

Dead Space 3 coming tomorrow. I've loved the last 2, so I'll probably have to get this one. We'll see. Also really looking forward to that Aliens: Colonial Marines game next week, hopefully it's good. If I end up getting both, I'm going to be wetting my undies nightly for a few weeks playing two scary games in a row.

Finished Far Cry 3 this weekend. For those of you who've finished:

Did you watch both endings? The "bad" ending is pretty freaking screwed up.

I did the bad ending and was all "what.the.fuck?"
I watched the good ending on youtube afterward. Can't wait to get the dlc going

:up:

Without ever really mentioning it, I've just sorta silently assumed that you and Imps are getting Gears of War: Judgement in March. Am I correct in that assumption? I saw some gameplay videos for it this weekend, it looks like it has some pretty cool mutliplayer modes. One of them being your long time dream, free-for-all mode.

:up:

Without ever really mentioning it, I've just sorta silently assumed that you and Imps are getting Gears of War: Judgement in March. Am I correct in that assumption? I saw some gameplay videos for it this weekend, it looks like it has some pretty cool mutliplayer modes. One of them being your long time dream, free-for-all mode.

Swim, Stupid Giant, RPT and I are all getting it, cannot speak for The Deputy. Rest assured, your clan mates are down with it.

One scary thing, it doesn't look like horde mode is in it at launch. There's something called survival that they haven't explained though, and people are hoping that might be their way of encompassing horde / beast mode together.

There is a multiplayer mode where you essentially take turns being humans or Locust, and it's for all intents and purposes horde / beast, but with real people.

I forgot, I can finally find out what that game's all about.

God, I hate having absolutely zero free time. I have a stack of new games and have played only a very little bit of any of them.

I'm cool with it. There won't be much going on with it early on anyway. PS3's launch was weak.

I'm excited for PS4 because I'm a graphics whore.

Ya, the used games thing is bullshit. They can't just decide "well, you're paying for a license for the game". No I'm fucking not. They already don't let you download it from the disc to the system; that makes sense. Now they're just getting greedy.

I still refuse to buy used games from gamestop though. Oh, you dropped it a whole $5 because it's used and are double dipping? Eat shit

I still refuse to buy used games from gamestop though. Oh, you dropped it a whole $5 because it's used and are double dipping? Eat shit

I can't stand that crap either. I'm shocked anyone buys used at that price. If I'm already wiling to pay $55, why not spend $5 more and get a brand new copy no one has sneezed on?

Hoping they'll actually announce some solid info on the 20th, as that will mean Microsoft will quickly announce things as well. While there are still some good games coming for the present consoles this year, I'm REALLY tired of these systems. The hardware is sooooo behind PC at this point, it sucks. Really disheartening to see how much better PC version of most all games look.

Speaking of which, JT, did you see the BF4 rumors? Said multiplayer would be 64 players on next gen consoles. Please let that be more than a rumor, Holy Spaghetti Monster in the Clouds! :pray:

I can't afford $60 releases, simple as that. If used games were killed off, I would wait a coulple of years to buy the PS4/720 (Microsoft wants in on this too). I don't care that much about keeping up with gaming. Apparently, the next gen will have a lifespan of 10 years, so I won't feel too bad only enjoying 70-80% of that.

Of course, the generation after that could lead to the shutdown of the previous system's servers, meaning you won't be able to play the system anymore, as every game requires an internet connection. That possibility is extremely baffling and a major turnoff.

GHUkGXA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom