Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, I'm buying Alan Wake right now. Can't wait for that shit to get here.

:up: x 10

Heavy Rain deserved the criticism.

I need to buy Journey. Almost did this last weekend, actually.

Almost done with Far Cry 3, just have a few missions left. :sad:

The Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood were both fantastic.

Has anyone here played the Walking Dead game by Telltale? Easily the most intense and emotionally involved game I've ever played. It has similarities to Heavy Rain but is far more consistent, story wise and gameplay wise.

I feel like I need to include a little caveat about Journey to those that haven't played it. Just know, you'll probably play it through to the end in one sitting... Though I would've liked a little more gameplay, I kinda get it; You're able to play through the entire thing with one other anonymous player, which is nice.
But anyway, just sayin'

Has anyone here played the Walking Dead game by Telltale? Easily the most intense and emotionally involved game I've ever played. It has similarities to Heavy Rain but is far more consistent, story wise and gameplay wise.

What's it like? Are you actually controlling the characters or is it more like you're pointing at things and making decisions?

I feel like I need to include a little caveat about Journey to those that haven't played it. Just know, you'll probably play it through to the end in one sitting... Though I would've liked a little more gameplay, I kinda get it; You're able to play through the entire thing with one other anonymous player, which is nice.
But anyway, just sayin'

That's been the one thing that's made me not get it yet. I loved that developer's previously game, Flower. I've heard there are different things you can do in the game to get some replay value, but it sounds pretty limited. Regardless, I'm going to try to play it soon (after finishing Far Cry).

I got it for Christmas (of which, I've heard there is a war being waged), but haven't started it yet. Looking forward to it quite a bit, got a number of "best game of the year" awards last year. Also, I love Walking Dead.

What's it like? Are you actually controlling the characters or is it more like you're pointing at things and making decisions?

You control the characters, but a lot of what you do is walk up to people or objects to interact with them. There are a few actions segments though as well. It feels a lot like one of those old-school point-and-click adventure games.

OK so I've only played 2 Kinect games, but I'm 100% sure that the Dance Central series is the reason to own it.

There was a Pitbull track. I nailed it.

Dalè.

There's exploring and stuff?

Yep! Not a ton, but there is definitely some exploring and problem solving. The real crux of the game are the moral choices you are forced to make, usually what you feel is the better of two bad options. It really works to get that mix of desperation and hope that an apocalyptic scenario could create.

Hahaha. I bought that as a Christmas present for a girl that I broke up with before we played it. Put it in one day and messed around by myself, that is my only Dance Central experience. It was fun, but felt weird playing knowing I'd bought it for someone I didn't want to think about.

I HIGHLY recommend Fruit Ninja Kinect, it's probably the Kinect game I've played the most with friends and family.. The Kinect Sports games are great too.

Popped open Hexic HD for the first time in a little over a year.

Still have my ridiculously stupid high scores, but they've slipped a bit. #460 in timed mode :p

And I broke my record on 1st day back playing the level-mode or whatever it is. The third game mode.

Hahaha. I bought that as a Christmas present for a girl that I broke up with before we played it. Put it in one day and messed around by myself, that is my only Dance Central experience. It was fun, but felt weird playing knowing I'd bought it for someone I didn't want to think about.

I HIGHLY recommend Fruit Ninja Kinect, it's probably the Kinect game I've played the most with friends and family.. The Kinect Sports games are great too.

:lol: That sucks. I could never imagine myself playing every day, but that was definitely fun. Bust A Move has all the dorky, hideously dated dance moves I'm usually all about.

Funny you should mention that; I also picked up The Gunstringer (also fun) and it comes with a download of Fruit Ninja Kinect. Haven't tried it yet.

Fruit Ninja Kinect is great too. It's best to play with an item to substitute for a samurai sword or, if you have one, an actual samurai sword. I used a whisk.

Have you guys seen the video of fruit ninja game being played on a... I don't even know what it was. Like a projection onto mist or something. So you could actually slice your hand through the fruit. Looked like fun

I bought Far Cry 3 today. I haven't been gaming a lot lately but this might change again. The first few hours were great fun.

It took me 2 months to get Mass Effect 1/2/3.

I wonder how many months it will take me to open it.

And then how many more afterwards until I play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom