Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:28 PM
Oh this game is quality, trust me.

Y'know how everyone was all like "Infinity Ward isn't Infinity Ward anymore"? Basically my little theory on it was that it would be the exact same game.

And it is. Except Sledgehammer and Treyarch also worked on this game as well. And there's everything that was awesome from Black Ops (like their own version of Zombies)... but none of the shit.

It's got some flaws, but overall it's really good I'd say.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Treyarch have nothing to do with MW3. It's only Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
Treyarch have nothing to do with MW3. It's only Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer.
Treyarch is indirectly involved and has been ever since the IW mess a year ago. Furthermore, there is bound to be collaboration between the two groups considering they work on the same title and are not competitors. It's why everything you saw in Black Ops is back in MW3, and it's why whatever good that comes out of MW3 will likely be in the next Treyarch installment.

They're also developing the Wii version of the game. Yes, there name isn't on the title, but they're involved.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:24 AM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Just finished MW3 Campaign on Veteran. Total time: 9 hrs 52 minutes. FWIW, all of Treyarch is in the credits

Come on, not even 10 hours of gameplay? I didn't even take a break (scary, I know).

The single player was much, much better in MW2. This one gets a bit too extreme. Every time you crash or you fall or whatever you somehow miraculously survive. It happens way, way too much. It's also ridiculously filled with action, but a very WW3 style action. Interesting take, but I feel as though MW2 did it better. This one gets very 'extreme' if you will. Very James Bond'y in the sense that... you're not doing that in real life. No way. Of course, not that the older ones were realistic. But this takes it to a whole new level.

Story's not that bad though. But could've been a bit better.

There is a ridiculous amount of recycled material in this game. If you know where to look, you'll notice it. The boats you finish MW2 off in? Same exact boat used. The first level from MW2 in Afghanistan? Rehashed into a European beach scene. The Spec Ops level in MW2 that goes through a big bathroom? Also reused. There were several others I noticed. They simply pasted new textures on old designs.

Anyways, single player as a whole is passable but not notable like MW2. Multiplayer is phenomenal. Now to see Spec Ops... I've heard great things.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Took half a sick day yesterday and on the way home I picked up Battlefield 3. Just did a bit of single player on hard... it's, well, hard.

Multiplayer is also going to take some time to get used to as well. JT, whenever you're ready to squad up, lemme know.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #36
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:28 AM
SKYRlM HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowza on reviews. Wowza McTrowza.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Expecting "unemployed and now no longer looking for work" numbers to climb next month in the US due to Skyrim.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Can't wait! What a busy weekend it's going to be! Two Killers shows and TES: IV! Two things I've been waiting for for far too long!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:28 AM
I caved, I said all year that I wasn't gonna buy MW3, but I did yesterday!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #40
War Child

Quote:
Worthy of a video game itself, French crooks steal £600,000 worth of Call Of Duty games in truck heist

Last updated at 11:51 AM on 9th November 2011

One of the explosive Modern Warfare 3 missions takes place in Paris – but it seems that crooks have created their own Call of Duty-style scenes in the French capital for real, stealing £600,000-worth of the blockbuster game.

Two trucks delivering copies of the game to stores were targeted by armed gangs in separate incidents in the Paris suburbs on Saturday morning.

The first robbery saw bandits disguised with ski masks ram a delivery truck to make the driver stop and inspect the damage, according to Le Parisien newspaper. The crooks, who were brandishing knives, then threw tear gas at him and stole the truck.

Just one hour later three thieves stole another delivery van after blocking its path with a car and threatening the driver with a handgun.

Police have yet to apprehend those responsible.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 launched yesterday to huge critical acclaim, with much of the gaming press hailing it as the best in the series yet.

Metro described the single-player campaign as ‘still the best in the business, with some incredibly cinematic set pieces’.

Meanwhile, Official Xbox Magazine said: 'Every bit of the adventure demonstrates remarkable care and polish on the part of Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games — so much so that this game is arguably the slickest Call of Duty to date. It remains a very stellar, cohesive, and staggeringly refined trek.’

The Call of Duty franchise has sold in excess of 100 million units worldwide and is played online by gamers in over 144 countries around the world. That’s enough to fill up the 80 largest sports stadiums in the world.

Startlingly, Call of Duty players have fired more virtual bullets than there are stars in the Milky Way.
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: French crooks steal £600k worth of video games | Mail Online

With an estimated $1 billion sales mark, 6000 copies isn't really that much loss to be honest. Did anyone hear about the stolen copy that got sold on eBay for $1725?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/04/so...are-3-on-ebay/
Old 11-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
SKYRlM HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowza on reviews. Wowza McTrowza.
It was released a day early here in Cobbler's beloved BJ Ho-Fry, so I've been seeing a lot of talk about it on Facebook. Looks amazing, but just isn't my thing. Glad to see it's met expectations, though - otherwise I have no doubt that there would be worldwide riots.

Rayman Origins is getting great reviews too - I've never played a Rayman game before, but since Donkey Kong Country Returns was my favourite game from last year, I'm pretty eager to pick this up.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:28 AM
LOL!

In Skyrim, Bucket + Head = The Perfect Crime - News - www.GameInformer.com
Old 11-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:28 AM
beta weekend testing invite. downloading game client, and probably going to call out of work tomorrow night to geek out. awww yeah.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

That's hilarious!

Although I'm not sure what the button to pick things up was... it seems as though they've replaced LB with sprint.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #45
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey

Popularity does not equal quality. Just ask 98 Degrees
This is very true... but ea released battlefield when they did so that they could compete directly with MW3. That's all I was referring to.

Battlefield might very well be better... but I'm so used to call of duty, and my friends play call of duty (o sound 12 I know), so I stuck with call of duty.

I like my decision.