Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got 3 new games sitting here with a 4th en route. Not sure which to play first. Leaning towards FIFA......

Mofo, does Dishonored have co-op play? If so, let's do this shit and see what's what.

On the name note, has anyone played Madden 13? I see some really mixed reviews out there. I got it on a Black Friday sale, and I'm thinking about reselling it on ebay if it's just Roster Update 2013. A lot of people also seem pretty pissed about the "connected careers" mode replacing the traditional "franchise" mode.

The last time I played Madden was like 5 years ago. I played some 10 year old kid online and he destroyed me, and I immediately retired. When it comes to sports games, I have pretty much given up outside of occasionally buying a golf or NHL game....and now FIFA, which I'm excited about.

Problem I had with Madden is that the difficulty levels were kinda problematic. I got tired of blowing out every team on my way to 16-0, do I bumped it up a level. Then I got tired of getting sacked constantly turning the ball over every other drive.

I had the same problem last time I played single player. It was more frustrating than enjoyable, and, that's not what you want in a game. So I hung up my cleats in favor of swords, spells and chainsaws. Typical post-retirement stuff.

I had the same problem last time I played single player. It was more frustrating than enjoyable, and, that's not what you want in a game. So I hung up my cleats in favor of swords, spells and chainsaws. Typical post-retirement stuff.

I find the creepy digital Phil Simms and Jim Nantz strangely compelling however.

Mofo, does Dishonored have co-op play? If so, let's do this shit and see what's what.

I think it's single player only, not sure. Far Cry 3 does.

I'm with you guys in regards to sports games. I really like them, but I'm terrible online, and the single player experience gets boring / frustrating far too soon.

NSW, have you looked into that Skyrim DLC coming out tomorrow? Sounds awesome, I may have to strap my dragon scale armor back on some time soon. (plus, I never actually finished the campaign....)

That's right, Far Cry 3 is the one with the co-op. Let's try and play that some time this month.....

I have not heard a thing about the DLC. As much as I loved Skyrim, I played so much of it in such a short period of time that I think I burned myself out. I did finish the campaign. If you play it, let me know how it is, please.

I'm really interested in Far Cry, but I'm starting to think that if Dishonored wasn't my favorite thing, maybe I should rule FC out as well.

Have their been any games with first person perspectives that you enjoyed? Be it lately or over the years...... Oh, and I've yet to experience creepy digital Nantz or Simms. Got to hear Nantz gush a lot with the last Tiger Woods game I bought, though. Dude loves golf as purely as anyone has every loved anything.

As much as I loved Skyrim, I played so much of it in such a short period of time that I think I burned myself out. I did finish the campaign. If you play it, let me know how it is, please.

Understandable, I gave it a break for quite a while as well, and I know you completed a lot more of it than I did. Played it for a few weeks again this summer, and had a blast. This new DLC is a new island area (returning DLC area from Morrowind, if you played that).

I'm sure I'll probably end up buying it, who knows when I'll get to it. I need to stop buying so damn many games.

Good question. Maybe the first Halo? Most first person games are shooters, which I tend to be especially bad at.
I'm not good at them, but do enjoy one now and then. I've played Halo once in my life, for like 30 minutes. The whole franchise is foreign to me.

Understandable, I gave it a break for quite a while as well, and I know you completed a lot more of it than I did. Played it for a few weeks again this summer, and had a blast. This new DLC is a new island area (returning DLC area from Morrowind, if you played that).

I'm sure I'll probably end up buying it, who knows when I'll get to it. I need to stop buying so damn many games.

Yeah, I really did love it, but eventually it was more like a compulsion than a desire to play, which robbed me of some of the enjoyment. I'll probably buy all DLC at some point and play them. I bought no new games for months, and now a slew....not to mention "Journey" for PS3, forgot about that one.

Mike, I somehow failed to mention that you can ride dragons in this new Skyrim DLC....

Yeah, dragon riding is a new shout. Should be crazy.

That changes things a bit....

I don't know why, but this very much surprises me.

I also have not really played any Call of Duty games or Battlefield. Well, I played a little Battlefield until JT landed a helicopter on my head.

But, yeah, my gaming goes in such spurts that there are many popular franchises that maybe started when I was not gaming and thus I never really got into them. I know a ton of people that love Halo, it was just bad timing for me when it first came out.

Man, someday you need to get on that with Halo. You'd probably enjoy it.

I am sure I would, but I really do feel like that ship has sailed for me.

Started FIFA last night, playing the player mode where a young ex-pat NSW joins FC Bayern in the Bundesliga in hopes of starting a wonderful professional career while also hoping to be selected to team USA at some point.

No spoken words said:
I am sure I would, but I really do feel like that ship has sailed for me.

Started FIFA last night, playing the player mode where a young ex-pat NSW joins FC Bayern in the Bundesliga in hopes of starting a wonderful professional career while also hoping to be selected to team USA at some point.

Do you have FIFA 13 or 12? I have 12 - would be cool to play online (one of my favorite things with FIFA games).

Too bad. I might get it at some point, will let you know if I do.

Playing FIFA with a few friends is the best. I played some FIFA 11 on the Playstation 2 yesterday. :lol:

I haven't had as much fun playing video games in the last couple years as I have with Halo 4 over the last ~month.

:up:

I love it too. Most I've enjoyed a Halo game probably since the original, certainly the most I've played a Halo game since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom