Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been playing a lot of Assassin's Creed 3. I think I like it more than the second one. Will post a review once I'm done so you guys can definitely know if you should probably play it.

Also hi NSW, how are you

I played Halo 4 for hours today. Love that they're releasing more mini missions as time goes by.

I think this Winter Break I might attempt a run for the first time at the Mass Effect series.

Although, Halo 4 might get in the way.

This convinced me to buy Mass Effect 2. Plus, it's really cheap now.

Elfa, I'd play one first, especially since some character choices from 1 carry over to 2. Wait, do they, or is that just 2 over to 3...I think I'm right. Fuck.

They carry over from both 1 and 2. I think it's worth playing, though it might look slightly dated at this point. I played it immediately before 2 came out (so I was late to the party as well, despite buying it the day it came out....), and still was extremely impressed. Plus, you'll be able to see what an upgrade part 2 was. Those first two games were mind blowing graphics wise when they both came out.

Yeah. It's official. Still haven't played campaign, but I like Halo 4 more than Reach. Or Halo 2 or 3 for that matter.

2 of the Knights of the Bro(mak) Republic, along with 3 Knights of NSW's real life, got together once again last night, chainsaws in hand, to defend humanity against the Locust Horde.

2.5 hours later, 50 waves of the enemy lay dead, and "Mining Town" once again knew peace.

Yeah. It's official. Still haven't played campaign, but I like Halo 4 more than Reach. Or Halo 2 or 3 for that matter.

:up: Glad you're liking it a great deal too. I think you'll really like the campaign, I've been wanting to play through it a second time quite a bit..

2 of the Knights of the Bro(mak) Republic, along with 3 Knights of NSW's real life, got together once again last night, chainsaws in hand, to defend humanity against the Locust Horde.

2.5 hours later, 50 waves of the enemy lay dead, and "Mining Town" once again knew peace.

I wonder how many times one of those Knights stood directly in front of you on purpose to screw your aim up in those 2.5 hours.

:up: Glad you're liking it a great deal too. I think you'll really like the campaign, I've been wanting to play through it a second time quite a bit..

This Saturday, me and two of my friends who've also abstained from campaign are going to go through the whole thing. On Legendary. In person. System link. Love it.

Nice! Haven't done a system link / LAN type thing in a long time. Understandable that sort of thing has died off with how fast internet connections have become, but it sure is a lot of fun being in the same room together while playing. Plus, no lag / latency issues.

I remember one of my friends actually bringing his 360 and monitor over just to play Oblivion together when it came out just so we could see each others characters and playing styles while playing. Ha.

Most awesome housemate/roommate decision I ever made was renting a house with the friend from work who I play video games with. Every day is gaming awesomeness. He also washes dishes, and has the best dog ever.

The system link wouldn't work because one of the xbox 360s used was an older, non-wireless model that had never been hooked up to the internet or updated (it's in a permanent system link with original xboxes that we use for playing Halo 1 in a game room we've got set up). Didn't know that would be a problem. By the time we got it all figured out and setup, we had spent half the day doing it and wound up mostly just playing Wargames. I'll tackle it on my own now as there isn't a time the group can get back together until after the holidays, and that's just too long to wait.

Anyone play Dishonored yet? Thoughts?

Halo 4 campaign is great. May end up being my favorite Halo game yet.

I rented Dishonored and (I know I'll get a lot of crap for this), it just wasn't my thing. This will sound pretty lame, but I really tend to be immediately lukewarm on games with a first person perspective. That aside, it seemed like the look of the game somehow felt a bit bland and maybe even a little dated. I found the story only marginally engaging.

I suspect I'm a minority opinion however.

I haven't played my copy either, but it seems to be one of the most popular games of the year according to internet buzz. You supposedly can do the missions any way you want, which seems cool. You can even complete the game without killing anyone other than the required story related characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom