Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah still available everyone I know seemingly has it. Just search for me on Steam, i'm riverseo on it and if you make a friend request i'll be able to gift it to you.

Hmmm I used the Steam search panel and found nothing. My name is "mobvok and an array of synths".

yeaaaah there we go. Added you as a friend. Played a lot of Team Fortress 2 for 2-3 years, haven't played since....well, the Halloween update last year. So I've been off Steam for awhile, but I'd be happy to add another friend on there. :)

I do most my gaming on my PC these days, it's well kitted out for it, plus just the options of mods on many games are endless.

Anyway i've gifted Civ 5 now so should turn up for you, I think you just need to accept.

42 minutes into Silent Hill and I want to throw my controller across the room. Moving Harry is ridiculous.

Oh dang, thanks for that.

Agree with you, though I've heard that Creative Assembly will be making an effort to make it more moddable than Empire and Shogun 2. Let's hope that's the case. Hopefully they've learned why people are still playing a game released eight years ago over a game released two years ago - still play Europa Barbarorum sometimes, myself.

Finally started Resident Evil 6 since it's close to Halloween. Actually enjoying it quite a bit so far, though I can already see that it will likely overstay its welcome. The basic chapters take FOREVER to complete, which normally would be a good thing, but probably just shows off the games weaknesses in this case. Regardless, enjoying it at the moment (Leon's campaign, as it's supposedly the most "Resident Evil-y".

I may have spoken too soon, seems some voices of reason are coming now, with some pretty positive reviews. I guess video game pirates are similar to music pirates, people who have 0 interest in something download it and immediately start bashing it.

Reminds me, I still haven't played even a minute of AC: Brotherhood (that I've had since it came out...). I should probably try to throw it in tonight and play the first bit so I can say I at least tried it before turning it in.

Well, if it's November it's time for people to start raiding the comment threads of mediocre reviews for big sequel games.

The same people that moan about the state of the gaming press are criticizing a 7/10 for Halo 4. the METACRITIC disagrees with you!

So I've banked about a day's worth of playtime into Civ 5. I'm kind of a chicken that would rather sloooooowly ramp up the difficulty while learning the controls instead of challenging myself, so on the easier difficulty levels my games have mostly just been 5 hours of upgrading my civ's techs and building the spaceship. Not a lot of actual warfare/drama, but again: probably my fault. I do have to say given the choice I probably prefer the quicker Age of Empires II style, but I understand why people would like this methodical pace.

Also jumping back and forth out of playing The Last Story for Wii. This is an interesting game in that it's kind of a wreck, design-wise, yet it's mashing so many overtly sentimental JRPG cliches with a fresher battle style that it's bobbing its head above the surface to keep me interested.

So wow. Halo 4 crept up on me. Just ordered it. Should be here middle of next week!

Either Jive Turkey lost his marbles or someone hacked into his account and posted that because he's posted it everywhere on the forum. Even on random threads dug up that are over a year old.

prof.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom