Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #271
War Child

Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention, but there's nothing I'm really excited about coming out soon. I can't think of a single game
Give Twisted Metal a try in February.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #272
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:28 PM
I've never played any Twisted Metal before. They're like crazy destruction derby games?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #273
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 08:28 PM
Imps, new Gears maps came out today.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #274
ONE
love, blood, life

Twisted Metal 1 and 2 are car combat royalty and some of the finest games to come out of the original Playstation era.

The new game is being developed by Eat Sleep Play, headed by the director of the original games and also of God of War fame.

Should be good.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
You didn't play SSX3?!
Quote:
Nope. Good, I take it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Yeah, definitely one of my favorite games from the last generation of consoles. Had an awesome soundtrack too.
I got a weird/cool SSX 3 vibe while wandering around Skyrim a bit. Putting everything together on the same mountain was a great idea, and I sank a ton of hours into it.

Didn't like later on, though, how realistic the jumps and routes got. Tricky is the zenith of the crazy routes- Mercury (?) City was really impressive.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #276
Blue Meth Addict

JT, how can you say you're not excited for this?

Old 01-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #277
ONE
love, blood, life

That does look pretty cool. I've never played any Max Payne games; I always thought the bullet time stuff was gimmicky and lame. But that looks like fun. If it gets good reviews, I'll check it out
Old 01-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #278
Blue Meth Addict

That's too bad. I'm sure they feel ancient now, but they were fantastic at the time. I really like Remedy, their games not only have really unique, quirky, and extremely well done stories, but the gameplay itself is a blast. Remedy themselves seem extremely happy with Max Payne 3, even though they're not developing it. Apparently Rockstar has done a good job still involving them and getting their input regardless, which is pretty cool. It's weird that even though they have fairly huge sales, there are still some "classy" video game companies out there.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #279
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I've never played any Twisted Metal before. They're like crazy destruction derby games?
yesssssss
Old 01-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #280
Blue Meth Addict

Resident Evil 6 - November 20th
Old 01-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #281
ONE
love, blood, life

I cant wait to see footage for the new God of War that comes out in the winter... Not sure if anything is expected soon
Old 01-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #282
ONE
love, blood, life

That Max Payne 3 footage looks nice, but, uh, if you've spend 50+ hours in the Grand Theft Auto game engine, you really don't want to spend more time there even if the deck chairs have been rearranged.

I realize that Rockstar spends a ton developing a game engine for one console generation, but it just feels like throwing on a pair of slippers that are worn out from years of heavy use at this point.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

It took me another 2 weeks to work up the enthusiasm to play Skyward Sword again, which is ominous in of itself, but I tried playing for another hour or so today and quit in frustration. I've felt headaches handling the new controls, and the same arbitrary Nintendo fetch quest padding. "Find 3 of my friends, and then I'll tell you where Zelda went!" I'm confused by the gap between all I'd heard that this was the "best Zelda ever" and the frustration I'm experiencing.

I'm using this time as a zen period to try and approach it even-mindedly again, but I'm getting close to simply saying "forget it" and moving on to a different game.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #284
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I've backed down from Defcon Rage and think I've got a handle on the motion controls. Well, not real well, but enough to get me through to the Lanayru Desert at least.

Playing Skyrim and SS back to back, they really feel like polar opposites on the same spectrum of action game, which is strange considering that earlier Zelda games like Ocarina of Time would be far closer to a middle ground. Skyward Sword has really stripped out a lot of the general Hyrule Field-style open wandering while Skyrim is all about that feeling.

Fighting dragons, I wish there was the sort of Z-targeting automated move that activated based on timing, the same sort of Parry attacks that Zelda started introducing in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. But Skyward Sword's combat is much less about defensive posturing (using the shield is damn near impossible to reliably do in combat- shove the nunchuck forward), and more about the exact blade positionig with the WiiMotionPlus. About 10 hours in, I'm not sure it's worth the tradeoff.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #285
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:28 AM
I never really had any issues with the motion controls, if you go a bit too wild with the controller then it did need a bit of re calibration, but once I toned down the wild swinging I had very little issue, except when the batteries needed recharging, plus I found the shield the easiest thing to use. I also found it to have the least padding of all Zelda games, but it's something most games of this ilk are always guilty of, fetch quests blegh.

I don't think it's the best Zelda ever, it places second for me behind Majora's Mask, which I contend is the most fun and brilliantly realised world of any of the Zelda's.