Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #241
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:29 PM
Since I'm so awsomely creative with names, my Elder Scrolls characters are always named Rachel (except for one in Morrowind that was named Rach).

Old 12-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #242
Blue Meth Addict

Old 12-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #243
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:29 PM
What a cheap cocksucker. I would've quit that game about a minute in. Those videos always make me laugh because their voices are always like Cartman's in the World of Warcraft episode
Old 12-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #244
ONE
love, blood, life

"...to make sure someone doesn't come and shoot me in the back because that's the most annoying thing"

Pretty sure that's not the most annoying thing going on in that video
Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #245
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh, and I've gotten past all the unpolishedness of Skyrim. Played it for a while last night and it's pretty awesome. They do a good job of creating an atmosphere with music as you walk around the world. The night time is really quite nice looking (the moon is a nice touch). Anyway, I look forward to my adventures with Keith the Lizardman
Old 12-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #246
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:29 PM
And that's why I don't play these games.

Edit: referring to fps games
Old 01-03-2012, 02:16 AM   #247
ONE
love, blood, life

It's a horrible idea to start playing skyrim at 2am, right?.... Just a couple minutes
Old 01-03-2012, 02:53 AM   #248
ONE
love, blood, life

Yes it's a horrible idea. I've been doing it every night on break and I don't wake up until 2pm+ the next day because of it.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #249
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Yes it's a horrible idea. I've been doing it every night on break and I don't wake up until 2pm+ the next day because of it.
the first 2 weeks or so with Skyrim were pretty rough. There's always one more quest nearby......usually went to sleep anywhere from 4-5am. 130+ hours into the game now I feel some burnout starting to creep in from the relentless questing. I'm medicating with starting Skyward Sword, which is fine...but leads to panic any time a Zelda NPC suggests a new fetch quest to go on.

now take the following with a grain of salt, because having spent most of the last two years playing Team Fortress 2 my PS3 controller skills atrophied to the point where starting off Skyrim I could barely walk and point my head in the right direction (dual joysticks: harder than you think!)

but I want to throw Skyward Sword's motion control team off a large cliff. Simply walking Link around accurately feels unreasonably difficult, and I've yet to experience anything in the game that justifies the motion swing doodad. Link also looks like a huge dork running around with his sword out (dick innuendo!). It's like someone's pulling him around by the tip of his sword.

the counterpoint is that Zelda and Link's relationship is finally developed to the point where they feel like legitimate characters interacting. still early on Skyward Sword so we'll see where it goes.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #250
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:29 PM
I agree with you Mobvok. Sorry I don't frequent this thread with all the Skyrim talk, but I've finished Skyward Sword, and had MAJOR issues with the motion plus. It just doesn't work well for me. I had to use the center button often, and with sword moves most of the time Link made a completely different move from what I did. At one point I went Game Over because I had to hit a certain way and I couldn't get it right.

Now went back to Twilight Princess, and while the sword slashing is much simpler, it is more effective.
The backstory of SS was worth it though, all the things you find out in the end is great.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #251
The Male

Friggin 3DS. It's the only system Nintendo has made in ages with decent tech and sleep mode kills the battery.

Now.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #252
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:29 PM
I think I might rent a Wii system just to play Zelda, then return it afterwards. Maybe during reading break coming up in February
Old 01-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #253
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:29 PM
Wow, Rage was short. Was not expecting that. However, still enjoyed the game and would recommend it. I still have some races to finish and to find the Doom, Wolf3D and Quake hidden rooms
Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #254
Blue Meth Addict

Short? it's like a 12 to 15 hour game. That's extremely long for a FPS these days, the new COD campaign is 5 hours.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #255
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Friggin 3DS. It's the only system Nintendo has made in ages with decent tech and sleep mode kills the battery.
The battery sucks so hard. Only four hours? Wtf is that all about. Even the GBA SP had a longer lasting battery!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Closed Thread