Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's coming out for PC really soon too (or just did), if you have some sort of fancy gaming computer. It's really cool, I love that game.

bono_212 said:
I have a nice laptop that lacks a video card :(

:sad:

my housemate has commandeered my computer. I let him borrow it "for a few minutes" so he could make some gear mods for my jedi...two hours ago.

Here I thought I was being a bastard for flying myself and a pal to the opposite deployment in a chopper just to steal their jets when they spawned. On the ground. This guy makes that look like child's play.

vfSTL.jpg

^ha, nice.

I seem to be about the only person who's actually excited about the new Assassin's Creed game being, at least partially, set during the American Revolution. Seems like a lot of the internet is all omg typicl ubisoft pandering to AMERIKKKKAN$$$$$ and wants the game to be set in a comparitively overused location or time period. It's a very interesting time, and if we're playing as an Iroquois character that's going to be even cooler. Might be enough to get me back into the series.

I've had a lot of fatique with the franchise. One a year is waaaaaay too often, even for franchises I like. I still haven't even touched my copy of Brotherhood, not sure if I ever will now that I'm so far behind. That said, a different setting is something I've wanted since the 2nd game, so I may skip Brotherhood and Revelations and go straight to 3. We'll see.

The early screen shots look a bit silly though. Why'd they have to give him that same hoodie? Seems crazily out of place.

I picked up SSX, but haven't played it yet. I really liked that franchise, hope to get some time with it this weekend.

I am sure AC 1, 2, and 3 will be rolled up into some kind of collection at some point and that's when I will pick it up and play through.

Too much slow walking in 1 and I kept falling off towers and missing the haystacks.

I've had a lot of fatique with the franchise. One a year is waaaaaay too often, even for franchises I like. I still haven't even touched my copy of Brotherhood, not sure if I ever will now that I'm so far behind. That said, a different setting is something I've wanted since the 2nd game, so I may skip Brotherhood and Revelations and go straight to 3. We'll see.

The early screen shots look a bit silly though. Why'd they have to give him that same hoodie? Seems crazily out of place.

This pretty much. I was really pumped for the third one when I finished 2, and then they just prolonged out like the dickens and suddenly Ezio became an annoying character whose smug face was plastered onto every form of advertising come september, rather than a perfectly competent character that fit into his series well enough. The costume looks fucking ridiculous in the 1776 setting, I guess it's just so they can sell more hoodies or whatever, but the previous games have allowed you to change the clothes somewhat, so hopefully we can look a little more inconspicuous.

I doubt I'll ever play Brotherhood and Revelations in full. They really don't interest me in the least. But as long as we get exciting info from AC3, then I'm going to be well keen on it, if only for my love of the setting and the potential characters we'll meet in it. The Game Informer leaks sound pretty promising, so I'm hoping for the best.

Haven't played any since I finally finished the first about a year after I got it. What a fucking chore. Waste of a good concept if you ask me

My sister in law loves the series, but I've never had any interest based on watching her play through them.

Finished Red Dead Redemption last night, wow, awesome game. Was planning on going on a massacre now I've got the Bureau uniform, but following the ending my heart's just not in it. Brutal Legend is next up.

My sister in law loves the series, but I've never had any interest based on watching her play through them.

Finished Red Dead Redemption last night, wow, awesome game. Was planning on going on a massacre now I've got the Bureau uniform, but following the ending my heart's just not in it. Brutal Legend is next up.

That story just screams movie. I don't know why they haven't done it yet.

u2popmofo said:
I picked up SSX, but haven't played it yet. I really liked that franchise, hope to get some time with it this weekend.

Thrilled for this game. Couldn't tell you how many hours I've spent with SSX Tricky.

I have very cautious expectations with this SSX reboot. It was originally a bizarre ''dark'' take on the series and then was scuttled and remade into something else afte rgamers collectively scowled at it.

NOt sure how it's going to work out. Might be worth a rental first.

Haven't played any since I finally finished the first about a year after I got it. What a fucking chore. Waste of a good concept if you ask me

The second one was a huge improvement. According to my friend who's a big fan, he thought Brotherhood was even better. Even he was a bit bored with Revelations though.

Finished Red Dead Redemption last night, wow, awesome game.

:up: I still haven't finished the DLC for that game, really should do it some time.

Thrilled for this game. Couldn't tell you how many hours I've spent with SSX Tricky.

Same here! Tricky and SSX3 were two of my favorite games on the last generation of consoles.

The second one was a huge improvement. According to my friend who's a big fan, he thought Brotherhood was even better. Even he was a bit bored with Revelations though.

I hadn't touched that franchise since playing the first one (which I never game close to finishing) four years ago. I decided to rent Revelations over the weekend. What a letdown, especially after finishing Arkham City and Uncharted 3. The game looks great but isn't particularly fun or engaging.

The first ME3 reviews are coming in, and reminding me that I didn't finish the ME2 playthrough that I was hoping to use. Better suicide mission that shit tomorrow.

I'm pretty psyched for it. Time for the reapers to be the ones doing the fearing.

Since I'm a broke-ass college student and don't really put a massive emphasis on keeping up with gaming, I'm always like two sequels behind on all the major franchises. Just bought Fallout 3 this afternoon so I could have something to play over spring break.

I'm being a brown-nosing crybaby in this run, but boy does my character get fucked over. These birthday presents suck ass.

Imperorz and JiveTurkeyz:

Back to Karkand isn't the only downloadable expansion you'll be able to grab for Battlefield 3, as EA has today revealed that there's a further three expansion pack add-ons that'll be coming from this June onwards.

The first pack will be Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, which will add new weapons, assignments and dog tags to an infantry-only mode. That will be arriving in June, while the next expansion packs will be Armored Kill and End Game, coming in autumn and winter, respectively.

Here's the complete details for all three upcoming Battlefield 3 expansion packs:

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters – In Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, players are dropped into a frantic, infantry-only theatre of war. Frostbite 2 high definition destruction makes the environment come alive as everything from furniture to plaster gets shot to pieces. Players will feel the intensity of the world exploding around them as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor, while tight level design and vertical gameplay create a highly competitive environment. Battlefield 3: Close Quarters also introduces new weapons, assignments and unique dog tags to bring back to the base game.

Battlefield 3: Armored Kill – Following the tight infantry gameplay of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, DICE will release Battlefield 3: Armored Kill that ups the ante for vehicular mayhem as only Battlefield can do. Featuring new driveable tanks, ATVs, mobile artillery and more, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill also delivers huge battlefields for an all-out vehicle assault, including the biggest map in Battlefield history.

Battlefield 3: End Game – The fourth expansion pack will ship in the winter but details remain tightly guarded.

Do it. I need help trying to get the achievement for killing someone with a forklift.

Awesome. At first I was all meh about the close quarters one, but the description sounds fun.
Can you really kill someone with a forklift?

I want to kill people with forklifts!

I also want to hack wow when the new expansion comes out and unstealth next to some pandas as I ruin their day with my lightsaber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom