Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA 2k12 is out now as well. God dammit, I forgot how busy this time of year is for sports games. Might have to skip it.

Wonder if you can even play it while the lockout is going? *boomtish*

Just beat Arkham Asylum :drool: this game was way better than I thought at first. A few nitpicks here or there, especialy the ludicrous nature of the final fight. But overall, what a thrilling game. The Scarecrow and Killer Croc parts were downright terrifying.

I caved and traded a few old games and got NBA for "free"

Arkham Asylum is a great game, I should buy that again when I see it cheap, I wanna go back and get all the trophies. Those crazy inmates that just run at you and go all crazy used to scare me also :laugh:

Those were pretty bad too, yeah.

I'm playing the challenges right now, but I knew I shouldn't have, these things just irritate the hell out of me. Might go hunt around for trophies.

Pretty awesome. If you like old iD games, but also like either Fallout or Borderlands from a setting standpoint, it's an easy recommendation.

I hear it's supposed to be one of the best looking games out there.

It really does look phenomenal. Like any game, you can find some flaws here and there (if you look really close at things, the textures look washed out), but it's amazing in motion. Definitely one of the best looking console games, that's for sure. Extremely high frame rates too, supposedly it stays around 60 through the entire game. Most games these days are around 25-30.

Was over at a friend's last night, his roommate was playing Gears of War 3 for at least two and a half hours straight. What a fucking obnoxious game.

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLLLLL!

REVIVE ME!

I'd rather kick my own ass.

And finished collecting the Riddler trophies. That was kind of a disappointing ending to that. Off to finish the challenges. Oh, and thanks to Cracked, might as well go check out that hidden room as well.

The coming few weeks are going to be crazy.
Arkham City, then Battlefield 3, then Uncharted 3... I'll probably hold off on Rage for now

bono_man2002 said:
Gonna get Arkham City?

I'll at least rent it. I'm on 3ace to near 100% Asylum in three days, a rental should hold me over til the inevitable price drop.

Oooooooooooooh, baby!

There it is.

You have mocked the u2popmofo/Imperor/NSW way of life! Seriously though, the game is awesome. Sounds like your buddy's roommate sucked at it, as those are audio queues that he's constantly dying. Hearing that often would certainly be annoying, so I can understand your reaction.

Dead Island is now mine, I will report back once I actually find some time to play it...

When you finally get a chance, let me know which character you choose to use. If you play as a male, I think Logan is more enjoyable than Sam B for my own personal play style choices. (Logan is the throwing character, which ends up being extremely powerful if you put your points into the right things. Sam B is the blunt melee weapons guy. He's good, and takes a ton of damage, but I didn't have nearly as much fun using him at first as I did with Logan). Of the other two, the Chinese lady is really good if you want to use edged melee weapons. The other female character (the cop) is more of a "only good if you're playing in multiplayer groups" type character, but I've heard she still has pretty cool abilities.

You can use any weapon with anyone, by the way. You just get bonuses for certain weapons types with certain characters, so it's in your best interest to focus on those types of weapons while using them. The game is a blast, man. Hope you like it, and don't cry too much from fright.

Arkham City is getting wicked reviews. Definitely picking this one up on Tuesday

Game is crazily awesome so far. Make sure to download the Catwoman DLC before playing the game if you buy a new copy, as it changes the way the game starts and plays out.

So, the video store had one copy left, and I was so excited. Planning out when I was going to play it before needing to return it and all that. And....they needed a $20 deposit. Which I didn't have with me.

Don't ya just hate it when that happens! I just also remembered I left my video store card at home. :banghead: No biggie that I can still rent if I show my drivers license. It was more like "the one day I'm gonna use the card, I leave it at home!"

banana.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom