Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not usually one for consoles designed to look like something from a game or what not, but this is ridiculously awesome:

Exclusive: Inside Microsoft's Fanboy Fantasy, the Star Wars Xbox 360

starwarsxbox_11.jpg

starwarsxbox_6.jpg

303653.jpg

I'm on a huge gaming kick this summer since I'm putting off doctoral work as much as possible (I've still been very productive).

So since late May, I've played through a lot of games I missed the first time around or never got into:

Final Fantasy XIII (ps3)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (psp)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (psp)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3ds)
Kirby's Dream Land (virtual console 3ds)
Super Mario Land (virtual console 3ds)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (ps3)
Metroid: Zero Mission (game boy advance)
Infamous (ps3)

As well as the Castlevania: Lord of Shadow DLC and lots of Mortal Kombat 9 and 3ds Super Street Fighter iv. Working on Resistance: Fall of Man now, and then a few wii games from last year I never finished (Goldeneye, Meroid: Other M) before Uncharted and maybe Bioshock. I've got about 19 games on a list after that.

Overkill.

I've been meaning to but I've been so busy with everything... once I get back to Orlando with my Xbox and all in hand I'm going to consider buying it.

Just beat GOW3. Amazing game but, unfortunately, I beat it on Spartan, so this victory feels hollow to me. The game is so damn easy on Spartan that I felt like I smashed my way through a series of gorgeous cutscenes. Will move on to God mode after I work my way through Arkham Asylum.

So has anyone tried the New Vegas DLC?

From what I've read, first supposedly sucks, second is ok, third is good. I've been considering giving this game another shot recently, so I may throw it in some time soon.

I beat it on Spartan, so this victory feels hollow to me.

Yeah, I used to have a roommate who would exclusively play every game he could on god mode. It's weird how "un-fun" games look without any sort of challenge present.

Still haven't played a single minute of NCAA 12. Assume I'll get into it once we get closer to the season starting.

Just beat GOW3. Amazing game but, unfortunately, I beat it on Spartan, so this victory feels hollow to me. The game is so damn easy on Spartan that I felt like I smashed my way through a series of gorgeous cutscenes. Will move on to God mode after I work my way through Arkham Asylum.

I play every game at the highest level and I judge it based upon that.

If you read my complaints on COD: Black Ops, it's because it was 'too hard'.

Well, it wasn't actually too hard, just too stupid. Most of the other COD games pose a challenge on Veteran. Treyarch's idea of a challenge though is an endless spawn of enemies at an endlessly high rate who are willing to commit suicide in order to not let you pass.

So $90 for an art book, mediocre dragon statue, and a cloth map? Yeah, makes the U2 stuff seem not so bad.

I started playing New Vegas briefly again yesterday afternoon for an hour or so. Was having fun, then the game froze. Good to see they fixed all the bugs... :|

I hate pre-ordering! I'm a poor college student, don't they know this?!

Or is it one of those pay $5 to pre-order your copy kinda deals?

Here's where I saw it a while back:

Bethesda Blog

I don't know if it matters where you preorder it. I'm not going to do it, because I'm just going to ask for it for Christmas. That way, I don't have to pay for it and they'll hopefully have some patches available by then for all the bugs it will have.

Skyrim
:drool:

Which reminds me. I finally did get to play Oblivion. For someone whose last real experiences in this universe were with Daggerfall, this is pretty much the greatest game of all time. In general, I love it, and am glad to have it. So very glad :D.

Here's where I saw it a while back:

Bethesda Blog

I don't know if it matters where you preorder it. I'm not going to do it, because I'm just going to ask for it for Christmas. That way, I don't have to pay for it and they'll hopefully have some patches available by then for all the bugs it will have.

Oh and for what it's worth... it's a whole new game engine. That means one or two things. One is that they're getting rid of a lot of the problems from the previous engine (such as when you pick something up everything scatters across the room).

But the other thing that means is a whole new book of bugs, I guess. Lets hope this time round they've done a swell job at making the game engine relatively bug proof.

Glad you liked it (have you finished the first two as well?) - the GOW series is one of my favourites, so I absolutely had to play GOW3 on hard/Titan the first time I played it, and enjoyed it immensely - I still rate the second as the best in the series overall, however. Can't wait for the PSP collection to be released later this year.

I've been reading that Tom Bissel book, the chap who wrote the LA Noire article LMP posted a while back. I'll give my thoughts later (I haven't finished it yet), but I just read a chapter that praised various parts of Far Cry 2. Not sure if anyone played it when it was more recent - must be about three years or so old now, but since it must be cheap as all hell now, I think it'll be my next purchase. That and/or Blur, Darksiders or Alpha Protocol - there's a few older, cheaper titles that I need to gorge on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom