Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question, I'll get back to you on it. I'm picking up my new computer tomorrow, though, so I might go PC it up for a bit. Thinking of getting Shogun TW 2, though I might check out how the mods for it are first. As far as consoles go I still want to play New Vegas, has the game exploded on you yet?

If it does not sink its hooks into me, I'll move on and re-try another time.

As you might recall, it took several tried before Fallout 3 took ahold of me. Once it did, though, it was on.

That all being said, if Vegas remains just that buggy, it'll annoy me.

I think I might play Vanquished soon, and Mofo and I will hopefully soon go at it college football-wise. I will destroy BYU once and for all.

I just started Fallout Vegas but am not hooked yet.

Mofo, myself and a few of my friends played some Gears the other night, and that was fun.

I still can't believe we did level 37 or so through 50 with just 3 people.

The game has yet to explode. In any possible way.

I was actually pretty disapointed by New Vegas, beyond the hiddeous amount of bugs which made it almost unplayable, the story and side quests were kind of meh.

If it does not sink its hooks into me, I'll move on and re-try another time.

As you might recall, it took several tried before Fallout 3 took ahold of me. Once it did, though, it was on.

That all being said, if Vegas remains just that buggy, it'll annoy me.

I think I might play Vanquished soon, and Mofo and I will hopefully soon go at it college football-wise. I will destroy BYU once and for all.

Vegas does seem to have a small number of devout fans who actually liked it more than than Fallout 3. Strangely though, I've yet to hear any huge Fallout 3 fan have much good to say about it. All of us seem to feel the same way, it just never really hooked any of us. Considering how much time I had put into Fallout 3, I assumed Vegas would be a sure bet, despite the various bugs and issues. For whatever reason, it was not. I do still hope to get back into it at some point and at least complete the main quest (or play the DLC in Zion National Park, despite it looking nothing like Zion National Park).

Speaking of BYU, I noticed there's actually an achievement for winning a national championship with them on your first year of whatever mode it is where you can play numerous seasons. Why they picked BYU specifically, I don't know, but I assure you I will acquire that achievement.

Yeah, I posted on SG's wall, saying how bad-ass it was that we made it to 50 with 3 people, especially on that map.

The football game arrived on Saturday, I've yet to play it. Maybe after a few days we'll give it a go as far as playing against one another.

Man I am so pumped for NHL 12 and F1 2011 this fall. :up:

Man I share almost no similar tastes in video games as you guys. :up:

I buy NHL (insert year here) at least every other year, if not annually. I played on-line with Uberbeaver a few times.

And you and I both like The Show, as well. So there's at least 2 games in common........

I'm a yearly NHL buyer. I skipped this year in the Show but will probably get 12 if they can significantly iron out the choppy multiplayer experience.

Yep PS3. Thank god I'm not stuck on X360 considering all they get is that lackluster 2K series when it comes to MLB.

I've got both, and, yeah, one of the main reasons why I added a PS3 was to play a better baseball game. Anyway, when NHL '12 is released, we'll go head up. Your Canadiens can wipe the floor with my Islanders.

Since you all are on about sports games, has anyone else kept their eye on the upcoming Batman: Arkham City? What are your thoughts there?

Since you all are on about sports games, has anyone else kept their eye on the upcoming Batman: Arkham City? What are your thoughts there?

JT posted a link to a preview of the game just on the page prior to this one, albeit without any really follow-up commentary.

As for me, cannot wait. Really enjoyed Arkham Asylum, and have high hopes for this......

JT posted a link to a preview of the game just on the page prior to this one, albeit without any really follow-up commentary.

As for me, cannot wait. Really enjoyed Arkham Asylum, and have high hopes for this......

I haven't yet got to play Arkham Asylum and for that I am ashamed. But the first chance I get to get my hands on it, it will be mine. I've seen the demos for the upcoming game and I believe it is going to kick some major ass. I mean The Riddler is going to be in the game, and one that doesn't suck, that in itself is a bonus as the Joker has to take up 95% of Batman's storylines. Lets hear about a lesser villain for once.

I haven't yet got to play Arkham Asylum and for that I am ashamed. But the first chance I get to get my hands on it, it will be mine. I've seen the demos for the upcoming game and I believe it is going to kick some major ass. I mean The Riddler is going to be in the game, and one that doesn't suck, that in itself is a bonus as the Joker has to take up 95% of Batman's storylines. Lets hear about a lesser villain for once.

Agreed with different villains being of interest.....The Joker was the main focus of Asylum, so, time to move on.

Yeah, get thee to a store and pick up Asylum soon.

And I hope you're right about the new one kicking ass.

Agreed with different villains being of interest.....The Joker was the main focus of Asylum, so, time to move on.

Yeah, get thee to a store and pick up Asylum soon.

And I hope you're right about the new one kicking ass.

Have you seen the concept artwork of the new Riddler? He looks awesome, and as soon as possible, I will have that game. I assure you.

I hope so too, if the first one was good (and from what I saw it was pretty cool) lets hope that AC doesn't fall into the curse of awful sequels of movies and games alike.

There are plenty of other villains of note in Asylum, I actually really liked how Riddler was included in that game. Buy it, it's awesome.

There are plenty of other villains of note in Asylum, I actually really liked how Riddler was included in that game. Buy it, it's awesome.

Yeah, The Joker drives the story forward, but significant portions are spent with Harley Quinn, Mr. Zsasz, Killer Croc, Scarecrow and Poison Ivy. Even Scarface shows up! It's ridiculous.

I'm rooting for an Egghead appearance in Arkham City.

Most definitely. Dr. Strange will be the primary villain City and Two-Face has a significant bit. I think The Riddler and Mr. Freeze have been confirmed as well.

Y u no mention Bane in first game, LeMac? Tons of other characters are hinted at in the game, but not seen. I loved how many characters they ended up including that way.

I think Joker's still going to end up being a major role in the new one. He was the only villain shown in the original trailer after all.

Point that musket of disappointment some place else.

The shout-outs to Calendar Man, Maxie Zeus and Clayface kicked ass.

Here's to hoping that Joker does show up a lot. Mark Hamill's said that it's the last time he wants to voice the role.

Arkham Asylum was a lot of fun yeah, but I don't think you could really call it a great game considering how strongly it leads you by the hand from every single moment to the next. It all fits together nicely... maybe too nicely. Easily one of the least challenging action games I've played recently. Still doesn't detract too much from the solid design and pure fun of it. I think the more open world design of the next game will do wonders for it, though.

It depends on how you chose to play it. If you searched for all the various collectibles, side activities, and what not, it was extremely open. It's all relative, everyone likes different things and such, but it's definitely one of my favorite games this gen. Certainly my favorite licensed superhero game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom