Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should, we can compare differences in powers and story.

I need to remember to download the Fallout: New Vegas Utah DLC.

So there are already 5 pieces of DLC for LA Noire.

g1Bg9.jpg

Supposedly there is some $10 LA Noire Pass thing too, not sure if you get those all for free if you get the pass or what. Don't really even know what the Pass is. Hopefully the PS Store returns soon.

I have a PSN problem. I had my account under an old e-mail address...so when I had to go reset my password, it sent the e-mail to an account that no longer exists....not sure what to do.

I'll be buying LA Noire tomorrow. First first day purchase of mine since RDR, I think. Still need to get onto Portal 2 as well, I feel like the only person on the internet who hasn't touched it yet.

I ordered my PS3 through my apartment's rewards system, so hopefully that will arrive after the PSN issue is sorted out. There's no L.A. Noire online play, is there?

Portal 2 is a blast but doesn't have a tremendous amount of replay value.

I'll be buying LA Noire tomorrow. First first day purchase of mine since RDR, I think. Still need to get onto Portal 2 as well, I feel like the only person on the internet who hasn't touched it yet.

I've never touched Portal 2 either... or Portal 1 for that matter. I'm not even really sure what it's about apart from shooting portal holes in walls

LA Noire arrived this morning. Put in 2 or 3 hours this morning before I had to go to work this afternoon. I'm really liking it so far. The investigating and interrogations aren't overly complicated or difficult, but it's still challenging and fun. Look forward to having some more time with it.

A little tip, sign in to the Rockstar Social Club (or whatever it's called) right off the bat before starting, and you'll opening up a free suit that improves some of your weapons abilities.

Playing a ruthless bitch in DA2 was loads of fun. I'm also somewhat evil in New Vegas. Well, ruthlessly selfish (again) at the very least.

Anyway, glad to hear Infamous is fun. Will probably download for the PSN gratuity thing.

Also, I had an old email address for the PSN password thing too, but they never sent me anything to confirm, and I was able to set a new password and sign in and everything without it. :/ Strange, but whatever, I'll take it.

And Portal 2 is as replayable as any great film is rewatchable or album re-listenable. Comes with being more than a solid puzzle experience and an actual work of art. Great stuff.

Yeah, I just created a new password as well, didn't need to confirm via email.

I've never touched Portal 2 either... or Portal 1 for that matter. I'm not even really sure what it's about apart from shooting portal holes in walls

Once you strip the whole thing down, shooting portals in walls is pretty much the whole damn game. But it's the simplicity that makes it so good, the fact that nothing is added or subtracted to make the game feel bloated or incomplete. I think your enjoyment may vary depending on how many GLaDOSisms you've already heard online. Still a must play game though, not least because of how compact and influential it is.

Bought LA Noire, will play it tomorrow. Very pleased to see that I can listen to The Jack Benny Program in-game.

I'm still extremely early into it, but I'm really liking L.A. Noire so far. It makes Heavy Rain look even more like a giant turd than I previously thought it did.

Probably my most hated game that I've played in its entirety.

I probably agree with you on that. Strangely, I was enjoying the story, despite the "game" not being fun at all up until about 75 to 80% of the way in. Then the massive plot-holes made any of the redeeming qualities it had completely disappear.

Yay 4 Gears 3:

Gears of War 3 Tops 1 Million Pre-Orders To Become 360's All-Time Fastest Pre-Ordered Game - Xbox 360 News At Xbox360Achievements.org

* 1.29 million people participated in the beta
* 145 different countries participated in the beta
* 249 years worth of matches played
* More than 11 million matches completed
* More than 927 million kills recorded
* More than 131 million executions performed
* More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw
* Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired
* 460 million ribbons and 294 million medals earned
* 435 thousand people earned the beta exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game
* 234 thousand people earned the beta exclusive Gold Retro Lancer to use in the retail game

The last two stats make me feel less special now. :wink:

Hey, I just read that LA Noire has a B&W filter mode, which changes all the graphical options to evoke old Hollywood cinema and blahblahblah. Have you experimented with that at all? Actually has me somewhat intrigued.

JT, did you ever play Battlefield 1942 (or the recent remake, 1943)? They're remaking one of the classic maps from it for the free pre-order map pack that's coming with Battlefield 3. Pretty freaking awesome.

24025510150179271957672.jpg

I had a fun Minecraft expedition today after finally venturing into the Nether for the first time. It basically consisted of building the portal, walking out and mining in a straight line for 10 minutes, building an exit portal, and then using the 8x distance multiplier in the Nether to find my way back from the middle of nowhere.

Eihort both saved my bacon and ruined the surprise. The first time after exiting into the middle of an underground waterfall cavern I ended up emerging in the wrong direction and walking away from civilization, and it wasn't until I booted up Eihort that I found it out and had to turn around. After that save I can't really complain about the second time, which was quitting in frustration after ~15 minutes of walking and sailing to the east.

....Whereupon after starting up Eihort again and following the torch trail I found that I had stopped literally only about a couple hundred feet away from one of my skyrail towers. :doh: Use a compass next time!

Sailing/island hopping in Minecraft is a lot of fun. Probably one of my number one un-scratched itches is wanting a followup to Wind Waker mixed with a Chrono Cross sort of aesthetic/island structure that's more interesting then the 7x7 grid of tiny islands from the original WW. I tend to spend more time wandering around Zelda games imagining what lived in the random detritus, and the Minecraft generation algorithim is generous enough with giant high cliffs and reclusive coves that I can build my own ruins.

Apparently Oblivion is a good game for that sort of thing? I want to give it a try before Skyrim.

:up:

You might be farther than me, haha! I went back and replayed the first "real" detective mission, and have spent another hour or more just cruising around looking for landmarks and what not. What's cool about the landmarks so far, is that it seems like you can go inside of all of them and look around, which is awesome.

I definitely think I or the ladyfriend (whoever decided to be the player or the viewer) will be playing LA Noire in B&W. Looks surprisingly evocative.

JT, did you ever play Battlefield 1942 (or the recent remake, 1943)? They're remaking one of the classic maps from it for the free pre-order map pack that's coming with Battlefield 3. Pretty freaking awesome.

24025510150179271957672.jpg

Nope, but I looks like I really missed out from what I've seen. I've never preordered a game before, but I might have to for this one

I'm still kinda up in the air about LA Noire. How is the actual gameplay in it? I get the feeling that it's a lot of watching cut scenes and making decisions by pressing a button. I had only played the demo of Heavy Rain, but I thought it was lame. Seemed like just walking from decision making process to decision making process. Is LA Noire similar to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom