Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Close friends of mine had a baby girl today, so, me being the asshole I am, I decided to spend a few hours at the hospital instead of playing the Beta tonight.

Sorry.

Dodger game tomorrow, so, no Beta for me until Wednesday night. I'm hoping the Deputy will be on patrol that evening, with his sidekick Scumbo. Some of my buddies might be on, too.

And, yes, for a Beta version of a game, it's pretty stellar.

I crashed super early last night, so I didn't play either. May or may not go to Mogwai tonight, and I work late on Wednesdays, so I may not be on until Thursday evening. All that could change though, and I could randomly be on both tonight and tomorrow night, so who knows.

Show-going and Dirk-ogling will have me out of commish for a bit, but when I'm actually home and have free time, I'll usually be DTChainsaw.

I'm quite close to unlocking Cole Train (4 matches I think), then just 10 more matches to unlock him in the retail version of the game. Yayz.

The Gold Retro Lancer seemed highly unlikely to achieve unlocking at first, but it's starting to seem more and more possible. Probably still won't get it, but we'll see.

Wasn't it supposed to be released 12/11? That's just a one month delay, then.

Not really sure, it was just supposed to be before the end of the year. Yeah, a month isn't a biggie if it was supposed to be December. The last one came out in January as well I guess.

Given current events, I think sales of SOCOM 4 are going to go wayyyyy up, even if the PSN is down.

:sexywink:

While I'm talking about it, if anyones played it what are your thoughts of the game? :hyper:

While I'm talking about it, if anyones played it what are your thoughts of the game? :hyper:

Coop is an absolute blast. If you liked the old coop gametypes from games like Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six, you'll probably love coop in this. What I've played of the campaign was a lot of fun too. Despite the story's weakness, the gameplay itself seemed very enjoyable. Hadn't put a lot of time into multiplayer before PSN went down, but I had fun with the little I played. Zipper supported the heck out of MAG, and I assume they'll do the same with SOCOM.

Anyone's PSN up yet?

No. There are rumors galore at this point, even that various gov. organizations are forcing Sony to show them what security measures they've put in place before they can restore the network. Realistically though, no one knows what the crap is going on at this point, and when it will be back.

Everyone's getting a free month of PSN Plus when it does return though. Hopefully they add some nice goodies in there for everyone.

Coop is an absolute blast. If you liked the old coop gametypes from games like Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six, you'll probably love coop in this. What I've played of the campaign was a lot of fun too. Despite the story's weakness, the gameplay itself seemed very enjoyable. Hadn't put a lot of time into multiplayer before PSN went down, but I had fun with the little I played. Zipper supported the heck out of MAG, and I assume they'll do the same with SOCOM.

Thanks, I think I'll be picking it up :)

No. There are rumors galore at this point, even that various gov. organizations are forcing Sony to show them what security measures they've put in place before they can restore the network. Realistically though, no one knows what the crap is going on at this point, and when it will be back.

Everyone's getting a free month of PSN Plus when it does return though. Hopefully they add some nice goodies in there for everyone.

Bah.

Well that's not too shabby. I'm actually not really missing it too much. Its more the principal of it being down now. Look sony, you tracked down Osama, we can have the network back now!

Today our global network and security teams at Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment began the final stages of internal testing of the new system, an important step towards restoring PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.

As previously mentioned, we’ve been working around the clock to rebuild the network and enhance protections of your personal data. It’s our top priority to ensure your data is safe when you begin using the services again.

We understand that many of you are eager to again enjoy the PlayStation Network and Qriocity entertainment services that you love, so we wanted you to be aware of this milestone and our progress. We will provide additional updates as soon as we can.

So still no solid info on when it will work, but at least it's something.

Gears 3 Beta tonight, guys. I want to kill everything.

Today's Gears Beta "surprise" didn't really pan out into what we were expecting:

Yesterday, Cliffy B tweeted that there will a new surprise today in the Gears of War 3 beta. Don’t worry, it’s not bunny heads again. But, your head does now take up half the screen while aiming. That’s right! If you have already booted up your Gears 3 beta this morning you will notice a new game type called “Player’s Choice”. That isn’t the only new thing. For today only, your head will be four times too big. In case things weren’t silly enough for you, everyone also have a high pitched voice. Today’s fun seems to affect everyone except for maybe one or two of the Locust characters. Jump on and enjoy it before it’s gone forever.

YouTube - Gears of War 3 beta - Big Head Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom