Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal Gear is fantastic of course, though certainly divisive in some of its design choices. And completely unplayable if you aren't entirely up to date with the series.
I never took the leap with the original Metal Gear Solid on PS1, just was something I skipped over, and going back and playing the PS3 emulated version now is like cracking open and savouring a really good bottle of aged booze.

Really something, isn't it?

Since PSN is STILL down, I decided to put SOCOM 4 on the shelf and throw in Mass Effect 2. I'd never finished it, as I went directly into 2 after doing two and a half plays through the first game. Burned out, and figured I'd get back into it later. Finished the game and all the DLC up last night (everyone in my squad survived), and I seriously want to do nothing but start the game over again and play as a different class (which is exactly what I did with the first game).

Vanguard sorta sucked in ME2, which is weird since the Vanguard's charge ability is one of the things they showed a ton before the game came out. The game is really built to be a cover shooter, and running around with a shotgun really sucked for that. I also wish I would have prioritized getting all the squad mates and their loyalty missions before anything else, as it was a bummer to get a few of them right at the end and feel like you'd only used them a few times.

Anyways, it's a pretty rare thing to like a massive RPG so much that you immediately want to play it again when you finish. Maybe I'll buy the PS3 version just to get trophies for another play through. :reject:

This is my favorite map in the Gears 3 beta:
YouTube - Gears of War 3 Beta Gameplay

Yeah I'm starting to get impatient with PSN as well and I don't have an x-box to go to. The problem must be hard to solve if it takes so long.

Update on PlayStation Network and Qriocity – PlayStation Blog

Oh sweet, "within a week". Thanks for the fast response, Sony. :|

1261596481_3Fw2MnJ-L.jpg

Hallelujah for having a 360.

I didn't even realize the servers were down. I haven't played anything for a while. Sucks balls though. I was getting the itch to snipe some fools on BC2

I dont think I've ever given it to them. It's always just been the PSN cards.... at least I hope so

This is a nice lesson in online credit card use.

I have a cute little 250$ limit card I use for online stuff, so if it gets stolen worst-case I am not out 1000s of dollas. Never understood how people could go months without noticing credit card fraud or unknown charges on their CCs, to be honest.

they have one of my cards... i'll keep an eye out of course, as i always do, but i'm not overly worried.

i mean honestly... what are the odds that of the millions of credit cards that these hackers allegedly have gotten that mine is one of the ones they'd actually use. not to mention they wouldn't be able to use it online because the verification codes weren't compromised.

i won't store my CC info with them anymore once they get this thing up and running... but i'm not exactly worried about anyone charging a trip to the bahamas on my shit any time soon.

they have one of my cards... i'll keep an eye out of course, as i always do, but i'm not overly worried.

i mean honestly... what are the odds that of the millions of credit cards that these hackers allegedly have gotten that mine is one of the ones they'd actually use. not to mention they wouldn't be able to use it online because the verification codes weren't compromised.

i won't store my CC info with them anymore once they get this thing up and running... but i'm not exactly worried about anyone charging a trip to the bahamas on my shit any time soon.
That's the thing. It looks bad, but to be honest the only thing people need to really look out for is if they use the same password like '123cats' for every goddamn site on the internet as well as their PSN account. That and if any emails make it through your spam filter that come from the Zimbabwe branch of Sony Computer Entertainment.

I'm not either. Particularly since Sony would be required to reveal if they are certain CC info was leaked. At this point, they haven't. Doesn't mean they won't eventually, but whatevs.

The biggest thing you have to fear is if you're dumb enough to register for PSN with your main email account and use the same password for both.

Outland Video Game, Spider Boss Gameplay HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Outland looks really terrific. Ikaruga+Super Metroid+Prince of Persia=Best? The reviews are coming in strong.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preview - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

So does Deus Ex. Reallllly looking forward to this. And apparently the campaign is around 25 hours long.

And finally
Binary Domain Video Game, The Machine Age Gameplay Trailer HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

From the makers of the (fucking badass) Yakuza games. Easy sell for me if previews and such are strong.

NSW and I murdered many fools on the Gears 3 beta this weekend.

It's really the best beta I've ever played for a game. I guess that's what happens when a developer gives themselves an extra year to work on finishing touches, as the beta itself is more fun than a huge number of other retail multiplayer games (Gears 1 & 2 competitive multiplayer included).

Oh yeah, parts of PSN are supposed to start coming back up tomorrow or the next day for some members.

You better keep that Lancer revving, Uncle T-Bag, cause I just got me some beta.

as the beta itself is more fun than a huge number of other retail multiplayer games (Gears 1 & 2 competitive multiplayer included).

This is encouraging. Believe it or not, I actually had quite a bit of fun with Gears 1 multiplayer the first couple months it was new and quickly got frustrated by the maddening balance issues and semi-unpolished gameplay. I'd like to see what several years of refinement has done for things.

This is encouraging. Believe it or not, I actually had quite a bit of fun with Gears 1 multiplayer the first couple months it was new and quickly got frustrated by the maddening balance issues and semi-unpolished gameplay. I'd like to see what several years of refinement has done for things.

I did too, actually. Our experiences sound pretty similar, as I didn't stick with it very long either. I actually think I probably have already put in more time into this beta than I did either Gears 1 or 2's multiplayer (horde not included).

By the way, the very last week of the Gears 3 Beta will apparently give a number of people free codes to the beta to share with friends. I assume some of us here will receive some codes, so if anyone still hasn't preordered the game, but is interested in trying the beta, mention it here and someone should be able to get you a code.

Here are the ways free codes will be given:

Starting today, Gears of War 3 beta testers in the U.S. have an opportunity to earn a "buddy token" to share with a friend, granting them access to the beta as well.

Players will be given one token for each of the following tasks that are completed by Wednesday, May 4:

- Purchase any "Gears of War" content from Xbox Live Marketplace (including a "Gears of War" Game Add-on, a "Gears of War" Games on Demand title, or a "Gears of War" Avatar item)

- Play 20 or more hours of the "Gears of War 3" beta (any time already spent in the beta will count toward this challenge)

- Add a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription to your existing account (purchased from retail or online)

- Play more than 100 hours of any "Gears of War" title, lifetime to date

Buddy tokens will be e-mailed out starting May 8 when the "Never Fight Alone" phase of the beta is rolled out.

Get Your Friends into the Gears of War 3 Beta - Xbox 360 News at IGN

Loving the beta despite my being absolutely horrible at non-Horde games. Let's chainsaw some bitches.

If buying the All Fronts Collection many months ago makes me eligible for an extra code, consider it yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom