Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, I watched some comparison videos on a super nerdy website called The Lens of Truth. The only real difference was about 5 fps less on the PS3 and slightly blurrier textures. Otherwise they said they were virtually identical

Supposedly some things, like shadows, actually look better on the PS3 version as well.

Even though Nintendo is saying it supposedly is selling well, I don't know a single person who bought a 3DS, or even someone who has mentioned them. Apparently you can go to any retail store and buy them right now, they had more than enough supply for the launch demand. I sorta wonder if portable gaming devices like this are going to be able to compete with how popular smart phones and tablets have become.

There was a really positive review of the 3DS on the Macworld app a couple days ago. It sounds like cool technology. I've never seen one in person though, so I don't know how good it looks

3DS has a super-weak launch lineup. Seriously, Nintendo launches a handheld as the next iteration of their tech (Gameboy -> DS -> 3DS) and THAT is the title lineup?

Meh, not worth a cent until it gets some Nintendo franchise goodness on there from the ol' plumber.

Speaking of The Show, it's really quite good.
I have last's years MLB The Show 10 and it was one of the finest sports games I've played in a long time.

The PS3 exclusivity makes me wish there were more sports series that didn't have to code for two consoles. It really is a remarkable achievement for a sports game.

3DS is definitely selling well over here, it's apparently sold out in GAME and most EBs (Gamestop). I saw one in person last night and wasn't too impressed at all. Then again, I never had the slightest interest in the product even when it was announced. Good for Nintendo, I guess.

The last baseball game I had until this year was MVP Baseball 2005. I loved that game. But then I had a 360 and tried 2K11. It was terrible. So I got a PS3 for The Show. Wonderful. I missed good sports games.

The last baseball game I had until this year was MVP Baseball 2005. I loved that game. But then I had a 360 and tried 2K11. It was terrible. So I got a PS3 for The Show. Wonderful. I missed good sports games.

Best. Game. Ever.

All other baseball games suck ass. I had the same experience with MLB 2K Series.

And I've only heard good things about The Show, although I'm not a PS3 person.

For those of us who are a little older, bask in the glory of this:

commodore-64-reborn-20110406054718032-000.jpg

commodore-64-reborn-20110406054715751-000.jpg

Commodore 64 Reborn - Gear News at IGN

I'm not going to lie, I find that very tempting.

Awesome. The Commodore 64 was the second computer I ever had. The first was a Vic-20. That motherfuck had a tape deck as its primary drive

This will bring back some memories. I'm surprised how many I remember. At 2:30 there is a game called Impossible Mission. I loved that game, but it would always crash before it loaded. It was a treat when it one actually run every once in a while. I even remember playing one night while my parents were getting ready to go out somewhere... weird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY2gK1MPgh8&feature=related

Space Taxi, Montezuma's Revenge, Green Beret, Kung Fu, World Games, Paradroid! (totally forgot about that one), Apocalypse, Spy vs Spy, Spyhunter, Aztec Challenge. Man... Good times

Mmmm... Spyhunter. My C64 is currently under my bed and probably works better than my 360.

A fan remake of Streets of Rage was recently completed, featuring all the characters, 100+ levels and more. Sega approved of it being made but after a day or two, the download was taken down and is being reassessed. Should hopefully be available again in a few days. Check here for updates if you're interested, hopefully it'll be up again soon.
and if you really wanna beat up Garcias and Ices right now, just ask

I understand the individual words, but my brain can't comprehend the sequence:

The new Commodore 64 is set to release later this year and will come in five different configurations, ranging from $250 to $895, with the cheapest configuration serving only basic functionality and the most expensive sporting an Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz Dual-Core processor, NVIDIA ION2 GPU, 4GBs of memory, Wi-Fi support, Blu-ray drive, and 1TB hard drive. It will also support full 1080p output via HDMI and feature a variety of other connection options.

:shifty:

Why would you.......1080p.....what? Are they just selling C64-branded desktops with a retro keyboard?

Ah ok wow durr the last few YTs posted had me thinking it was like they were selling the NES again.....but with 1080p output! Got it.

Anyone play Minecraft?

Ah ok wow durr the last few YTs posted had me thinking it was like they were selling the NES again.....but with 1080p output! Got it.

Anyone play Minecraft?
Way too much. That thing is digital crack.

BW8PT.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom