Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Yoshi man through and through, play as him in every Mario game, but in battle I usually went for Donkey Kong.

Gawd what was it about Yoshi?

once I went to college I decided to start playing other characters in MK64 to avoid the headaches when 3 other people always thought they deserved it because they totally played with Yoshi all the time.

We used to stay up to 5am playing Mario Kart, mostly the battles though.

that was fun as hell. probably was less fun for my friends and siblings. pretty sure i remained undefeated. if not in the battles (we're talking the things with the 3 balloons around your vehicle, right?), i was definitely undefeated in actual races until my brother's friend killed the super nintendo with the football.

i was yoshi til i realized toad was more awesome.

Awww yeaaaa

qgPSf.jpg

Gawd what was it about Yoshi?

once I went to college I decided to start playing other characters in MK64 to avoid the headaches when 3 other people always thought they deserved it because they totally played with Yoshi all the time.

Everyday, Toad.

Nice, yeah I played Yoshi for pretty much everything except MK battle.

that was fun as hell. probably was less fun for my friends and siblings. pretty sure i remained undefeated. if not in the battles (we're talking the things with the 3 balloons around your vehicle, right?), i was definitely undefeated in actual races until my brother's friend killed the super nintendo with the football.

i was yoshi til i realized toad was more awesome.

Mario Kart? That's my shit right there. Only video game system I had growing up was an N64.

I was always Peach in Mario Kart.

What a shame online play is so far beyond the capabilities of the brilliant N64 gaming system!

We also have had a PS1, 2 and 3 but I've only ever used the N64. Goldeneye, Waialaie Country Club True Golf Classics, Smash Bros, Mario Party, and others were all great, but yeah, Mario Kart is where it was (and still is) at.

I tried the Crysis demo on PS3. Doesn't look that great. The Tempoary Anti Analysing is rubbish. Makes the game look blurry when you are moving.

I'm a graphics whore, but for some reason, Crysis 2 doesn't get much excitement from me. Guess I'll wait to read some reviews to decide. You picking it up?

According to a few different sites, you may want to pass on PS3. IGN said the 360 version has "the best graphics of any console game to date", and then go on to say that the PS3 version runs at a lower resolution and has far more frame rate and other graphical issues.

SOCOM beta will be out soon though, if you're interested in that.

I tried the Crysis demo on PS3. Doesn't look that great. The Tempoary Anti Analysing is rubbish. Makes the game look blurry when you are moving.

8 times out of 10, demos are very poor ways to make a judgment on the final game. What we usually get is more of a beta than a demo, which I think most gamers don't realize. But yeah, the PS3 version supposedly has some issues, particularly in the demo.

Yeah the Crysis 2 PS3 demo was taken down to server issues. I'm still very unsure about the MP side of things. Apparently Free Radical is working on it and their first attempt at a PS3 game was a disaster (Haze).

Outside of the Server problems i wouldn't expect the demo to be a big difference from the full game since the demo was only released 7 days ahead.

Both levels (taken from the SP apparently) looked awful. The lighting/colour scheme on Pier 17 is nauseating and unnatural. And the bloom of the skyline map is ridiculous.
Generally the colours here do not look natural.

Yup, as I said, the PS3 version supposedly sucks. All the reviews said the demos were from far earlier builds. :shrug: Regardless, Crysis isn't a game you should ever get for multiplayer.

Anyways, I concur that the 360 version is probably the best graphics I've ever seen on a console game. I'm crazily impressed.

Yes, that's ironically amusing. That said, they've received more than enough 90+ scores.

PC gamers and journalists hate anything that they considered "dumbed down for consoles", even if the "dumbing down", makes it all considerably more enjoyable. The first Crysis was relatively notorious among gamers for not being much fun, despite what the PC graphic whore fanboys would have had you think.

I don't think the difference in graphics is as big as some websites have made it sound. You'd probably still have a great time with the PS3 version.

i haven't gotten bored playing black ops online yet
That's always what keeps me from buying a lot of new games. I can always go back to COD and I always do that too. I'm really enjoying Killzone however. But I'm sure that I'll go back to Black Ops in a few weeks.

I think the only reason why I cant take Black Ops seriously is because I loved MW2 so much.

I've only heard amazing things about Battlefield though. Still yet to try it. Probably will get it when the semester ends.

I don't think the difference in graphics is as big as some websites have made it sound. You'd probably still have a great time with the PS3 version.

Ya, I watched some comparison videos on a super nerdy website called The Lens of Truth. The only real difference was about 5 fps less on the PS3 and slightly blurrier textures. Otherwise they said they were virtually identical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom