Old 06-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #511
The Male

Local Time: 08:24 PM
Hahahahaha Lego GTA

Now.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #512
Blue Crack Distributor

Wait...wait...wait...THIS is the new console? I thought this was just a last thing for the Wii.

How the fuck is this anything new? It's not a new system is it? It's just a controller you purchase...or did I miss something?

Old 06-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #513
The Male

But it has better online! Which, I suppose, is like multiplying by zero.

Now.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #514
Blue Crack Distributor

OK, here we go:

Quote:
11:00AM PDT
Reggie, Zelda, NGP and More
Streaming Live on GameTrailers.com
The big man Reggie Fils-Aime meets up with Geoff – and this time it’s live! You don’t want to miss this interview. Plus, the first ever demo of THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD. Sony stops by with the NGP and some of the just-announced games for the system. Plus, more surprise demos we can’t talk about yet and game designer Michel Ancel brings by an exclusive new look at RAYMAN: ORIGINS.
I'll go ahead and check that out as well.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #515
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:24 PM
It's a new system, they just didn't show a single thing being developed for it (that wasn't being developed for 360 and PS3), so all the talk about how it's hardware "blows away both 360 and PS3" is still entirely unproven. What a terrible way to show new hardware, Kinect and Move's tech demos looked far more impressive than this. If it was still too early to show anything, why not just talk about it for 5 minutes and move on?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #516
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
It's a new system, they just didn't show a single thing being developed for it (that wasn't being developed for 360 and PS3), so all the talk about how it's hardware "blows away both 360 and PS3" is still entirely unproven. What a terrible way to show new hardware, Kinect and Move's tech demos looked far more impressive than this. If it was still too early to show anything, why not just talk about it for 5 minutes and move on?
Yeah, the E3 guys are giving them shit about that right now, the fact that the whole event (can't think of the word I'm wanting to use) was a little mix-matched and not quite ready.

I'm glad that the ability to play call on a system that's not on the screen is back again, that's great.

I hope that in the year from now until it comes out they make some huge changes. It feels too much like the Wii with just a little bit different, and this is supposed to be the Next Next gen. Right now it just looks like it's finally catching up to XBox and PS3.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #517
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:24 PM
It'll be interesting to see if people find the controller comfortable or not on the show floor. It looks crazily uncomfortable from a normal "controller" stand point based on the videos.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #518
The Male

The one video demo they bothered to show (not gameplay, of course) appeared to be on par with current-gen systems. As always, Nintendo is a step behind in that regard; my expectations were understandably low there.

Between that, the unoriginal name and the peripherals we've seen, it doesn't look as if this new console will be a great enough departure from its predecessor to even stake a claim on originality, but if developers are impressed enough by the hardware to start offering original titles and third-party support, there may be hope. But, of course, that's impossible to gauge based on what we've seen.

Now.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #519
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
It'll be interesting to see if people find the controller comfortable or not on the show floor. It looks crazily uncomfortable from a normal "controller" stand point based on the videos.
Yeah, the whole reason I'm not interested in the slightest in a tablet is because it looks awkwardly big, and this thing looks to be about the same size as one of those.

I'll be honest, I'm super disappointed that we're still going to be using Wiimotes. I was hoping they'd phase those out for something a little less awkward. At least a wireless hookup between the Nunchuck and the Wiimote. Unless that already exists and I missed out.

Now you're still going to have to get Wiimotes, I assume the classic controller will still be an option AND the new controller $$$$$
Old 06-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #520
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
The one video demo they bothered to show (not gameplay, of course) appeared to be on par with current-gen systems. As always, Nintendo is a step behind in that regard; my expectations were understandably low there.

Between that, the unoriginal name and the peripherals we've seen, it doesn't look as if this new console will be a great enough departure from its predecessor to even stake a claim on originality, but if developers are impressed enough by the hardware to start offering original titles and third-party support, there may be hope. But, of course, that's impossible to gauge based on what we've seen.
It seems that Third-Party developers are actually willingly seeking out making games for the new system, so they must know something we don't. THAT, I admit, I am optimistic about. I mean, the Madden game didn't look like something made for a 5 year old. This could be a VERY nice departure.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #521
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:24 PM
It's obvious that they just wanted to show off the controller hardware and not the actual console specs yet.

I'm thinking they are waiting for developers (and their own teams) to make a little more progress on the titles before they show what the software will look like. The tech demo with the bird flying around japan was to show zomgtehgrafiX whores out there that games will look nice on the system.

Also, I'm guessing they aren't completely decided on everything about the console yet. Or maybe they want to alter the design or internal hardware a little bit before they really showcase everything. Yeah, it made it seem like they were coming out too early, but Nintendo probably felt that they needed to show something NOW to create buzz for WiiU instead of waiting until the next big conference when it would already be closer to a release, and thus have less time to gain steam.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #522
Blue Crack Distributor

The thing was, with the bird? All I could think was, "Playstation did it."

YouTube - ‪Flower PS3 Gameplay‬‏

I recognize that the quality was higher, obviously, but the fact was again, I felt like they were only a LITTLE bit ahead of something that already exists.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #523
Blue Crack Distributor

Still watching the stream and this Reggie guy's talking again. They asked him about the console and he's evading evading evading.

I'm starting to think that wasn't a new console at all, it was just the Wii, and that Nintendo's not actually done with any of this and all we saw was a pretty video they put together :conspiracytheory:

They got it out of him that it won't be Blu-Ray, which isn't a shock, but I'm nervous that once again this means the Nintendo won't play movies.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #524
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, also, apologies for being dense, somehow I'm so behind on Zelda news, I didn't realize Skyward Sword was debuted at last year's E3. Even if it's not out yet, obviously they wouldn't be using a game we already knew about when they're too busy pimping a new system.

But I still don't know why they didn't show any Ocarina footage.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #525
The Male

Reggie is getting his ass handed to him right now.

"So...will this have better 3rd party support?"

"It will have all of your favorites! Mario, Zelda, Mario...all of them!"

"Was that the console right there?"

"Consoles are just a box. Not important."

"Will it look as good as blu-ray? Will it play blu-ray?"

"We don't compare ourselves to others."

Fuuuuuuck.

Now.
Closed Thread