Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't really know much about the series

Prepare to find out it's one of the coolest franchises available this generation.
banana.gif

Just picked up Mass Effect 2. It was dirt cheap, don't really know much about the series.

Something to tide me over till NHL 12.

I almost feel that I've 'saved' Mass Effect. Still haven't played it for some odd reason, but from what I understand it's up there with the greatest games.

You'll love it.

Play as Female Shepard (ToriShep?). :)

:laugh: Unfortunately I went the male guy. Do you have a PSN bonnie? I don't know if I have you added already or not....

Prepare to find out it's one of the coolest franchises available this generation.
banana.gif

So far so good, liking the story so far, even though I've only just caught up to Miranda and going to see illusive men. Was a bit annoyed that the game took about 30 minutes to install when I was going to give it crack last night.

:laugh: Unfortunately I went the male guy. Do you have a PSN bonnie? I don't know if I have you added already or not....

So far so good, liking the story so far, even though I've only just caught up to Miranda and going to see illusive men. Was a bit annoyed that the game took about 30 minutes to install when I was going to give it crack last night.

Ohhh, you're playing the PS3 version? Hopefully you watched the interactive comic thing at the first.

I still need to get my hands on Mass Effect 2 too

Kinda waiting until the weather gets a little colder before I buy any games though

Now that we're starting to get some console footage, I think there are going to be a fairly big group of graphics whores who wind up incredibly disappointed. It still looks great for consoles, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as all the PC footage everyone has been drooling over.

Regardless, I look forward to it.

That's cool, I actually started playing my first game as male shepard and didn't really feel any connection to it, so when I started the game again months later I was a Renegade female Shep, and had way more fun... but yeah, different strokes!

My PSN is rippyrel - but my PS3 controller's broken and has been for a month or so now, I really need to buy a new one. :lol: I haven't really been gaming much lately anyway due to studies, but I'm excited for a lot of stuff coming out soon. What multiplayer stuff are you into? JBs has games released last year pretty cheap so I was thinking of stocking up.

it tells you the back story of the first game, and also imports your decisions made from the first game into part 2. If you're not far, I'd honestly start over.

Hmmm, I'm a little ways in....maybe on my second play through, even if it will be a little pointless then.

That's cool, I actually started playing my first game as male shepard and didn't really feel any connection to it, so when I started the game again months later I was a Renegade female Shep, and had way more fun... but yeah, different strokes!

My PSN is rippyrel - but my PS3 controller's broken and has been for a month or so now, I really need to buy a new one. :lol: I haven't really been gaming much lately anyway due to studies, but I'm excited for a lot of stuff coming out soon. What multiplayer stuff are you into? JBs has games released last year pretty cheap so I was thinking of stocking up.

Ah. Well I don't play a great deal of multiplayer, usually stick to the sporting games NHL, NBA2k series. I usually buy whatever COD is out each year though. As well as that I've got Killzone 3.

Get that shit fixed, we need to party.

Hmmm, I'm a little ways in....maybe on my second play through, even if it will be a little pointless then.

Dang, that's too bad, it really adds to the unique and "awesome" factor of the game. With the 360 / PC, it would actually import decisions you'd made in those games, and make for vastly different games between what your friends had (different characters dying or living, how the ending plays out, etc, etc.). You don't get to play through the game, but at least you get to decide what you would have done at least on the "major" decisions in that interactive comic thing. Pretty cool feature.

After all the phenomenal reviews today, let me once again ask if anyone is planning on picking up Deus Ex? :wink:

Hey that's pretty cool (RE: the importing decisions thing). Where is this interactive comic anyway? I was unable to find it, even though I've only had a half assed look since I started playing.

That aside I'm really enjoying the game, Just completed the "recruit the professor" mission.

Not sure, I played the game on 360 (and thus played the first game, and didn't need it). :wink:

Awesome, he's one of my favorite characters.

Mordin's fantastic. My favourite ME2 squad member was Thane, though.

After all the phenomenal reviews today, let me once again ask if anyone is planning on picking up Deus Ex? :wink:

I have to say, I'm really tempted to after reading a few reviews. Looks like it could be a generation defining game.

Still, seems to be rough around a few edges (no spoilers, actually hilarious):

Well, sheeyit! - YouTube

If anyone out there plays Black Ops on PS3, and doesn't have / wants the first map pack (First Strike), let me know. I may have a code.

It depends on what you're looking at. I think the basic graphics and art style are easily some of the best I've seen this year, I'd put it on par with Crysis 2 for best graphics this year in most points. The lip synching is terrible, and some of the speaking scenes do look wonky though. The rest of it is incredibly graphically to me.

I could be wrong, but the characters looked like they have extremely low polygon counts

I could be wrong, but the characters looked like they have extremely low polygon counts

In the "talking" parts, you're right. It's super distracting, that's for sure. I can't watch their faces, as the lip syncing looks like it's from 6 years ago. Aside from that though, the game seriously looks phenomenal. The big city hubs you have to play in look so cool. i walked around Detroit for hours once it was unlocked, just looking at everything. Pretty sweet.

Placed a job ap at GameStop for the third time in one year.

Just hire me already! It's good credentials for the field of work I'd like to be in! At the very least it could help my chances at landing an internship with EA!

Preordered Saints Row the Third yesterday. Been playing the second one again... my favourite sandbox game this gen, no contest. Rough around the edges, but oh so much fun.

Also Cobbler, it has LCD Soundsystem (NA Scum) and Hot Chip in the soundtrack, and there is a motorbike named the "Melbourne", just in case you want to revise your opinion on non-N64 videogames. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom