Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bioshock: Infinite looks like the best thing fucking ever. The original was an extremely flawed but often brilliant creation.

Also bastard, I played the shit out of the Blur demo but never bought it. Wish I, and many more people had, since it seems like a fun time, and its poor sales lead to the sad closure of Bizarre Creations studios. Lots of great talent gone to waste.

I've been replaying Bioshock, holds up well. Probably the best intro to any FPS.

Should really buy Blur too, the demo was heaps of fun. I wasn't aware that the devs had closed shop, I know the Split/Second guys had though. Real shame, terrible for them to be released around the same time.

MUCH more diverse! They did away with the super annoying types of side missions as well (follow some exploding douche for 5 minutes type crap), so the focus even in those is always on some sort of enjoyable action. There are actual random things that pop up around the city to do (stopping muggings if you're a hero, or killing protesters if you're evil, etc.). Numerous different types of enemies, far more enjoyable combat, cooler powers, more diverse types of environments in the city, playing as good or evil actually results in different missions and even game endings, considerably better graphics, etc. You name it, it's improved in Infamous 2.

Yep, this. :up: Finished it a few days ago on Good karma and loved it. Definitely prefer it over the original, which was already good - one of my fav games of the year so far for sure.

Yeah that's good to hear. I'd probably pick up the sequel some time once it goes down in price.

Gears 3 achievement list (seems legit):

Story related achievements: 175 G total (10 G for each, except the first which is 5 G). I'm not going to post them, since there are supposedly some spoiler-ish ones.

Difficulty Related Achievements: 175 G total

•Ready for More: Complete all acts on “casual” or “normal” difficulty. 50 G
•Ain’t My First Rodeo: Complete all acts on “hardcore” difficulty. 50 G
•That’s Just Crazy: Complete all acts on “insane” difficulty. 75 G (unlocks in-game content)

Collectibles Achievements: 45 G total

•Collector: Recover five campaign collectibles. 5 G
•Pack Rat: Recover 20 campaign collectibles. 10 G
•Hoarder: Recover all 42 collectibles in the campaign. 15 G
•Remember the Fallen: Find and recover all 15 COG tags during the campaign missions. 15 G

Co-op Achievements: 100 G total

•My Fellow Gears: Complete all acts in the campaign in co-op mode. 50 G
•We Few, We Happy Few: Complete the campaign in 4-player co-op mode. This achievement will also unlock an avatar award. 50 G (unlocks avatar award)

Skill-Based Achievements: 320 G total

•Level 5: Reach level five. 5 G
•Level 10: Reach level ten. 10 G
•Level 15: Reach level 15. 15 G
•Level 25: Reach level 25. 25 G
•Level 50: Reach level 50. 50 G
•Judge, Jury and Executioner: Perform every possible finishing move in any mode. 10 G
•Wreaking Locust Vengeance: Kill an enemy with every locust monster in Beast Mode. 10 G
•Enriched and Fortified: Complete all 50 waves of Horde mode. 10 G
•It’s all About the Loot: Earn the Bronze “Loot Courtesan” medal. 25 G
•All for One, One for All: Earn the Bronze “Force Multiplier” medal. 10 G
•First Among Equals: Earn the Silver “Number One” Medal. 25 G
•Award-Winning Tactics: Earn at least one Onyx medal. 25 G
•Seriously 3.0: Reach level 100 and earn every single Onyx medal. 100 G (unlocks in-game content)

Accessibility Achievements: Each is worth 10 G for a total of 50 G

•Welcome to Versus: Kill ten enemies in team deathmatch.
•The Versus Sampler Platter: Complete one match of all six Versus game modes.
•Welcome to Horde Mode: Complete the first ten waves in Horde Mode.
•Welcome to Beast Mode: Survive all 12 waves in Beast Mode.
•Welcome to Arcade Mode: Complete five separate campaign chapters in Arcade co-op.

Multiplayer-Only Achievements: 80 G total

•Welcome to the Big Leagues: Demonstrate your skill in Casual Versus multiplayer (this achievement earns you 0 points)
•Wait, What Time is it?: Earn the maximum consecutive match bonus in versus multiplayer. 10 G
•Socialite: Earn the coveted Onyx “War Supporter” medal. 70 G

I haven't picked up any NCAA football games this gen, but most reviews seem to be saying this is probably the best one. The only negative comments seem to be that it's not a huge upgrade since the last one, but since I didn't play that one, shouldn't be an issue.

If you get it, let me know. I'll definitely get it at that point and we can play against one another instead of getting utterly destroyed by some 11 year old kid from Alabama.

Amazon seems to have a $20 credit if you order it today as it still counts as a "pre-order"....

I'll probably be playing as BYU, and this be destroyed by everyone, regardless of age. :wink: I typically never even dare attempt to play random people online in sports games.

I will definitely pick up NCAA '12 closer to when the season starts. Also, any NBA 2k fans in here?

It's a $10 downloadable game, there really isn't even supposed to be a story. Game is awesome.

I haven't picked up any NCAA football games this gen, but most reviews seem to be saying this is probably the best one. The only negative comments seem to be that it's not a huge upgrade since the last one, but since I didn't play that one, shouldn't be an issue.

If you get it, let me know. I'll definitely get it at that point and we can play against one another instead of getting utterly destroyed by some 11 year old kid from Alabama.

I picked it up the other day for the PS3, clowns.

Prepare to get Jimbo'd.

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear about that.

The conference re-alignment wrinkle's my favorite new thing about NCAA. Moved Florida State and Georgia Tech to the SEC, USF and UCF to the ACC, Nebraska and TCU to the Big 12, Notre Dame to the Big Ten, BYU back to the Mountain West, and took an automatic bowl bid away from the Big East, as it fucking should be.

Also, getting the roster download with actual player names has been great. I was 8-0 when my QB went down for the rest of the season. Bye-bye national title.

My copy's just been sitting on the table for days, haven't had a chance (or mood) to throw it in yet. Probably will some time soon.

Amazon's having some sort of "buy 2, get 1 free" deal going right now on select titles (mostly old-ish ones, but still a good deal for anyone interested):

Video Games: Buy Two, Get One Free

Thanks for the heads up :up:

I've been playing Dead Nation which I got for free thanks to Sony's gross negligence...

The story is terribly generic and the game mechanics are basic but it's pretty fun none the less.

I only got around to playing it once, didn't have enough time to really figure out if I liked it or not, but it was definitely an interesting style of gameplay.
I picked it up the other day for the PS3, clowns.

Prepare to get Jimbo'd.

I haven't picked it up yet, but I also am a PS3'r so maybe sometime. Especially when I read this:
The conference re-alignment wrinkle's my favorite new thing about NCAA. Moved Florida State and Georgia Tech to the SEC, USF and UCF to the ACC, Nebraska and TCU to the Big 12, Notre Dame to the Big Ten, BYU back to the Mountain West, and took an automatic bowl bid away from the Big East, as it fucking should be.

Also, getting the roster download with actual player names has been great. I was 8-0 when my QB went down for the rest of the season. Bye-bye national title.

That is sexy.

I thought you couldn't have the actual player names because of them being in college?

Officially though? That's more what I was confused about. Is it because the download's free that it's alright?

Disobeying NSW's orders to never speak of it again, I just finished LA Noire. It actually picked up really nicely in the end. I may have been a bit too harsh on it for dragging on in the middle.

What game are you playing next?

I just started Fallout Vegas but am not hooked yet.

Mofo, myself and a few of my friends played some Gears the other night, and that was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom