Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I played 6 straight hours of Arkham Asylum yesterday. Hooray for being single.

I'm super excited for Arkham City. The first one was one of the most fun games ever

Red Dead Redemption DLC announcement coming soon, quadruple XP now | Joystiq

If you're ready to quick-draw some funds from your bank account, and your trigger finger is itching to click "buy", you'll be pleased to know that some new Red Dead Redemption DLC is on the way. We don't exactly know when, but Rockstar mentioned on Twitter that the release date and details for this unnamed pack will be revealed "in the coming weeks." Maybe this time it'll be about old-west Draculas, or invisible cowboys.

In the meantime, if you're looking for something to do in the currently released RDR content, Rockstar is hosting a quadruple XP event through Monday. Your cowpoke will get four times as grizzled!

Hopefully it ends up being something big like Undead Nightmare!
Which I still need to finish...

so i know most of you could care less about sports games, but i just discovered 2k Share on NBA Live and it's awesome. I can now download classic rosters including fan made ones (Dream Team, '93 Suns, all time Lakers, etc...).

Since Ashley is playing the good storyline on Infamous and I don't want to see all of the same cutscenes and missions she just did, I'm introducing myself to the game by playing the evil one. Based on what I've seen her do in her storyline, this one is so much fucking better. No pansy-ass bullshit here (some of the good missions seemed really lame), just running around and being a dick. It's like GTA with superpowers. :up:

I can soothe my conscience by playing the good storyline on a harder setting later. GREAT game.

I've played through both games exclusively as evil as well. Supposedly the "good" powers are a little better in part 2, but I think most had more fun with the evil powers in 1. Many more possibilities to cause destruction and chaos! :up:

Glad you guys are liking it. Definitely check out 2 at some point. As much as I liked 1, I loved 2.

I actually don't really care that much for the characters (Cole's Christian Bale wannabe voice takes me out of it), but I absolutely want to play Infamous 2, just so I can have another city to work with. It's great fun to either get it up to speed or place it under your thumb and watch it rot.

Because Utah seceded and became a totalitarian dictatorship some time ago

The evil side of the Utah-exclusive Infamous involves using your electric powers to make computers download shit for free. Guess Scumbo needs to get it out of his system some way.

I've played through both games exclusively as evil as well. Supposedly the "good" powers are a little better in part 2, but I think most had more fun with the evil powers in 1. Many more possibilities to cause destruction and chaos! :up:

Glad you guys are liking it. Definitely check out 2 at some point. As much as I liked 1, I loved 2.

I was thinking about running through the evil storyline later, but I'm a little too anxious to just get on with the next game. Fully plan on buying it either next Friday or the one after (Getting paid weekly :drool: )

Playing through the first Infamous is more fun that I thought from my demo impressions. Might be a little repetitive with the substations, but still a lot of fun. I'll probably get the second one too.
I also still have to pick up Mass Effect 2, but I'll probably wait till the end of the summer

I'm a big Parkour fan, especially when it's used in video games, and as far as I can tell, but basing this on the demo only, Infamous kicks the shit out of Mirrors Edge. That being said, I did get Mirror's Edge with my new PS3, so I'll have to try the game proper at some point to really be sure.

The simple fact is that Infamous is incredibly gratifying and I'm glad a game like it exists.

If you get it at the end of summer, prepare yourself for not wanting to play any of the new games coming out during the fall.

:doh:, no sorry, we actually got Wet. Bah.

I was about to say, Mirror's Edge is a flawed game, but quite possibly one of my favorites this generation, and it's a challenging, rewarding, and aesthetically unique experience that I'd definitely suggest you try out. Infamous is kind of middling, simplistic shit in comparison, IMO. The latter is still enjoyable enough though, but I'm not quite sold on it being all that good a game.

The thing that bothers me about Infamous is the enemy design. They just look like a mess of polygons. And then, even putting graphical limitations aside, they still seem kinda generic

Steam is having daily summer vacay sales. I picked up the original Knights of the Old Republic and for some reason fucking Railworks Train Simulator for 11.50 for both :D

Gotta love buying all these Steam games I will never have the time to appreciate.

I was pretty excited when I got my ps3 too
:lol:, I was thinking that Laz would've said something to this effect when I made the post.

I was about to say, Mirror's Edge is a flawed game, but quite possibly one of my favorites this generation, and it's a challenging, rewarding, and aesthetically unique experience that I'd definitely suggest you try out. Infamous is kind of middling, simplistic shit in comparison, IMO. The latter is still enjoyable enough though, but I'm not quite sold on it being all that good a game.

Well, after reading this, I'll very likely pick up Mirror's Edge. I can't imagine it being too expensive at this point.

The thing that bothers me about Infamous is the enemy design. They just look like a mess of polygons. And then, even putting graphical limitations aside, they still seem kinda generic

I definitely agree that I am not impressed with the enemies. I only just started to figure out what the Reapers even looked like and then I got to the Dust Men and I can't even begin to guess where their heads are, so trying to precision shoot them is a bitch.

I thought this was all to blame on the fact that I have a 22" TV, glad to know I'm not the only one with trouble.

The game did come out a number of years ago. Despite that, I still think it has far better graphics for an open world game than most. It's night and day better than LA Noire's world graphics. You get cooler looking enemies the further you get in.

Regardless, 2 is soooo much better looking in all regards.

The game did come out a number of years ago. Despite that, I still think it has far better graphics for an open world game than most. It's night and day better than LA Noire's world graphics. You get cooler looking enemies the further you get in.

Regardless, 2 is soooo much better looking in all regards.

I picked up Infamous right after trading in L.A. Noire (I couldn't justify keeping it since the replay value was close to nil) and there's no way that the former has better open world graphics. Infamous 2 though? that shit's gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom