Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I had with Twilight Princess was that the developers felt awfully lazy; structurally they were just sitting on series tropes and mashing together things they knew had worked well before. I am ever so slightly encouraged by talk from Aonuma that in Skyward Sword they're requestioning how discrete dungeons should be from the rest of the world (a reassessment LONG overdue), but I see the gameplay videos and trailers and can't shake the sensation that even after 5 years to do whatever they wanted, it's still just a new coat of paint. And the graphics are starting to look hilariously out of date. Compare to the dragon fight at the end of this video:

YouTube - ‪Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - E3 2011: IGN Live Commentary‬‏

That's really exciting to me. To be fair, I haven't played Morrowind or Oblivion so the gameplay is doubleplusfresh, but to be even more fair, I was stuck with a Gamecube earlier this decade.

Just replayed the last chapter of Portal 2 for the hell of it. The best ever.

Also, Infamous is fairly enjoyable. Being an evil dick is fun, but I can't really see myself loving the game until I unlock most of the powers and actually feel like I have some real momentum and strength.

Yeah, Infamous gets more and more enjoyable the powers you open. So many things you can do, which is awesome. I'm pretty close to the end, and have my copy of 2 sitting at home waiting for me to finish. My friends who have the sequel are loving it so far, drastically better graphics and many more powers. Should be fun.

tumblr_lmqm7uACYJ1qh7da7

7th west and Main street

1947, recreated in L.A Noire

Also the site of the U2 music video, “where the streets have no name”

I'm digging Noire again. Been a rollercoaster for me, even though the game itself couldn't be less of a rollercoaster.

I'm just flighty that way.

Still glad I played this mambo jambo in B&W.

Man, Prey 2 looks nice.

Who would have ever thought Prey 2 would be one of the most talked about games of the show?! :lol: I almost wish they'd either take the 2 out and give it a subtitle, or completely remove it from the Prey universe, as it doesn't even look close to the same type of game (and I never even played the first, just watched one of my friends play it for a hour or two).

I think I'm gonna get this : inFamous 2 Game Good Pack with Transparent Blue Dualshock 3 Controller PS3 - ozgameshop.com

That is the price of the game brand new on its own over here. So basically I'd be getting a controller for free.

Did you pick it up? I'm have a blast with it! Probably the most enjoyable game I've played this year, tons of fun.

tumblr_lmqm7uACYJ1qh7da7

7th west and Main street

1947, recreated in L.A Noire

Also the site of the U2 music video, “where the streets have no name”

Pretty sweet. I haven't played this freaking game since the week it came out for some reason. The minute or so of jokes about the game on South Park was pretty funny.

I will be all over L.A. Noire once I can pick it up new or used for 30$ or under.

I will be all over L.A. Noire once I can pick it up new or used for 30$ or under.

It's $40 on Amazon right now, brand new. Gold Box Deal of the day. In the US at least.

bono_man, sounds like we did the same thing. I hurried and finished up the first Infamous, and went straight into 2. I think you'll have a blast with 2, it's a lot of fun. I liked the first quite a bit, but having considerably more fun with 2.

Guess what's on its way to my house.

It's a new (used) PS3. Dear God, I hope this one doesn't die in a month

It's $40 on Amazon right now, brand new. Gold Box Deal of the day. In the US at least.
I am holding out for some kind of 29.99 Greatest Hits kinda thingie for Noire.

If it's a completely offline game with no multiplayer component I could buy it in 4 years and be happy playing through it.

Chell in the Rain

Portal 2 spoilers... kinda. But a chance to listen to the NASH! song for the game in good quality, if that's all you care about.

This gave me goosebumps, however.

I double-dribbled three times in two minutes on NBA 2k11 at a mate's joint yesterday and he was laughing, because he'd never seen anyone even do it once. I soon learnt how to dunk though, and dominated.

Finished Infamous 2 yesterday, really enjoyed it. It'd probably be up there with Dead Space 2 as my 2 favorite games so far this year. There are a lot of 2's in that sentence.

This has lame moments, but still somewhat entertaining for people who've played LA Noire:

Real Life L.A. Noire from Funny Or Die

I am holding out for some kind of 29.99 Greatest Hits kinda thingie for Noire.

If it's a completely offline game with no multiplayer component I could buy it in 4 years and be happy playing through it.

I feel the same way.

I picked up YooStar 2 with some friends a few weeks back for the yuks and it literally is a one or two week game at best. The scenes available for purchase are $2 each. This is not Rock Band! I knew all this walking into it, but it was not rentable at blockbuster at the time. I may hang onto it for a couple of months before chucking it on half.com. Cheaper than renting it every time I get my acting buddies around my house.
I gotta admit it was pretty fun to punch Zach Galifinakis the first time around.

I'm on a serious CoD Black Ops: Kino der toten kick now that I know the ins and outs. :up:
I tend to bounce every few months between Battlefield and CoD though.

My package is out for delivery :hyper:.

Now, of course, I'm at work. But soon, bitches! Ashley's back on the PSN

Someone can please confirm for me, but I believe my user name is bono212. Feel free to add :)

Why don't I, indeed :hmm:
Indeed. :hmm:

Renting is sometimes better than buying, especially when it comes to single-player-only titles. And it is convenient and low cost in the long run. :hmm:

I am sure you know what I am implying, you are familiar with economics which is great. :hmm: Bill Murray would be very proud, wouldn't he? :hmm:

Someone can please confirm for me, but I believe my user name is bono212. Feel free to add :)
Rolled in.

I realize I'm years and years behind the curve, but...holy shit, Resistance. Why are you so awesome?

PSN username is Traviud, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom