Video Game thread II: Super Scumbo Bros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you guys, mocking people on public internet forums is a form of cyber bullying.

I think I might give the game a rent (If I can find a rental place around here anymore). The aesthetic and time period really appeal to me. And I don't think I hate too much dialogue. I was just afraid it was a big quick time slog as Mofo alluded to.

No quicktime evens at all, actually.

We only mock because we want you to use a mic so we can then converse on deep topics like, "Did you see me kill that guy? Check it out, I'm teabagging him now." I need you to verbally confirm that you can see me teabagging my enemies, JT. Anything less than the best is a felony.

I'll eventually get one. I haven't yet because I rarely play with people I know. You guys are too busy with your fancy 'xboxes' and your fancy 'working multiplayer networks'

I missed Mofo's last minute addition to his previous post. Very nice.

NSW, then you'd need my address and I'm not comfortable giving a proven Canadianist my place of residence

Know what they should make? A new Maniac Mansion. I would buy that

PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance Today – PlayStation Blog

For those asking about the PlayStation Store, we’re still targeting restoration of all services by the end of this month. Contrary to reports, the Store will not be publishing today.

Of course they wait until today to finally announce that... in other words, "We screwed up again and couldn't get it fixed in time, because we have no idea how to make an online gaming system network even 1/3 as good as Xbox Live. Sorry, we're years behind the times."

I missed Mofo's last minute addition to his previous post. Very nice.

NSW, then you'd need my address and I'm not comfortable giving a proven Canadianist my place of residence

Know what they should make? A new Maniac Mansion. I would buy that

I just wanted to give you a chance to author another lame excuse.

I am a Canadianist, though, true enough.

Minecraft 1.6 beta is out today.

Craftable fuckin' maps, bitches.

JZq7L.jpg

My LA Noire has crashed twice.
Then this happened:

253746_10150191629502916_620782915_6988147_4685860_n.jpg

The other half of his body was in the hospital bed :lol:

Made it to the Vice desk. In one of the later Homicide cases, I got every clue and question right, but because of my severe car damage (around $15,000) I got 1 star. Total bullshit.

That's what happens when you let a friend who's never played drive to a crime scene.

I was starting to feel "meh" about the game, but now I'm a lot more into it.

I really would like to go on a rampage and shoot civilians, but that's a story for my shrink, really.*

Anyway, love the black and white.

* I don't have a shrink**

** I should, though

Once the Homicide cases picked up, I really got into it. I'm excited to see how the newspaper side narratives intersect with the main story.

I like running over benches with people sitting on it.

Yes, same here...the homicide cases and my asshole partner have me a lot more into it.

Yeah, when I know I'm done for the evening, I drive my car at insane speeds and see how much shit I can fuck up. If I can manage to drive off of a hill or cliff, I'm fairly pleased.

Rusty's a total shit. I love it.

The bit where he punches the guy who made out with the corpse by the train tracks is great.

If you're in the right car, you can drive it over the arch of the car in front of you into the air. That's a lovely sight.

Made it to the Vice desk. In one of the later Homicide cases, I got every clue and question right, but because of my severe car damage (around $15,000) I got 1 star. Total bullshit.

That's what happens when you let a friend who's never played drive to a crime scene.

Haha, that sucks. You can replay cases from the main menu if you want to improve your score, fyi. You can also do free roam after you finish each desk, that's available from the main menu too. Big help to finish all the random crimes around the city, picking up collectibles, and exploring without having to worry about car damage and such.

There's an achievement / trophy for finishing a case having caused like $47,000 worth of damage.

This is a fairly decent deal for all the content you get, fyi:

The Rockstar pass for L.A. Noire has been released on Xbox Live Marketplace and thankfully it's nothing like EA's online pass or comparable schemes. Instead it's a collection of DLC previously released for L.A. Noire in the form of pre-order incentives.

If you buy the pass you will be able to download all the additional cases, including The Naked City (Vice) and A Slip Of The Tongue (Traffic), as well as the forthcoming Nicholson Electroplating Disaster (June 21) and Reefer Madness (July 12).

Players will also be able to expand Phelps's wardrobe, with The Broderick Detective Suit, The Sharpshooter Detective Suit, The Badge Pursuit Challenge and The Button Man Suit.

For those who prefer certain desks or a particular suit, all items can be bought individually.

The Rockstar Pass currently costs 800 Microsoft Points and $10 on the PlayStation store (when it returns). However, on June 14 the price will increase to $12/960 Microsoft Points.

Haha, that sucks. You can replay cases from the main menu if you want to improve your score, fyi. You can also do free roam after you finish each desk, that's available from the main menu too. Big help to finish all the random crimes around the city, picking up collectibles, and exploring without having to worry about car damage and such.

There's an achievement / trophy for finishing a case having caused like $47,000 worth of damage.

This is a fairly decent deal for all the content you get, fyi:

I've replayed the Golden Butterfly case at least 2 times to get it right. Fuckin' Eli Rooney's a tough man to read.

I was explaining free roam as he was piling over every hot dog stand on 3rd Ave. Didn't help too much.

Here are more details on that "Rockstar Pass' deal for LA Noire. Definitely sounds worth it if you're interested in any of the DLC. You essentially get all of it for $10 instead of having to buy it when it comes out for the various individual prices.

From the press release:

Starting today in North America and Europe, players can purchase the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, a new way to pre-order DLC, which gives players access to all seven paid DLC. The Rockstar Pass is available for a limited-time price of $10.00 (PlayStation Network) / 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)—a 50% discount compared to purchasing the DLC content individually. Once purchased, the Rockstar Pass enables gamers to download all the announced DLC for free as it becomes available on the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE, which totals four unique cases, two detective suits and a collectible challenge. Xbox 360 Achievements and PlayStation Trophies will be available in each of the four cases.

All seven pre-order DLC options will be available to purchase from Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network starting today with The Badge Pursuit Challenge and the Sharpshooter/ Broderick detective suits to download for $2.00/160 Microsoft Points and $1.00/80 Microsoft Points, respectively. “The Naked City” Vice case and “A Slip of the Tongue” Traffic case are also launching today. Both cases will each be priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).

Two brand new cases, the “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson case (June 21, 2011) and the “Reefer Madness” Vice case (July 12, 2011), will also be available for download later this summer, each priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE). Inspired both by famous noir fiction and real-life crimes taken straight from the headlines, these downloadable cases will provide unique experiences for players independent of the game’s primary storyline. All of the DLC will be available for purchase through the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, priced after the limited discount period at $12.00 (PlayStation Network) / 960 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)—a 40% discount off individual DLC pricing.

As a token of thanks to fans, members of the Rockstar Social Club will also receive a free download of the Chicago Lightning Detective Suit. In addition, Rockstar will unlock the Chicago Piano machine gun for free to all players via the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Both are available now.

Thanks for reminding me of possibly the worst web comic ever created.

Jesus, that was awful. I mean, I'd heard about the show and all, but I had to close it like less than a minute in.

My favourite B^U comic will always be this one:

remiqnet_7715.jpg

I still need to finish LA Noire, haven't had much time to play it and the homicide cases are starting to be a bit of a drag.

Welcome back to April, the PSN store is up.

"Welcome Back Program" stuff is not up yet though.

Both of those teasers rule.

Good news: My PS3 finally came in.
Bad news: The console that I was playing L.A. Noire on can't port over the game data so I have to restart from the beginning. Gahhhh.

At least the Playstation Store's finally back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom