Video Game Discussion Thread Part 10: Video Games Fucking Suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, the reviews have not been good.

I'm a huge Fallout fan but I don't like Multi-player so I doubt I'll ever bother with this one.

From what I have heard its basically just Fallout 4 without NPCs or traditional quests which is a big part of what makes the Fallout games so good imo…

Also sucks to be those people who bought the game on opening day for $79 only to see it on sale a week later for $49.

we all knew about the lack of human NPCs going in, but the bugs and glitches i've seen in gifs and videos are pretty egregious and game-breaking. it's at best an early access title right now and to push it out as a completed AAA game and charge full price for it is insane and gives me flashbacks to the launch of no man's sky. there's no way in hell this game should have been released before summer 2019.

and bethesda isn't helping themselves in the PR department either. currently they're getting dragged on the fallout subreddit over their $200 "special" version being advertised specifically as coming with a canvas duffle bag and then being delivered with a cheap nylon bag, and when people contacted them to complain they were told "it was too expensive to make the canvas bag. and no, we don't plan on doing anything about it" (that's a verbatim quote from a bethesda customer rep).

that's like me going into a jewelry store and putting down $1000 for a diamond ring, only to discover it's a CZ when it gets delivered to me, then me calling the store and being told "it was too expensive to get a real diamond and no, we don't plan on doing anything about it" and the store simply keeping all my money.

so now in response to the anger, apparently as a "compensation" for the bag issue bethesda has offered 500 in-game atoms to use in the content store. only problem with that is that 500 atoms isn't anywhere near enough to actually get anything in the store, so in order to use the "compensation" you need to spend extra real currency (after you've already spent 200 real dollars on this game, mind you) or grind for hours in the game to get enough to actually use. oh, and if you accept the 500 atoms, buried in the fine print is a clause that forfeits your right to legal recourse against bethesda and absolves them of any liability to you in perpetuity.

EA: "wow the gaming community really hates us. we really botched battlefront, that's gonna be the worst game launch of 2018 for sure"

bethesda: "hold my beer"

rockstar:
g3VUD2I.png

Last edited:
I said let down ya wanker

:laugh:

Rockstar and Nintendo must just be sitting back and laughing with a Cuban and some 50yo whiskey. Rockstar for releasing what seems to be a piece of art that has taken video games to a higher plane and Nintendo for the insane strength of their exclusive titles, as they watch other companies shit the bed.

I don’t think Bethesda has anything to worry about. They’re notorious for developing shit games that aren’t part of the core TES/Fallout series.

I thought this was part of the main Fallout series?

In the sense that it’s cannon to the world? Sure.

But it’s an action mmorpg. Like ESO, its a splinter project. Fallout 5 and TES 6 got put on hold for Bethesda to “explore new avenues.”

Their meat and potatoes or whatever the saying is... the core series of those games.

Started playing Skyrim again yesterday. I am off work for the next two months. Send help.

I’m planning to spend a lot of this winter playing it more, after I get a few big projects done. We bought a newer TV last weekend, so I can’t wait to play it in 4K. :drool:

I'm fully engulfed again. I had a game with over 100 hours in it in the month after the game originally came out. Then my PS3 broke and I couldn't get the save file back without spending $100 to have someone recover it. I kept thinking I'd eventually do it and never did.

Over the years I ended up with copies of the game for Xbox, ps4 and the PC. I started a game on the PC about 5 years ago, and maybe got 10-15 hours in, but just couldn't get myself excited to play, still thinking about the game I lost.

But now I've picked that PC game back up , and despite kinda forgetting what the hell I'd been doing, eventually finished up most of the Dragonborn dlc, and I'm back to being an Arch-mage. Feels good. I'm on my way to Riften now to get my thieving going, which is funny because I've been playing enough that my sneak and pick pocketing are already up around lvl 70, so it's all a formality at this pint :wink:.

i've never been able to finish skyrim. i've started 3 or 4 games and every time i haven't gotten any farther in the storyline than the thieves' guild. every time i enter a new town or settlement i have a need to explore and loot everything and complete every quest before i can continue on. that approach worked great in fallout 3 and new vegas but not so much in the much larger world of skyrim and i generally lose interest and pick up some other game before i make a real dent in the story quests. one time i mistakenly ended up on the ship to solstheim and did the entire dragonborn dlc, but i found it kinda tedious so i stopped with that run after i beat it.

i still do it in every open world game though, which is why i'm still only on chapter 2 of red dead redemption even though i probably have well over 50 hours of play by now.

Right there with you. I have been playing now for two weeks and still haven't done a single storyline mission.

And I ended up in Solstheim by mistake as well, haha. Then kept thinking, I'm sure I'm almost done here.... 20 hours later... I can't beat the main baddy atm, though, so I need to go back to it eventually. I'm sure if I were a little more patient I could, but I'm just going to wait.

ashley, are you using any mods and if so which ones? i freaking love skyrim and would play it right now if wow wasn't eating up so much of my hard drive space.

kinda old news re: fallout 76 but i'd preordered and played the beta and didn't like it much at all. every once in a while i'll see a video on youtube that makes the game look appealing, but honestly i'll probably just wait for fo5, whenever that comes out. well that, and the f4nv mod.

I am not using any mods, simply because I still have never beat the game and would maybe like to do that first before I potentially break something. I should try it though.

I have no opinion about the Fallout series as a whole, but I was reminded the other day that John Carpenter is an apparent gamer and his assessment of the entry gave me a chuckle:

[twitter]/1066150525727469569[/twitter]

I am not using any mods, simply because I still have never beat the game and would maybe like to do that first before I potentially break something. I should try it though.

I have no opinion about the Fallout series as a whole, but I was reminded the other day that John Carpenter is an apparent gamer and his assessment of the entry gave me a chuckle:

[TWEET]1066150525727469569[/TWEET]

Anyone who has tried playing RE2 Remake? It feels so nostalgic, but a lot of my friend still prefers the classic.

Man. I'm such a Nintendo fanboy, avoided spoilers all day (pretty easy in my job thankfully). I was really hoping for Paper Mario, or at the very least Pikmin, but alas. The Zelda reveal was ridiculous, that was the last thing I was expecting, but I think my disappointment over no Paper Mario or Pikmin my reaction to it was a little muted, sadly.

anyone who likes zelda games, or KSP, or red dead redemption, or pretty much any puzzle, space, mystery, survival horror, adventure, or exploration games should get outer wilds right away. i got it a few weeks ago on PC for only 16 bucks and i'm pretty sure that was full price.

it's hard for me to really explain the game without revealing too much in the way of spoilers. but the time loop mechanics and progressive exploration are one of the most unique, new gaming experiences i've had in a really really long time.

i really can't recommend it enough. it's easily one of my favourite games of this decade.

https://www.pcgamer.com/outer-wilds-review/

sounds really cool and right up my alley... but it's not on Switch

it's on PC, you have one of those don't you?

you were actually one of the people i had top of mind when making that recommendation - you would absolutely adore this game, i think.

Back
Top Bottom