Video Game Discussion Thread Part 10: Video Games Fucking Suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that I finally have a computer that can run Skyrim, it's been pretty well consuming all my time. Witcher 3 sounds pretty cool though, and I plan to check it out after I finish Skyrim (which could be a while from now).

Boston. :up:

Judging by the trailer there may also be a portion of the game played before the war?

The graphics look much better too, just wish we had some more info about a release date. Apparently well know a lot more on the 12th as they've announced a big E3 reveal that day.

It looks awesome. Much more colorful than Fallout 3, for sure.

47158_2_0.jpg

I cannot begin to explain how much use I got from Fallout 3. I started and stopped playing 2x, just could not get into it. Then I had a major break up, my GF moved out and while I didn't think I was THAT depressed, I wound up playing this fucking game day and night, went on every side mission you could, downloaded all the DLC and went through that, etc. It's the only time I had friends comment to me "Um, seems like you're on XBox LIVE playing that game, like, A LOT…you ok?" Hell yeah I'm ok, I'm roaming around post-apocalyptic DC, motherfucker, why wouldn't I be ok!?!??!

Thank you, Liberty Prime, for showing me true friendship in the wake of the breakup. I'll never forget you, your propaganda and your destructive ways.

I'm just praying that the PS4 version gets much better development support this time around. As much as I loved Fallout 3 and even New Vegas at times the PS3 versions were a nightmare in terms of bugs...

FO3 was bad but I've only ever gotten all the way through FNV once on PS3 - at a certain point the save file gets so big that anywhere with lots of enemies or NPCs (ie the endgame, Hoover Dam, the Strip - basically the main areas of the game) slowed down to the point where it would either take 20 minutes to walk from the main gate of the Strip to the front door of the Lucky 38 for me. I dealt with it once, gave up, bought it for PC and played it enough times to have completed every main and side quest, all the endings, visited every location, got every follower, etc.

I paid for Fallout 3 three times (all on PS3 - for some stupid reason I traded it in twice and found myself wanting to play it again later on), and FNV twice. Worth every penny. And I can't wait for Bethesda to take more of my money.

I never say this, but, I found FNV to be so glitched out that I could not really get into it.

I probably needed to breakup with someone again to really embrace the game, poor planning on my part.

But, whatever the fuck, I'm psyched for this.

I'm really loving it so far. I spent so many hours with it already. All the missions, even silly side quests, seem to have a good back story and interesting cut scenes.

FO3 was bad but I've only ever gotten all the way through FNV once on PS3 - at a certain point the save file gets so big that anywhere with lots of enemies or NPCs (ie the endgame, Hoover Dam, the Strip - basically the main areas of the game) slowed down to the point where it would either take 20 minutes to walk from the main gate of the Strip to the front door of the Lucky 38 for me. I dealt with it once, gave up, bought it for PC and played it enough times to have completed every main and side quest, all the endings, visited every location, got every follower, etc.

I paid for Fallout 3 three times (all on PS3 - for some stupid reason I traded it in twice and found myself wanting to play it again later on), and FNV twice. Worth every penny. And I can't wait for Bethesda to take more of my money.

Agreed on FNV. It bugged out so bad once when I was playing the TV actually went to snow...

So last summer someone posted on reddit claiming that they were a former employee of Bethesda who worked on the development of Fallout 4. They had been shit-canned for leaking confidential information (understandably so, as you'll see if you click the link), and so in revenge posted absolutely everything they knew about Fallout 4. This person claimed to have played it, developed it, and worked on a lot of major aspects of the game.

This person was absolutely eviscerated in the comments as a fraud, troll, etc. similar to what we do when someone posts in EYKIW for their one and only forum post about how they know every detail of the new U2 album because their buddy knows a guy who knows a guy who told him everything, and it's 100% all true, guys. The usual stuff. Then the reveal happened the other day and the trailer matches perfectly with the details this person posted. The timing works out pretty exactly too.

So, if you want to get what could be a very detailed run down of the setting, gameplay, and a bit about the general setup of the plot, click on the link below, but be warned that there could potentially (nobody is sure if this person is legit or just really lucky) be MAJOR, ENORMOUS SPOILERS in this link:

By the way, Bloodborne is awesome. I got really far and stopped playing because I kinda don't want it to end.

Back
Top Bottom