Video Game Discussion Thread Part 10: Video Games Fucking Suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two weeks to go until Fallout 4. I've been playing New Vegas over the last few days. No bugs yet, but it hasn't really caught my attention.

it was a weird game, I've never experienced that level of bugs in a game before but there were parts I enjoyed - mostly the exploration, I found the overall story pretty tedious and hated having to pick a side.

I found it enjoyable that you could do whatever you want.

I also experienced more bugs than in 3. I think the amount of bugs you encounter is luck of the draw. I've never gotten to play fallout 4 to full completion, achievement-wise, due to bugs. Three plays through, and I always miss something because of a bug.

it was a weird game, I've never experienced that level of bugs in a game before but there were parts I enjoyed - mostly the exploration, I found the overall story pretty tedious and hated having to pick a side.

That irked me too. I also found the game a bit heavyhanded in trying to show that all the sides are bad - there could have been some more nuance there.

The Secret World is my full time mmo right now, they came out with a short standalone thing called The Park which is set in this fucked up amusement park in the 2nd questing area. It's essentially an interactive movie, explorer or whatever you'd call it. No combat or anything. You play as this woman running around the park looking for her kid, clicking on stuff and calling out to the kid. A lot of the clickable stuff references NPCs in TSW, as someone who's spent a lot of hours (my main has like 80 days worth of play time logged, and I've got alts despite not really needing them. Over the course of the 3 years the secret world's been out that's not really that insane, but it's some time) that's fun. But it's legit creepy. They're calling it a psychological thriller, it's got some jump scares though. Nice, creepy atmosphere. It takes quite a bit to scare me, I was impressed.

I used a VPN to get Steam to activate it early (today I'm Australian).

It's incredible. See you guys sometime around Easter.

I have Fallout 4. I might return from the wasteland to give occasional updates sometime in the calendar year, but I can't promise anything.

Damn. This thing will be waiting for me when I get home tonight. I should have called in sick.

Happy Fallout day folks. Enjoy the radiation.

Bad news: don't build a wall around the exterior of your settlements.

If you try and occupy the entire lot, you'll use up to 75% of your allotted "size" ie object count.

Meaning you'll never be able to actually fill it.

My Xbox 360 broke down from hardware failure after nine years of playing Elder Scrolls games. :( It has the Red Ring of Death. I lost my Skyrim game that I started in 2011. Sad day.

Happy Fallout holidays:

CWNQo1uUwAECx7l.jpg

So far I've had to restart from a previous save and lost an hour because I was stuck in sneak mode and couldn't stand up and currently I have had to turn off the music because its stuck on the battle music but I don't care, I'm having too much fun.

I've been going bananas with a sweet Netherlands game of Europa Universalis IV lately (Australia/NZ is completely Dutch and called Van Diemen's Land, it's great), but I think since I'm going to be alone on this four-day weekend I'll get back into Fallout again. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom