Video Game Discussion Thread Part 10: Video Games Fucking Suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very cool.

Seriously guys, Forza Horizon 2 is so much fun. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone with a Xbox One who's ever liked any racing or driving game of any sort.

Awesome radio stations too:

Chvrches
War on Drugs
Pixies
The Clash
Cut Copy
etc.

I will be playing that shit in a week, hopefully you're still enjoying it by then because I will not feel complete until I have forced your car off of a cliff.

I will be playing that shit in a week, hopefully you're still enjoying it by then because I will not feel complete until I have forced your car off of a cliff.

Oh, I will be (except I'm in Texas & Mexico the 12th - 22nd or 23rd).

I took these myself from the in-game camera.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Interference poll: should I buy Shadow of Mordor? For reference, I love Skyrim.

Honestly, it's easy to say this, but the relevant comparison for Shadow of Mordor is Assassin's Creed. The nemesis system is cool, and you have more freedom, but it's functionally a LotR-themed AC.

It's nothing like Elder Scrolls at all, except - maybe - in the really intricate skill trees and rune system.

It is, however, a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ugh. I'm not a huge fan of AC. Liked the first one, sort of like the one with the pirates, but it gets so repetitive... I'll have to look at some gameplay videos to make up my mind.

I stopped playing Watch Dogs about 2/3rds of the way through. There are a couple of missions that really made me go "ick" to the point that I couldn't get through them. That, and the main character is totally a psychopath and would be the villain in any other game. I got a bit sick of playing someone with his only redeemable qualities coming when I go out of my way to stop a petty crime (even though I'm pretty sure - the story got tough to follow - he's got someone tied to a chair and is paying another guy to actively torture him for the entire game). It's one thing to play a morally flawed or even "bad" character, but he should at least have some sort of moral conflict about doing terrible things. The main character in Watch Dogs seems to go out of his way to be awful and I couldn't take it any more.

I've bought Civilization: Beyond Earth on Friday and it is phenomenal - I already have about 10 hours played and it's an amazingly deep game. I love the new "tech web" and the quests system and it is already apparent to me that there is no way you could possibly play this game the same way twice. I'm about 3/4s of the way through my first play through (I really botched the opening 100 turns getting used to the new systems) so it's still up in the air as to whether or not I'll win but that fact alone (Civ tends to become a cake walk about two thirds of the way through for me because I know how to set up the end game for pretty much any victory I want) makes me want to keep going. If you liked Civ at all then definitely check out Civ:BE. I'm so happy with this game because Civilization, going back to the very first one that I played on a Tandy (!!), is my favourite game of all time (TIE Fighter is #2 - a game that desperately needs to be remade).

Super Mario 3D World is an absolute joy to play. I'm not going to call it a revelation, as it's more about assembling together everything great about Mario and making it faster and more fun than ever before, but it's definitely fresh. This reminds me of playing Sonic Generations for the first time, which was another fresh take on a series that had grown stagnant.

I had the New Super Mario Bros. bundle initially, but I'm glad I exchanged it because SM3DW is basically the same thing, but more fun and with better replay value. And Nintendo Land, which is also fun in its own right.

Honestly, I'm loving the Wii U library so far and it's about to get its killer app with Smash Bros.

That's disappointing, even though it's absolutely terrible name some concrete news about Fallout 4 would be nice.

TIE Fighter has destroyed my weekend. :up:

The next few weeks are ridiculous game wise:

Master Chief Collection and Assassin's Creed tomorrow.

GTA5, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age next week.

Also, the recently released Xbox One game, Sunset Overdrive, is a massive amount of fun.

Picked up AC: Rogue, GTA V(PS4), FarCry 4, and dragon age. Gonna be busy for awhile!!

Sent from my PS4 using U2 Interference

Civilization Beyond Earth is getting a bum rap in reviews. It's actually a really good game that has the potential to be great with an expansion or two.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Smash Bros is fucking great. Loads of characters, excellent control options, strong HD graphics and a surprisingly good online system. Bug free, no stupid patches or micro-transactions. I love it. 92 metascore, 9.1 user score. Who can hate?

Loving my WiiU. Smash is the best party game of this gen, Super Mario 3D World is the best platformer. Can't wait to pick up Mario Kart and get online.

At some point, I'll start buying more PS4 games (just have BF4, Watch Dogs and Destiny right now, all of which are good, none of which are great). No killer apps for me yet, I'm afraid, but the future looks bright. Bloodborne and The Order should be awesome. I'm glad I already own the system, if just for the free games. Plus GTA V will look great on it when I pick that up (hopefully around Christmas).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom