Video Game Discussion Thread Part 10: Video Games Fucking Suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
N64 goldeneye came out today on switch online!

the controls are horribly adapted but damn this game is fun once you get used to it.

That's why I bought the N64 controller as soon as N64 was announced. I envisioned playing SM64 without the four yellow buttons and freaked out.

Perfect Dark is better

I have finally, after two-and-a-half-years, finished the main game of Red Dead Redemption 2. Didn't realise I was so close to the end when I started playing what turned out to be the second last mission, which carries you right through. The last hour or so is incredible, and may be the best piece of narrative art I have ever seen. Stunning. One of only two games to make me cry, after Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and mmmmmaybe Breath of the Wild.

Any PC gamers been giving the play test of Dark and Darker a run? It hit 101k concurrent players on its first day, for a game that’s mostly been word of mouth with no marketing, kinda crazy.

Looter extraction with PvP and PvE elements set in a dungeon. Play test runs until the 13th, but expected to be extended.

kerbal space program 2 was released today!! :hyper:

...in early access for $66.99+tax... :|

looks like i'll be waiting a while to play this one. and i just got a new PC this week too. :sad:

I am so incredibly excited for this game, which I'm sure will be the best space game ever made. But holy shit, it'll take me til like 2030 to finish (and I am not a 100% completist at all)

Also, TOTK is incredible and I'll be playing that for at least the rest of this year, but whilst it is a level-up on BOTW in many ways, I still don't think it's as good as that magical game.

i picked up a switch at christmas time, and got BOTW to see what all the hype was about, and i gotta say it bored the shit out of me. i played for about 15-20 hours and defeated the first divine beast, but it just got way too repetitive for me to really want to keep going. the combat is way too easy against most enemies and way too janky against bosses, and i fucking HATE that nearly every weapon is about as durable as a wiffleball bat. the puzzles in some of the shrines were pretty cool but that was about all i was really doing by the time i stopped playing, and even those were starting to get pretty repetitive.

i can see why some people really love it and rate it so highly, but it really never clicked for me, and i went back to replaying AC Valhalla instead.

:shrug:

anyways, the real reason i came into this thread - a recommendation mostly for Chris.

Reentry: An Orbital Simulator. https://store.steampowered.com/app/882140/Reentry__An_Orbital_Simulator/

fly in accurate versions of Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo (CSM and LM) spacecrafts. every switch and dial and circuit breaker works (unlike microsoft flight sim). in the future they're going to add the space shuttle too.

this is where i got that dumb P52 jargon post from in the other thread - P52 is a program in the Apollo Guidance Computer. it's still in early access so there are still quite a few bugs, but considering that this whole game is basically one dutch guy's side project for fun it's pretty forgivable. and if you find a bug and post it on the game discord it almost always gets fixed nearly immediately.

i've done all the mercury missions, the gemini missions, and the apollo missions up to the moon landing. it took me about 4 months to get through it all and finally landing on the moon on friday was by far the most difficult, and most satisfying, thing i've ever done in a video game. way way WAY harder than anything in KSP. i actually had to print out the CSM/LM flight manuals and study them lol. but, like i said, when i finally landed on the moon i cheered about as hard as i did when bryce hit that home run in game 5 of the NLCS.

CdnYjbT.jpg

now i just have to get my boys back home. the rendezvous and docking with the CSM is going to be complex and very difficult so i fully expect it to take many tries. it's gonna be fun.

11/10 and it's only going to keep getting better. if you're at all interested buy it now before it comes out of EA and the price goes up.

Of all the stupid, shit opinions expressed on this website, that one might take the cake.

lol ok fine, i was trying not to really slag off something i know you love but here's my real opinion:

it sucks and it's boring and the people who think it's actually really great are almost all people who never played a video game before BOTW that wasn't on their phone. the storyline is stupid and childish. the combat blows and even the shittiest Ubisoft game does combat better. the menus all seem like they were designed expressly to piss the player off. it sucks as an RPG, it sucks as a puzzle game, it sucks as an adventure game, and i wish i could get back all the time and money that i spent playing that crap. every single thing BOTW does decently, some other game does it way better.

caddyshack-al.gif

:hug:

Last edited:
Cool…but 2025? lol

yea i was surprised by that as well. at their earnings call Take Two spoke at length about their "huge fiscal year 2025" - and Rockstars FY25 ends on April 1, 2025. So that's a pretty small release window to hit the 8 billion in revenue they keep talking about.

the game certainly doesn't look like it still needs a year of development based off that trailer. obviously it's mostly cut scenes but the GTA cut scenes are always developed in engine, so i wonder what the hell the long wait is for.

Back
Top Bottom