Video Game Discussion Thread Part 10: Video Games Fucking Suck - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself

Old 08-26-2016, 03:22 PM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:35 PM

Old 08-26-2016, 04:07 PM   #317
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yeah, No Man's Sky can be frustrating at times, but I'm still enjoying it.

In the meantime, Nuka World is coming up soon. This should be fun. I still love playing Fallout 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Wooooww I'm surprised to hear such vitriol coming from you for this game.

I got it for $48, which is nice, even though that's a pretty steep price for what's essentially an early access title. I've stopped playing the game but will pick up again to check out updates and mindlessly mine. I like that sort of thing every now and again.

Meanwhile, I picked up The Last of Us Remastered, Battlefront and Until Dawn at Best Buy for less than the cost of No Man's Sky because they had a sale going on. Started playing TLOU but haven't gotten that far yet. It's such a sad game.
Did you play The Last of Us when it came out for PS3? Damn, I really love this game. One of my favorite, ever. The connection they make you create with the characters is just incredible. Don't want to spoil anything, so I'll stop here.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #318
A childless dog

Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Did you play The Last of Us when it came out for PS3? Damn, I really love this game. One of my favorite, ever. The connection they make you create with the characters is just incredible. Don't want to spoil anything, so I'll stop here.
Nope. TLOU remastered is my first experience with it.

Naughty Dog

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:47 PM   #319
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Nope. TLOU remastered is my first experience with it.

Naughty Dog
Very jealous. Anyways, come back when you are done and we'll discuss.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #320
Blue Crack Addict

i've been bored this afternoon and taken a look and it seems no man's sky is highly moddable. thank goodness for that. there's already a few mods i've heard about that sound interesting so maybe i'll be able to have some fun with this game after all until the new dlc comes out.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:42 AM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

HA! we all thought there would be dlc - nope! nobody's heard a thing from the studio since the PC release. no tweets, no interviews, no announcements, nothing. sean murray has literally disappeared to go swim in his pile of money.

this is looking more and more like the biggest bait-and-switch con in video game history.

on the other hand, deus ex is really good so far, other than some minor annoyances with the control scheme.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #322
Blue Crack Addict

Old 10-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

the new civilization is fucking amazing. it consumed my entire weekend without a second thought.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #324
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:35 PM
I didn't even know it came out. Been so busy trying to land on Mun and Minmus.

Must download.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

go to minmus first. it's easier to land on and easier to get home from (less gravity and a slower rotation period means less fuel needed to get off it). the exact same rocket will get you to both because of this difference, just remember to adjust your inclination before you do the burn to exit kerbin orbit. doing it mid-course burns so much fuel you'll never get back, although rescue missions can be a lot of fun.

get civ afterwards for sure. it's the best and deepest of the vanilla base games since civ 2 and has a lot of cool potential for expansion too.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #326
ONE
love, blood, life

Can we get married
Old 10-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #327
ONE
love, blood, life

No but for reals, KSP is actually like my real life work. I mean if you can play KSP, it's pretty much sketch board orbital mechanics. Very little is different between this game and actual systems level space mission analysis

Right now my issue is mostly technological limitation. I have the power to get to Mun and Minmus pretty easily, just not the ability for landing and control. I chose my technology in a pretty shit fashion, so I can get to the moons but can rendezvous/dock with an object in orbit around Kerbin yet.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #328
Blue Crack Addict

rendezvous and docking is wayyyyyy harder than moon landings, for me. i sort of have the hang of it, and last time i was playing i was trying to build an orbital refueling station so that i can get to duna and eve. i've sent one-way trips and satellites, but haven't been able to get a kerbal to duna and back - eve's gravity is way too hard to come back from a landing unless you're a pro. i can build a spacecraft that theoretically should have enough fuel, but it ends up being so heavy that the extra fuel gets burned just getting the craft to LKO.

and yes, we can get married as soon as my divorce is final next month. i thought you'd never ask. see you in vegas on thanksgiving
Old 10-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #329
ONE
love, blood, life

Theoretically, docking shouldn't be that difficult. But you definitely need low power vector thrusting. Something I don't have at the moment.

As for your theoretically scaled rockets that seem to be burning all the extra fuel by LEO -- as a principal of design I suggest attempting to have every stage of your rocket provide the same or similar Δv. Just a general rule or thumb. And another thing -- the quicker you burn fuel, the better. The quicker you move between stages, the better. In all cases, atmosphere or not. That is to say, an ideal space launch vehicle is a catapult.

Im sure it comes as common sense... the less fuel and less engines you have to change the momentum of, the less impulse required to move such an object. As you obviously know, the only real downfall is that you have to get through the atmosphere. But struts and coupling devices are your best friends.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:45 PM   #330
Blue Crack Addict

i haven't played since 1.0, and holy shit is 1.2 ever different. i felt like i needed to re-learn the mechanics so i restarted my career mode. my goal is the mun by the end of the weekend.