Video Game Discussion Thread Part 10: Video Games Fucking Suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Game looks amazing. There are already a few people streaming it on Twitch.

My package is somewhere in a UPS warehouse in Brooklyn and should be at my apartment by the time I get home from work. This is going to be a good weekend.

Yes but did you skin a legendary bear and make yourself a bear hat?

So I feel like I've just had a life-changing realisation.

I've been watching my housemate play Red Dead Redemption 2 for the past hour, and it looks bloody amazing. He's got a PS4.

But I couldn't get on board with the excitement when it came out because I only own a Switch. In fact, the only other console I've owned is a Nintendo 64. So I've strictly been a Nintendo person my entire life.

So, I thought I can't play this game, or others, because it would feel like I'm 'cheating' on Nintendo, if that makes sense?

But this game looks so amazing... and I've been tweeting Codemasters once a week since F12018 came out trying to get them to release it on Switch.

And I've just realised. Why don't I just buy F12018 for PS4? It's not cheating, really. Switch is Switch, and if I game I like comes out on it, I get it on Switch, plus all the first party titles.

i can't recommend this game enough, it's really a must-play sort of experience. if you don't want to buy a new console, it's probably going to be released for PC some time next year if you have a decent computer and can wait that long.

LN7 let me know when you get through the intro part (you'll know when this is) and i'll send you some tips if you want.

Nah. But my housemate who I'll be living with at least another year has a PS4. I just bought F12018 and made a profile on the PS4 :D

But yeah from what I was watching of Red Dead I was pretty blown away.

This game is so incredible. It's on par with Skyrim for me in terms of immersion, but it's more interesting on so many different levels.

I am. And... they did. The character walks like a mile an hour and turning left and right seems to be a bit of a pain. When you’re inside a building everything is slow and making the character point-focus at something is also a pain.

I have only played it for a little bit. Game seems fun, but that’s definitely something I noticed right off the bat. Not the usual Rockstar mechanics I’m used to.

well no, you can't charge around running through a shop or saloon in normal circumstances because no reasonable adult does that irl and you'd probably smash into another person, which is assault and will earn you a bounty or start a fist fight, as it would irl. if you're running from the law you can run through the front door and out the back of a shop at full speed no problem. it makes perfect sense.

the rest sounds like just needing to get used to the controls. i agree that it was a bit weird for like the first hour (and sometimes it's a bit annoying to get a lock on when you're trying to open a box on the ground or loot a body and you aren't facing quite the right way) but it's pretty much exactly the same handling as gta 5.

I've not played it yet, too busy trying not to crash my car in F1 2018, but LN7 is not over-exaggerating, it's been a very common complaint so far.

I came to the conclusion that the reason it’s so clunky is because they’re trying to make the mechanics more real, and eventually push it into AR.

I finally picked up Red Dead 2 tonight at Best Buy. Plan on playing it the entire Thanksgiving break. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom