Video Editing Software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So I'm doing a presentation on the character of Renfield in Bram Stoker's Dracula in a few weeks. I'm starting with a discussion of Victorian attitudes towards mental illness and then doing an overview of Renfield through the ages in film and television. I would like to show some video clips, but changing DVDs is cumbersome. I was wondering if there is a way to record small clips from my DVD collection to my computer and transfer them to a DVD. Preferably free. I'm not trying to make money, not even trying to copy whole films. I'd just like some supplemental material for this presentation, as Tom Waits playing Renfield is a must-see.

Phil had to do an interactive presentation for his kids this summer and needed three clips from Finding Nemo. What I did was torrent the movie, an avi file, and then use Windows Movie Maker to cut up the avi file into the clips I wanted. Much easier than getting software to rip the DVD, doing that, and then cutting the clips.

Phil had to do an interactive presentation for his kids this summer and needed three clips from Finding Nemo. What I did was torrent the movie, an avi file, and then use Windows Movie Maker to cut up the avi file into the clips I wanted. Much easier than getting software to rip the DVD, doing that, and then cutting the clips.
Yeah, this is what I resort to when making video clips/montages/whatever from things I already have on DVD. Ripping DVDs is a hugely complicated process (which I guess makes it harder for pirates), it's actually easier to just download the movie you need (or if you can find them, the individual scenes), then you can use any movie editing software (and Windows Movie Maker is extra convenient, because it comes free with Windows) to put the scenes together however you want them and put them on a DVD.

Use Handbrake to rip DVDs (works for both PC and Mac) and then open it up in either Movie Maker or any other video editor to put it together.

HandBrake

It's the simplest and most effective DVD ripper I've ever used.

Back
Top Bottom