Video cutting program

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vincent Vega

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hello,

I'm studying Economics in Berlin and for the course Work from a sociological and historical view (or something like that) I will present the One campaign as a NGO.

So I thought of showing the audience Bono's speech from the Chicago DVD (because that's the best quality video- and soundwise I think), but therefore I need a prgram to cut out the part so that I can integrate it in Power Point or at least show it without having to search for it.

So can anybody direct me to a free software that can cut out scenes from a DVD?
Should be freeware or at least shareware that could do the job and where I don't have a watermark on it.

Thanks for any help, and if you don't understand what I've written don't hesitate to ask :wink:

ImTOO DVD Ripper 4.0 (shareware) can do it. I'm not sure what the shareware limitation is. You can rip just the chapter you want to AVI, MPG, etc. and then edit it in Windows Movie Maker.

K, thank you.

I also found this Avid Free DV and dowloaded it. It should cut DVD's, but problem is that right after starting there comes an Runtime Environment Error and it closes again. :(

Last edited:
That program only allowed me to rip five minutes.
I tried several others, but the copy protection seems to hinder me from ripping it successfully. :(

The speech is less than 5 minutes long, so there should not be a problem. Select the proper chapter number, and the first 5 minutes will have the entire speech. You can also try a free tool like DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink which will output decrypted VOB files. Then you will probably need another tool to convert from VOB to AVI/MPG format.

OK, I will have a try. So far no program worked properly, which I think has something to do the the copy protection.

Thanks for the tip with DVD Shrink. I used that and then Nero Vision to cut the five minutes out. :)

Back
Top Bottom