U2torrents 4.0kb/s?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Maybe this is a bad question, but I've been trying to download several torrents from u2torrents.com
(not at once of course) and I can't get any of them to download quicker than 4 kb/s! This is rediculous. I thought torrents were supposed to be quick and efficient ways of sharing big files. Is there anything I can do with these, or am I just shit out of luck. I'm not going to wait 10 days for this to download!

How many people are seeding or leeching?

And do you have setup your firewall or router for your torrent client?

Torrents are very quick when there are enough people who share the file. If there is nobody or only a few and they don't have high upload rates the download will be slower.

The reason torrents are used for big uploads are because an ftp server gets slower the more people download from it, whereas torrents get faster.
And a torrent is more secure if you shut down the computer during the download. Even download manager such as Get Right sometimes can't go on downloading a file when the computer crashed or has been shut down during the download.

Yep, each torrent is individual. I've been d/l one for one week now; it's going so slowly because there's only 1 seed, and he's firewalled. Meanwhile I've d/l 2 or 3 others about the same size (~650mb) that only took a few hours each. Sometimes it's frustrating, sometimes not.

Like Vincent Vega said, make sure your own setup is correct. And if a torrent has only a couple of seeds, and lots of leechers, you know up front it's going to be slow, especially if those peers have the red numbers after their names!

Alright, what torrent program would you reccomend for a Mac user? I used Tomato for a little bit, but now I'm trying Transmission, both with about the same results.

I'm not sure, but I don't think the torrent prgram makes a big difference.
As long as the settings are correct it only depends on the people who are uploading.

But I can be wrong. :)

Vincent Vega said:
I'm not sure, but I don't think the torrent prgram makes a big difference.
As long as the settings are correct it only depends on the people who are uploading.

But I can be wrong. :)

I use utorrent for Windows; I don't know if there's a mac version. But I agree, it's not the program, it's the make-up of the torrent peers.

I'm using Tomato Torrent but you can download BitTorrent for macs, I like Tomato better though

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom