U2Torrents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
So, I finally started to use U2Torrents and downloaded the 7.3 GB Brazil DVD. It took weeks. My share ratio was 21%. Then I joyfully started to download the Buenos Aires DVD, but having downloaded some 2/3 of it, I got a message from the tracker that I couldn't download before I had raised my share ratio to 25%. Hey, that's fair I thought, stopped the Argentinian DVD and tried to seed the Brazilian. But alas, the tracker hasn't found my seed necessary so far. No one is downloading from it.

Conclusion: I'm stuck in a torrent I cannot get out of :madspit:

Awful rules that create deadlocks.

Did you continue seeding after downloading the Brazil show? Coz to make sure your ratio stays above 0.25 you should at least seed as much as you've downloaded of any one torrent file, so long as there's at least one leacher.

What type of torrent software do you have? Coz I have μTorrent 1500 and I can re-seed any torrent file I've downloaded. And I've been checking the Brazil show on U2Torrents and, if you're username is the similar as the one you use here (as mine is!), then you're listed a seeder, so it's very strange that your that tracker is claiming it can't find your seed!?! :eyebrow:

Have you tried updating your tracker? And when did you start downloading the Brazil show? Coz if you started downloading it when U2Torrents where trying the set up a new tracker, at the beginning of June, which subsequently failed and they went back to their old one, you might have the same problem I did with one of my torrents I started downloading at that time, it keeps claiming "HTTP error 404"! :huh:

Well, my username is nearly the same as in here, as you have probably noticed ;).

I'm using the original Bit Torrent client. I should be able to reseed it by just moving it on top of the queue, it's not working. The tracker doesn't claim that it cannot find the seed, but my upload capabilities are not not being used for some reason.

It must be the old tracker I have. I downloaded it long ago, before June.

I had similar problems months ago. I would seed 5-10 u2t things and their upload rates would remain at 0, but other non-u2t uploads would work. I eventually just upgraded to VIP by sending in a few $.

OK, thanks for your help guys. I just found out that when I disable my firewall, I'm allowed to upload. Weird because it lets me download AND upload without disabling it. Now I need to find a way to let only the Bit Torrent client use that port.

Thanks, Khanada. I know how to do it on my router, but these software firewalls can be annoying.

Back
Top Bottom