U2 Torrents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tpsglick2424

Refugee
I finally downloaded U2torrents and im trying to download a video but it has taken almost about a day and it still hasnt reached the half point mark....Can anyone tell me how if i could get it to dowload faster...BTW, im using bittorent because i have a mac and the guys from u2torrents said i could get bittorent so that isnt the problem....

Thanks

-Zach:wave:

Torrent speed depends on the speed of your own internet access, along with the available speed of the seeders. Be sure your ports are opened properly also. Sometimes, it's just a really s- l- o- w download. I remember one took me a week because the only seeder was on dial-up.

What!?! You've only been downloading for a day and you already have almost 50% done!! :ohmy: That's way faster than ANY of the other torrents that I've been downloading over the last several months. Depending on the size of the file and how many seeders there are, it can take up to several weeks for me to download a torrent!! Patience my friend, patience!!! :wink:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:
What!?! You've only been downloading for a day and you already have almost 50% done!! :ohmy: That's way faster than ANY of the other torrents that I've been downloading over the last several months. Depending on the size of the file and how many seeders there are, it can take up to several weeks for me to download a torrent!! Patience my friend, patience!!! :wink:

Several weeks :eek: :scream: Why so long for you?

Wow....when it says downloading 42 hours, what does that mean because it gets higher and lower every 2 hours.....my torrent is only a 4th done...i have 2 peers and 2 seeds right now, what does that mean? its still in the same place as it was this morning:( ...actually my inter net connecting is pretty good...:eyebrow:

Lynn said:

Several weeks :eek: :scream: Why so long for you?

It's probably because of my remote location, i.e the back of beyond of Finland!! :wink: I'm downloading a dvd right now and it's over 6 MB, I started it last 29th July and I still have 10% to go even though I have 6 seeders. So this latest one has been quite fast compared to some of the other torrents!!! :D

^Seeders are the ones who have the complete torrent and are uploading, and peers are both seeders as well as leechers (i.e. the ones dowloading). Hope that makes sense!?! Tell me, what video are you downloading at the moment and I'll see if I have it a my harddrive? I'll start seeding if I have it. :)

hcbiggs2002 said:

It's probably because of my remote location, i.e the back of beyond of Finland!! :wink: I'm downloading a dvd right now and it's over 6 MB, I started it last 29th July and I still have 10% to go even though I have 6 seeders. So this latest one has been quite fast compared to some of the other torrents!!! :D

^Seeders are the ones who have the complete torrent and are uploading, and peers are both seeders as well as leechers (i.e. the ones dowloading). Hope that makes sense!?! Tell me, what video are you downloading at the moment and I'll see if I have it a my harddrive? I'll start seeding if I have it. :)

* hcbiggs -- I hope you mean 6 GB!!?? Even remote areas shouldn't take that long for 6mb?

* tpsglick -- I second hcbiggs' offer, what are you downloading? If I have it, I'll jump on as a seed as well. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by getting higher and lower every 2 hours. Connections do get faster and slower depending on usage, and whether your ISP decides to limit download speed. The 42 hours would be an estimate to your finish time if your current speed remained the same. As your speed fluctuates, so will the estimate. And the seeders have the same issues on their end for upload speeds.

the name of it exactly is

U2 1992-10-14 Zoo TV Tour KTS Silvers Houston+Pontiac FLAC

THANK YOU SO MUCH LYNN!:bow:

and what i mean is on my torrent thing that is downloading the u2 torrents say "downloading __ hours" and a number appears and the number changed..if you still don't get what im talking about, then never mind, too confusing to explain..now there is only 1 seed and 1 peer:( :mad:

Thanks again lynn and hcbiggs!

tpsglick2424 said:
and what i mean is on my torrent thing that is downloading the u2 torrents say "downloading __ hours" and a number appears and the number changed..if you still don't get what im talking about, then never mind, too confusing to explain..now there is only 1 seed and 1 peer:( :mad:

Your bittorrentclient (the program you use to download the file makes an estimate how long its gonna take with the speed you are currently downloading. That speed is constantly changing due to different peers with different upload speeds so it can start slow and then pick up speed later (or the other way around). The torrentclient than makes the estimate with the new download speed (basicly the total number of MB/mb per sec)

zooholland said:

MB/mb per sec

:eek: Where do you live?

Your connection speed doesn't matter too much since the speed of downloadin a file totally depends on how fast the others are uploading a file.

So with torrents or generally with P2P (peer to peer) you don't download from a server but one creates the torrent and makes it available on U2torrents. Then someone else hits this link and the creater uploads and sends directly to the other guy. After that both guys are sending to a third, fourth... and so on. When there are twenty people uploading at the same time and you are the only one downloading that will certainly go very fast. But if thee are not so many uploaders or many who download it will be slower.
But those who are still downloading, called leecher, are uploading as well.

tpsglick, unfortunately I don't have this torrent already downloaded, so I can't help out with the seeding. However I notice that both leechers (one of whom should be you) are firewalled. You might want to fix that, it could increase your download speed.

tpsglick2424 said:

Like I said, the 42 hours is an estimate. It changes based on the upload & download speeds of the seeders and leechers. It's just an estimate.

omg!! one of my torrents took only 2 days to download a torrent! the zoo tv providence one...AWESOME!!

tpsglick2424 said:
omg!! one of my torrents took only 2 days to download a torrent! the zoo tv providence one...AWESOME!!

BTW, if you download many torrents at once, you'll find all the torrents going more slowly. Stick to 2 or 3 at a time.

And don't forget to stay on as a seeder, others will appreciate it, and you'll build up your share ratio.

yes i just realized after i dowloaded i have to seed for te next 10 hours..wait..when its done downloading can i see it? or do i have to seed for the next 10 hours then i could be done?

When you've downloaded the complete file, you leave the torrent active and become a seeder. Try to stay on until you've seeded (uploaded) as many mb as you've downloaded (leeched).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom