U2 Special Edition iPod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BelaVox21

The Fly
U guys always seem to be able to answer any random questions i may have... i was wondering if u can do it again. :D
So i bought the oldest version of the u2 special edition a while back and right after i did, they released the photo one. :slant: i could care less for all the crazy features they keep adding... it's just the better battery life that keeps getting extended that i truly care about. I've been wanting to upgrade my ipod, so i was about to buy the black video ipod over the summer but thankfully didn't because they upgraded the u2 ones and i prefer the red and black (plus i'm a sucker, for the signatures on the back :reject: ). i've been really wanting to buy this 5G version of the u2 ipod but i'll be really pissed off if they come out with a better, new generation ipod and then AGAIN upgrade the u2 one. I doubt anyone would know, but just in case... Anyone happen to know if they're planning on ending u2 ipods anytime soon? i mean they can't keep selling "special edition" atomic bomb colored ipods forever... especially with that era almost over. or should i be patient and wait a bit longer considering this is the time of the year apple usually comes up with something better. i'd hate to buy it and then want another one. i'm a college student which = broke. but if it's the last u2 one, then i will. hope someone will be able to help me out once again! this site's great, thanks a bunch :)

I wouldn't put it past them as a marketing ploy to put out another better one between now and the holidays. I'm happy with my photo U2 special edition iPod tho. I wouldn't use the video capabilities.

I'm in the same boat. I'd like the video Ipod, but have the B & W one. I'm thinking of selling mine on ebay or something and then buying the video one

there's no way i can ever sell my ipod. Too many scratches because of the crappy case i bought for it. i'm thinking maybe i will buy the new one... plus the fact they've lowered the price by a lot is very enticing... :yes:

They just upgraded the 5G iPod, they're won't be a new generation until middle to late 2007.

what do u know! i just ordered the u2 one from amazon and the very next day i find out they've upgraded that one! thankfully, amazon is awesome and i got to cancel my order and pre-order the new one... hey, it's 25 dollars cheaper on amazon too!

Okay bare with me now.. Im new to the ipods world.,.. I bought the U2 video ipod (5th gen) in august for $329 ..Is the reality now that they are on 6th gen and updated the U2 video ipod again? what are the differences from mine in august to the new one in sept? Is it just battery life and cheaper? please help me out cause that kinda disappoints me is so..

I'm not a big technology person, but from what i know, the ipod u have is the 5th generation. they new one now is still the 5th generation, only upgraded like the other regular black and white ones. I'm pretty sure the only major difference they made was increase the movie playback from 2.5 to 3.5 hours. I personally could care less about the video feature. So unless u planned on watching hours of videos on ur ipod, there's nothing to feel bad about. Hope i was helpful. Anyone, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong :)

oh, and this is another major change they've made... this is from amazon

"Large, 2.5-inch, 320x240-pixel, color display screen is 60-percent brighter"

lol okay...well i like watching a few videos..but not movies...thats what tv is for..but yeah i find it to be very bright as it is.. i blinds me anyways at times lol.. thanks for the help

i jsut went to the apple store today for this very same reason, and the U2 ipod was just updated (the same time they came out with the colored, smaller nanoS) with brighter screen and longer battery etc. i didnt buy it today, but the salesperson said it's not so much a "limited edition" thing, but more of a "Special edition" thing, so it will still be around.
it also just decreased $50 in its price. it's now 279. now is the time to buy!! =)

I finally got the U2 ipod on Saturday! it took us over an hour to make up our minds (between going in and out of the Apple store to discuss it with each other), but we finally got it! I'm so excited. I didn't even want to unwrap it, it's so pretty :drool:

I really wanted the special case for it, but it was $50. somehow I'm still tempted though.

I thought it was meant to be when after that I grabbed a drink at Starbucks and they were playing Where the Streets Have No Name.

:)

haha! that's funny, i love buying u2 stuff and hearing their song... it is like it's meant to be. i pre-ordered the upgraded one so now i have to wait for i don't know how long for mine! :(

BelaVox21 said:
haha! that's funny, i love buying u2 stuff and hearing their song... it is like it's meant to be. i pre-ordered the upgraded one so now i have to wait for i don't know how long for mine! :(

I've been trying to follow along here, and I went on Amazon yesterday to look (not sure why I didn't do that before). The pre-order is for the one I just bought at the Apple Store over the weekend, or an even newer one yet to be released? And if it's for the one I just bought, why would it be pre-order?

at any rate, I'm sure the one I bought will be just fine for me for a long while. :)

Back
Top Bottom