U2 mp3 ringtone request thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
I'm on vacation and have spotty internet access but plenty of time to mess around with my laptop and I'm planning on making a bunch of U2 ringtones in mp3 format. So if anyone has any particular requests (note the specific 30 seconds of the song if you care) let me know cause I'm sure if I make it I'll use it! I'll post them as a zip at some point in January.

The boom cha part in Discotheque and the love life me up of of these blues part in Elevation :wink:

The part of the intro of Ultraviolet where the guitar kicks in. Oh my gosh, if you did this for me, I'd love you forever. Hahaha!

Oh, and can someone tell me how to get that on my phone? I got a new phone and I'm cell phone impaired since I was stuck with a ghetto one for a long time. :lol:

waynetravis said:

nice one!!! :drool:

Thanks :happy: I wasn't sure exactly how long you guys wanted the ringtone to be, but just went with the guitar intro since that was what was specifically mentioned. I've got a whole project on of U2 ringtones...I should check whether or not they're all working still though.

the part of the fly on the elevation tour where the rocky part of the guitar kicks in, i.e

after bono does "falling, from the sky, tonight..." in the acoustic section

then the fly kicks in

I transfer my mp3's( and pics) from my computer to my mobile with a Bluetooth USB dongle. Just plug it in your USB port and select the file and bluetooth it to your cell/mobile. :D

I'm not sure how to make 30 seconds clips though so i get stuck with the whole song. :lol:

does anyone know how I can get songs to my phone without bluetooth and pay sites? I only have a Sony Ericsson k300i with infrared.... which sucks...
I got the acrobat solo as mp3 on my pc, want that as ringtone badly... is there some sort of thing I can plug in my pc to have an infrared connection or so?

My phone only plays a minute, then stops. Plus my phone will play whole songs, but not set them as ring tones or alarms. Anyway sorry I fell down on this project, I'll post some stuff some time when work at school slows down...

Galeogirl, you should be able to use infrared but I could never get my old phone to communicate with my pc via infrared. You could always have soembody whose phone uses both BT and IR get the song from a computer using BT then send it to you with IR. (I used the reverse process to get my u2 concert clips from my old IR phone to my new only bluetooth phone)

I'm glad to hear T-Mobile has more than just Vertigo now.

I ordered the Motorola phone tools CD-ROM and just use it to make ringtones and upload my own wallpapers. I've had a lot of fun creating ringtones this week.

Too bad no one ever calls me, so I never get to show off my cool sounds on my little magenta Razr. :(

i can make some mp3 ringtones, 30 second ones anyways, i will make the fly intro from elevation boston and see what you think

Here's the link to the ringtones I've made so far:

http://www.save file.com/projects/1043945

If anyone has requests, let me know :)

Oh! And, does anyone with a Mac know how I can get ringtones onto my RED Razr? I've tried Bluetooth, but that doesn't work, and when I hook up a data cable, the Mac doesn't bring it up on the desktop. :confused:

www.mobile17.com

For those without bluetooth, you can select any m.p.3 on your computer, what part of the song, and how long you want the tone to be. Then you go to the address they give you on your phone's web browser and download the tone, all for free.

And it works. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom