Truth be told - Apple SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's unfortunate that your experience with Apple has been so bad.
I have never experienced any problems. My laptop has been running no prob (this puppy will read everything you insert in its disk slot). I also agree with people who mentioned that you most likely ended up with one of those defaulted ones....

I recently removed Mac OS X entirely from my MacBook Pro. I love my MacBook Pro, but I loathe OS X, and I can do everything that I had OS X for on Windows 7. This MacBook Pro is in beautiful condition and works wonderfully after two years, so it will be a long time before I do replace it, but I'll probably go back to a PC when I do.

I run Linux 90% of the time on either type of computer, anyway.

I am due for a new computer, i keep looking at ASUS 13.3 inch screens.

I thought I had it narrowed down, but then I read that the 'touch pad' and click pad had serious glitches.

my old asus was a great computer. the screen was damaged (i've still no idea how) and the store wouldn't honour the warranty (less than a year old, btw) so it got replaced under insurance by an hp laptop.

short of my macbook, that asus was the best laptop i've had. if i switched back to pc i'd go asus.

I honestly did not what an ASUS was, I had to google it.:reject:
therethere.gif
honestly, i hadn't heard of it either until now.

btw een stop biting your laptops and maybe the screens wouldn't get damaged.

hurr.gif

i admit i didn't feel like wasting eight minutes of my life watching it.

Be a good sport and watch it! Tell me what you think. That video explains some of the reasons why i loathe macs. If you don't watch it, you're afraid of what you'll see/hear or you're just lazy!

After all, you're posting in this thread about Apple sucking!

damn vegetarians an their macs, KIDDING!!! :wink: :wave:

Jesse, how much have you actually used Macs?

Most of the "complaints" in that video are so horribly clichéd and outdated it's pointless trying to actually argue them point by point.

Some people like Macs and have pretty much no issues using them. Some people like PCs and have pretty much no issues using them. Use what you like. :shrug:

Some people like Macs and have pretty much no issues using them. Some people like PCs and have pretty much no issues using them.

And some people use both and find all the bickering and/or self-promotion rather comical. :wink:

I watched the video (well, I've seen it before). The only one of those problems I have on my Mac is the shutting down. I really do loathe that the damn Mac will not shut down when I tell it to, it always insists such-and-such app has canceled the shut down. In my mind, "shutting down" means close ALL the apps and turn off. That is the POINT of having the shut down option. Other than that, I enjoy using my Mac and use it as my primary computer at work b/c it's kinder on my eyes. Though my older home PC which is now running Windows 7 (32-bit b/c the processor is to old for 64) is running faster and more efficiently than the iMac. I'm going to reimage and upgrade to Snow Leopard to see if that helps. It hasn't always been as slow as it is lately.

There is only one thing I hate about Apple; most (not all) employees at the stores are the worse as far as customer service. It's like they are doing you a favor to take care of you.

I don't like how difficult the Apple's are to service (since I work in IT, we fix them ourselves) but the newer models are getting much better/easier to work on. We used to have to rip the whole damn computer apart just to add RAM and never mind even trying to get at the hard drive.

I have the aluminum MacBook and looking at the video on how it is designed, I do not see that many parts in it.

I have the aluminum MacBook and looking at the video on how it is designed, I do not see that many parts in it.

It's not the number of parts but the accessibility. For example, I can replace my keyboard, RAM, hard drive, or optical drive on my PC laptop only having to remove 2-3 screws (regular Phillips) and can remove or replace any of these components in less than 2 minutes. On some of the Macs which are now older models, you need a special toolkit and have to take the case apart just to get at the parts (on PC laptops the parts just slide out or you open up one compartment with a screw or two, you aren't taking parts of the case off). Often we'd have to reserve a block of several hours just to replace a part.

I use a PC, and I absolutely hate it. Next time I'm buying a computer, I'm going to get a Mac. PCs suck. :down:

Back
Top Bottom