Truth be told - Apple SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not the number of parts but the accessibility. For example, I can replace my keyboard, RAM, hard drive, or optical drive on my PC laptop only having to remove 2-3 screws (regular Phillips) and can remove or replace any of these components in less than 2 minutes. On some of the Macs which are now older models, you need a special toolkit and have to take the case apart just to get at the parts (on PC laptops the parts just slide out or you open up one compartment with a screw or two, you aren't taking parts of the case off). Often we'd have to reserve a block of several hours just to replace a part.
really? i used to have an ibook g3 and i remember it being really easy to add the ram. though of course i'm not saying it's easy to add ram to all macs; that's actually the only time i ever attempted it.

really? i used to have an ibook g3 and i remember it being really easy to add the ram. though of course i'm not saying it's easy to add ram to all macs; that's actually the only time i ever attempted it.

MacBooks are quite easy to add RAM (just inside the battery compartment). The only other Mac I've added RAM to was my 2nd Gen iMac (the pivot-y screen kind). That was easy, too. It was right inside the bottom.

I think all Macs are slightly different as to where things are (or at least they were different), so no doubt there were some that were a pain to deal with.

There is only one thing I hate about Apple; most (not all) employees at the stores are the worse as far as customer service. It's like they are doing you a favor to take care of you.

I was so pissed off after Christmas in the Apple Store. I was standing waiting to buy some software for work for almost 15 minutes-no exaggeration.
Have a dedicated check-out line! Not all of us are idiots who need a walk-through of the iPod they got for Christmas!
(Then to top it off when I was helped, the employee tried my business banking check card and said it was rejected. I said try it again and he said no, that it wouldn't work. So I gave him my AMEX. I stomped out and called my bank. The bank guy said that there was no problem with the check card, no confirmation or rejection came through the system and that the employee probably lied to get me on my way faster. Nice!)

I do hate the Apple Stores and most of the employees there.

When I went to the Apple store they advised me NOT to buy Snow Leopard. Thought that was quite strange.

We don't do RAM in Apples very often. Some of our Apple desktops are just as tricky as the laptops, they are built like tanks. Replacing the LCDs on laptops was always super complicated and required a large manual and a special tool kit. PCs you can do while multitasking using tools you already have and be done pretty quick. Now I think we just send the Apples to the Apple store since we have one about a mile away, we don't even bother with them any more.

Jesse, how much have you actually used Macs?

Diemen, I have used macs a lot and i think they are lame in the way they operate.

1. One time I was trying to help this guy (who was computer illiterate) install video/audio codecs for a certain video that wouldn't play. I could not figure out how to install or where to put the codecs
which is ridiculous if you ask me. All you do on a PC is open the exe an it knows where to put it.

2. Also, its hard to find programs online for macs, easy to find PC stuff though.

3. I do GIS Mapping on PC and the software I use is only on PC (unless if you are willing to instal xp/vista/7 so it boots on your mac, but thats just plain stupid).

4. PC is more keyboard friendly than mac, i can go through windows by using my keyboard (i use it more than mouse as i have limited mobility with my arm.)... Start Menu button, ALT to select File menu in programs, switching to other open programs by ALT + TAB, etc

5. Copying cd/dvd's are easier on pc too. Tried that on a mac but hard to do with one disc drive. I have never seen a mac with a dvd/cdrw and dvdrw drive in the same tower, seems like its not common.

I don't have to spend an arm and a leg on a pc like you do on a mac.

There are other tidbits that aren't coming to mind now..

my 2 cents.

last time I checked, command tab cycled through programs on a mac.. just checked again. yep

control f2 to access the menu bar

It was hard to find programs for macs 15 years ago

I could list mac programs that you cant get for pc

and I wont mention the processes that you couldnt figure out how to do

Me thinks your hatred runs a little bit deeper than how the machines actually operate

Yes I own an Imac, but I can't stand apple and their belief that they are the first to invent or reinvent product when in fact other companies are way ahead of them, and if apple does not like it, then Steve Jobs and his team of Lawyers sues (ex: HTC) the crap out of their competition claiming they are stealing, when apple is not innocent.

Before Steve Jobs and Apple invented the iPod we had to go down and stand in line at the record store and pay $5.99 for single record, take it home, find a record player and put it on the turn table.

Now from the comfort of our homes, we can get any song in the world for $.99 and listen to it anywhere.

If you read it, this thread, I had some really bad experiences with the Apple Store employees, I still am 100% satisfied with my first gen iPhone, and will most likely buy the new iPhone later this year.

My MacBook Pro, is going strong, besides the dead optical drive.

The $700 Asus laptop, with the stable Windows 7 OS, is my favorite computer, of the 4 I own.

Comparing the MacBook Pro 15.4 inch to the Asus 15 inch laptop.

Asus is quite a bit lighter, it does not run as hot as the MacBook, that thing feels like a heating pad on my lap.

The MacBook picks up dings and scratches like an aluminum can, I should have bought the plastic shell cover, like I did with my iPhone.

The MacBook battery last about 90 minutes, now. The Asus last 7 + hours with heavy use.

For awhile I would mix them up, because the Asus touch pad and Windows 7 OS both have two finger scrolling on the touch pad. The Windows 7 OS, is the best OS Windows has ever had, I've got no complaints.

Last comparison, costs, $700 vs $2000.

I would rather take the Asus on a trip. Lighter, great battery life, the plastic case does not ding or scratch.
Oh, and also the wireless software is a breeze to use in public, too.

Back
Top Bottom