Truth be told - Apple SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:25 PM
I dont disagree that your laptop should still be working. I just dont understand how the age of the dell posts was relevant

Old 12-16-2009, 01:59 AM   #32
has a

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
Corporate buyers have largely shunned the Mac though - their share of the business market is tiny. The iPhone, on the other hand, has captured 30% of the business market in its niche.
My small business has only ever used Macs--11 plus years now, in fact we started with the 1st Gen iMac when it came out. Not quite the huge corporate segment, but we do buy approximately one new Mac per year. No compatibility issues with our PC clients either.

FWIW

Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #33
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stammer476 View Post
What really got to me was how people would talk like Macs were God's gift to computers, when in reality they're are just another machine that runs slightly better than their competitors at much higher prices. The Apple culture is nauseating enough without the fact that the machine doesn't back up its claims.
I think this is what gets a lot of non-Mac users. As I said earlier, from what I've read while researching, Macs have a failure rate comparable to a mid-quality PC laptop, yet they are several times the price! They've set themselves up as the go-to computer for disgruntled PC users, but I just don't see where the value for the money is, which is something that's still a fairly important selling point for me.

Like I said before, between the cost of mine, and repairs and upgrades, I have a grand total of $650 into my 2 year old laptop at the moment. That's just a hair over 25% of what Deep paid for his, and mine does all I need it to, and since I got rid of Vista and put XP back on it, it's super fast. I don't know. The fact that I could have purchased 4 brand new laptops for what Deep paid for his sort of blows my mind.

I do understand that for some uses, Macs are far superior. I used to use them myself (desktops though, I've never used a laptop). But for the ordinary user? I just can't see it.

Also? My PC desktop is 9 years old. Other than installing a bigger hard drive 4 or 5 years ago, it's had nothing done to it, and it still works fine. It's slow because of its age, and the processors, amount of RAM, etc, that were standard back then, but it still plods along when I need it to.

I'd really like to see John Hodgeman haul off and kick Justin Long in the balls, one of these days. Smug little bastard.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #34
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I'd really like to see John Hodgeman haul off and kick Justin Long in the balls, one of these days. Smug little bastard.
SNL hasn't spoofed that yet? They really should.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

How come all the similar threads for this thread are a bunch of fanfics by Sad Girl?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
SNL hasn't spoofed that yet? They really should.
Want to submit a digital short?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I just don't see where the value for the money is, which is something that's still a fairly important selling point for me.

Like I said before, between the cost of mine, and repairs and upgrades, I have a grand total of $650 into my 2 year old laptop at the moment. That's just a hair over 25% of what Deep paid for his,
Thing is, many, probably most Mac users didn't spend what deep did. I think I spent about $1500-1600 for my 13" aluminum MacBook (same one Carlos here has). Huge difference - and I haven't had a problem with mine.

As for the value for the money - remember also that until very recently, PC laptops (except the very high end portable business models which were priced as high if not higher than Macs) were BRICKS. When Macbooks were 5 lbs, many PCs were still in the 7-9 lb range. This makes a huge difference to somebody to whom portability is key. Truth be told, I still find that most PCs look like bricks and are chunkier than they need to be. Second, the Mac battery is far superior to any I've had on a PC - again this is very important to me, so I'm willing to pay more. Third, the OS is just way, way WAY better than Windows. Fourth, the simple pleasure of using a Mac over a Windows system (which I still have at work) is worth me spending about double. Many of the irritations I had with PCs are totally gone now.

Do you have to have a Mac? I absolutely don't think so. Would I pay more for one? Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. No question.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
How come all the similar threads for this thread are a bunch of fanfics by Sad Girl?
Keywords - Macphisto, suck?
Old 12-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #39
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I've been a Mac user ever since my dad bought the original Mac back in 1984. With the exception of a buggy first generation iMac, I've had smooth sailing the entire time, and I'm now on my 4th Mac (a 15" MacBook Pro, which has performed flawlessly, optical drive and all). I have learned to never buy the first iteration of any new model, though.

For me Macs are absolutely worth the extra money, for many reasons, but for me the biggest is the OS. For me, OS X is miles ahead of Windows when it comes to ease of use and overall design.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:25 PM
When measuring their dicks got boring, men created computers so they'd still have something to argue about.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

I use both all day every day and could nitpick either one to death. As far as working on graphics and photo editing, CS4 is CS4 whether it's on my Mac or my PC, but I do tend to view everything on the Mac because I think the color/gamma is better than my PC LCD (which are both better than my laptop screen).

As far as performance, to be honest lately I have been underwhelmed by my OS X leopard Mac. It starts up faster than my PC, but if you subtracted all the work-related resource hogging crap that the PC is forced to load (which is the main reason I have it - Mac won't play) the difference is marginal. I've reinstalled the OS on my Mac once or twice but still have a few bugs and the biggest annoyance is that it takes longer than the PC to load apps. My work-related stuff that does run on a Mac platform is much yuckier than the PC version but that is not Mac's fault (namely Novell GroupWise and Microsoft Office 2007/2008).

For form-factor, aesthetics, and ease of use...Mac all the way. For price, variety, and ease of customization....PC.

My current laptop is pushing 3 years and is maxed out as far as upgrades so I should start thinking Mac vs. PC. When I got it, I wanted a Mac but could not find one the size I wanted that let me customize how I wanted. I wanted something smaller but when I chose the smaller option, it downgraded all the other specs, wouldn't let me upgrade without actually purchasing a larger, better laptop. This laptop is highly portable, it fits in my purse and is no bigger than any Mac I've seen except for the Air ones. Now I think Mac has more choices and the prices are more comparable. I'm open to refurbs as well.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Second, the Mac battery is far superior to any I've had on a PC - again this is very important to me, so I'm willing to pay more. Third, the OS is just way, way WAY better than Windows. Fourth, the simple pleasure of using a Mac over a Windows system (which I still have at work) is worth me spending about double. Many of the irritations I had with PCs are totally gone now.
I hated Vista, but Windows 7 is pretty good - I'm a lot more productive on it. Acer has a model where they claim an 8 hour battery life. 13" screens obviously consume less power.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:26 PM   #43
Refugee

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stammer476 View Post
What really got to me was how people would talk like Macs were God's gift to computers, when in reality they're are just another machine that runs slightly better than their competitors at much higher prices. The Apple culture is nauseating enough without the fact that the machine doesn't back up its claims.
Ditto!!!!

Annoys the hell out of me listening to "mac-fanatics" like my sister telling our dad he should have got a macbook instead of a pc laptop.

Sooner or later, there will be a plethora of viruses on macs and then I will be soo happy that mac ppl can't back up their claims anymore!!

There are problem's out there like deeps, it isn't a figment of my imagination.

Plus if your macbook gets stolen, holy crap, you're in the hole $1500-$2500 instead of $500-$1499 for say a dell laptop..
Old 12-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseu2 View Post
Ditto!!!!

Annoys the hell out of me listening to "mac-fanatics" like my sister telling our dad he should have got a macbook instead of a pc laptop.

Sooner or later, there will be a plethora of viruses on macs and then I will be soo happy that mac ppl can't back up their claims anymore!!

Plus if your macbook gets stolen, holy crap, you're in the hole $1500-$2500 instead of $500-$1499 for say a dell laptop..
you're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?

we get it, you don't like macs.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseu2

Plus if your macbook gets stolen, holy crap, you're in the hole $1500... instead of ...-$1499 for say a dell laptop..
Well I know that would be a load off my mind I'd buy gum

Tags
apple, mac, macs