Transferring Songs to iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
Would it be possible for me to rip songs from my Bearshare library or my Windows Media Player library to iTunes? I seem to remember reading it somewhere, but I'm not sure. I just ordered the U2 iPod a few minutes ago:drool:

The following steps will let you copy all your music files over to iTunes, and anything in a weird format like .wma will be converted to a nice mp3. Then you can go ahead and delete your other libraries.

• Open iTunes
  • Edit Menu > Preferences > Advanced tab > Importing tab
  • Change 'Import using...' to 'MP3 encoder and choose your desired quality
  • Also a good idea to check 'Create file names with track number, so that the files are all in order if you want to browse them in Windows Explorer
  • Then go to the General tab of the Advanced preferences
  • Make sure 'Keep iTunes music folder organized' and 'Copy files to iTunes music folder when importing' are both checked
  • Find all your songs in whichever windows folder they are in, and select them all, dragging the files into your iTunes window. This should start to copy the files from their current location to the iTunes music folder and put them in your iTunes library
  • After the music is available in iTunes, you can delete the original files still in the Bearshare folder and other locations you copied them over from

:up:

Glad to be of service :heart: PM me if you've got any specific questions about iTunes :)

Thanks again!! I'll definitely do that if I run into any problems!:sexywink:

P.S. I like your profile..:laugh: Who the hell DOESN'T love oats and corn?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom