Thoughts on Internet Explorer 7?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Just installed the latest IE ver. 7 and it appears to have undergone a major design change. Tabbed browsing available now to compete with Mozilla. :p I have to admit the New Tab shortcut button is pretty cool. But the Interference pages look faded or something on the new IE :no: as compared with Mozilla Firefox.

Thoughts?

But have you tried the new version? Don't let the memory of the old version cloud your judgement. :wink:

It *looks* OK, but I hate IE and have no reason to leave FireFox and give it a chance. I've installed it on a few computers where spyware had overrun IE and upgrading to 7 (after removing the spyware) helps.

The sad thing is that it takes a FireFox to get Microsoft release a better browser.

I think I'll stick with Firefox. :wink:

I use IE at work, it's ok. Much better than 6 (tabs - how did we live w/out them?). I actually have a few less troubles with IE than with Firefox. Firefox has this tendency to just stop working. The new IE hasn't had that issue yet. But given the choice, I use Firefox.

And when is Apple going to do something about Safari? That mutha needs an upgrade.

It ruins CD covers in XP Media Centre 2005. Good browser except for this issue. IE6 is an excellent browser too, but just adjust the settings a bit and it should work a bit better.

I downloaded it but I dunno, for some reason in IE all the writing looks slightly 'blurred'. And I cant for the life of me figure out how to move around the tool bars and crap at the top. I can move the quick bookmark bar but I cant move the URL bar from the top, lower like I had it in IE before. I tried everything :|

Basically.. I still hate it :down:

Firefox :love:

I still use IE 6, never had FireFox.

Works well enough for me, considering all I visit are here, ESPN.com, and the Philly Inquirer online.

Sicy said:
I downloaded it but I dunno, for some reason in IE all the writing looks slightly 'blurred'. And I cant for the life of me figure out how to move around the tool bars and crap at the top. I can move the quick bookmark bar but I cant move the URL bar from the top, lower like I had it in IE before. I tried everything :|

Basically.. I still hate it :down:

Firefox :love:

Ditto!

I downloaded it thinking it'd just be a few minor alterations and it turns out to be a whole new look so now it takes me 5 minutes to locate the refresh button/the stop button/the favourites drop down menu etc etc etc :mad: And the drop down menus didn't used to be all pushed off to the left did they? Plus, like Sicy, I can't figure out how to shuffle the menus so the address bar is at the bottom. Another thing- why isn't there a history button any more?! Why is it filed away under other things? :mad:

I don't mind the new look to all the writing though. The writing looks clearer to me :huh:

I know I've listed a lot of things I hate about it but I suppose I'm just not used to it. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Zootlesque said:

Thoughts?

1164385011.gif

Last edited:
Yes your brains will splatter all over the place. It makes it easier for me to eat them :drool:

Yesssss I know that.. I meant on the toolbars. Used to be right there on IE6.

Just reason #4527 why I will never use it!

Back
Top Bottom