thinkpad and macbook pro??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtooellen

New Yorker
my brother is going to college this upcoming year and he isn't sure with what computer to get.

he's caught between the Lenoro Thinkpad T60P? and a Macbook Pro? I think......

the main things he'll use the computer for are for the internet, email, AIM/MSN, downloading music, watching movies, etc. just the typical computer usage stuff.

any advice, questions, opinions, basically anything would be very helpful.

we're both not very computer-literate so I suggested getting advice off of here. I know many of you out there are major computer techies, so any help or information about either computer would be very much appreciated. thanks so much in advance :)

macs rule. :drool:

i don't know all the much about the macbook specificlly, but i love the mac system. :love:

this post is probably not really that helpfull, i'm just pushing the mac :wink:

but if you have any general mac questions i can answer them :nerd:

Well, since the new macs can run XP, I would vote for the Mac and load both operating systems.

see both of us have been going around asking for advice about which computer would be better, but we're not good with computers. we don't get the good parts of the harddrive and the bad, and so on.

my brother said the thinkpad has some fingerprint scanning thing which is really cool, but the mac seems a bit different to adjust to.

Chrisedge said:
Well, since the new macs can run XP, I would vote for the Mac and load both operating systems.

do you know anyone who has their mac setup like that right now? is it fully functional with both operating systems?
sorry if I sound like an idiot... with computers I think it's a given that I am one. haha. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom