The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went through a great round on Panama Canal where I went up and knifed three different snipers in a row. They found me sniping from there initially, but I went back figuring, hey, they probably though this was a great place too. knife, knife, knife... epic!

I don't even remember how to play! I might have to fire up the campaign, as I never did more than a level or two of that.

I ended up playing a few more levels. It's actually quite fun, not sure why I never did more of it when we were all playing it!

Vietnam comes out tomorrow, will you guys be getting it then, or after the holidays?

I'll probably pick it up after the holidays.

Also, I'm still playing Castlevania. I've been playing on easy and it's still going. The game is massive :up:

The next game that's on my list is Grand Turismo 5. But it's all so expensive.

I decided to play BC2 for the first time in a while. holy crap, they've added all sorts of new stuff for free :up:
I love the Harvest Day map

Well, my excitement didn't last long. It just reset all my upgrades. So now instead of a level 22, I'm back at fucking 1. What the fuck?

AHHHH!@@@@

Nobody said anything yet!!! But I'm 10 days late!!!! ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM announced, WITH A RELEASE DATE!!!!! 11-11-11!!!!

Good God Bethesda! I've been waiting 4 years for this game, just 1 year to go!

Yup, released March 20th, 2006. It was an opener for the 7th gen platforms.

It's actually turning 5 years in March, so it will be 4 months shy of 6 years in between Oblivion and Skyrim. That's if 11-11-11 even holds up.

Yeah, and it looked like a PS2 game then, too.

Should be fun, though. Also, I'm really excited for Dragon Age II, even though I hated the first one.

Wait, new Elder Scrolls and Uncharted 3 released on the same day? fffu

It looked like a PS2 game, graphically. But it had so much to it with it's game engine that a PS2 could never put up. Which explains why it was an original on the 7th gen, it was the first step towards complex graphics.

Excuse me, I'm just blabbing on. I'm an Elder Scrolls fan just as much as I am a U2 fan (minus the cultish following).

I've been waiting, searching, checking every so often for this. I was even remotely upset with the announcement of Fallout: New Vegas because I knew that meant no ES for at least a year following it's release (so 2 years from New Vegas announcemtn).

There's no way it's been 4 years since Oblivion...really? Jesus time is flying by.

Fuck, I just BOUGHT Oblivion a few weeks ago (the day my PS3 broke in fact (have I mentioned that my PS3 broke yet?)) and never did get to play it.

And as far as PS2 graphics go, it's not like they're terrible.

Jesus, one of the only computer games I ever really loved was Daggerfall. I've never been good at those games, but I love the hell out of playing them.

Hopefully by the time the new one comes out I'll have a PS3 again (hopefully by mid-January I'll have a PS3 again.)

Oh that sucks... you've played Oblivion before right? Because if not... you need to get your PS3 fixed quicker! What broke on it? I'm Xbox savvy, so I'd have no idea what went wrong with a PS3.

And it's 5 years in 3 months!

I *think* the most I ever did was start a character on my step-dad's Xbox version and that's about it, and I may not have ever even done that, it might've been Morrowind I'm thinking of. I know I watched him play Obvlivion a few times and that's about it.

The disc drive no longer reads discs of any kind, so I need to get it replaced. Just waiting for Christmas money and then I"m on it.

I've never played Fallout before. In fact, until New Vegas came out, I didn't even realize it was that kind of game.

In other news, I just finished playing the Little Big Planet 2 demo. I have no idea what's new and what's not because I never got all that far in LBP (that game is far smarter than I am, which makes me feel pretty stupid, since it's a kid's game), but Jesus was that demo fun. The first level of the demo is a race and you have a grappeling hook and it's very gratifying in a racking up a shit ton of points/pinball kind of way.

Then there were the mech Bunny, Dog and I think it was a cat, but it might've been a mouse that you can ride and blow shit up with. Yes, I do believe I'll be purchasing this game.

Well, my excitement didn't last long. It just reset all my upgrades. So now instead of a level 22, I'm back at fucking 1. What the fuck?

This resolved itself, didn't it? I think it did the same thing to me, where after matches if I checked my stats, it said I was level one, but once I started the game, I was level 11.

Regardless, it was fun playing yesterday. I had no clue you were in the match, so the first time I saw you I was running up to you and hitting you with my knife and doing all sorts of bs. Of course, at that moment you were trying to sneak up on some guy stealthily, and I totally gave you away, and you immediately got killed. I couldn't stop laughing, as it was obvious my idiocy ended up killing you. I then popped out around the same corner and shot the guy who'd just killed you. Also, it was awesome when you somehow landed the helicopter on me upside down.

As far as Oblivion went, didn't it win numerous graphics awards? I thought it looked mind-blowingly amazing graphics wise when it came out. Of course open world games aren't going to look as good as corridor shooters like Gears or Uncharted, but Oblivion was an amazing step up from Morrowind. Definitely not last gen graphics for the size and scope of the game, in my opinion.

I really want to play Vanquish too, Happiness Challenged Punk.

u2popmofo said:
This resolved itself, didn't it? I think it did the same thing to me, where after matches if I checked my stats, it said I was level one, but once I started the game, I was level 11.

Regardless, it was fun playing yesterday. I had no clue you were in the match, so the first time I saw you I was running up to you and hitting you with my knife and doing all sorts of bs. Of course, at that moment you were trying to sneak up on some guy stealthily, and I totally gave you away, and you immediately got killed. I couldn't stop laughing, as it was obvious my idiocy ended up killing you. I then popped out around the same corner and shot the guy who'd just killed you. Also, it was awesome when you somehow landed the helicopter on me upside down.

As far as Oblivion went, didn't it win numerous graphics awards? I thought it looked mind-blowingly amazing graphics wise when it came out. Of course open world games aren't going to look as good as corridor shooters like Gears or Uncharted, but Oblivion was an amazing step up from Morrowind. Definitely not last gen graphics for the size and scope of the game, in my opinion.

I really want to play Vanquish too, Happiness Challenged Punk.

It did resolve itself. I looked into it and apparently it just happens when the stats servers go down.

Playing together the other day was a lot of fun. The newish maps I had never played are awesome. Black ops is really missing a wide open map like Harvest Day. It seems to be more realistic and what I imagine a battle to be like. I also discovered hardcore mode on bc2. Even better. When they don't give away your location when you get a kill, it's a snipers de-light :up:

How much space does vietnam take up? I'm running out of hard disc space and will have to upgrade soon

How much space does vietnam take up? I'm running out of hard disc space and will have to upgrade soon

I think it was part of that recent update. It was essentially just an unlock when I bought it. Haven't tried it yet, waiting to play with you or who ever else gets it.

Bought my parents a 360 / Kinect bundle, was shocked how much they enjoyed it. We essentially played the majority of the time I was home. Glad I took a chance thinking they'd like it.

If your parents are anything like mine, that was a good choice. My mom was dying to get her hands on Kinect this Christmas, but opted to get a new tv instead, since the living room tv was beginning to turn orange.

Mofo, apologies for not joining in last night. My gf was playing little big planet. She is really bad at it too

Mofo, apologies for not joining in last night. My gf was playing little big planet. She is really bad at it too

Haha, no worries man, I figured you had something going on. I was just playing the normal mode, still waiting to try Vietnam when I have someone else to play with. I fiiiiiiiinaly unlocked the red dot sight for the normal assault rifles, hallelujah.

Excuse me, I'm just blabbing on. I'm an Elder Scrolls fan just as much as I am a U2 fan (minus the cultish following).

I've been waiting, searching, checking every so often for this. I was even remotely upset with the announcement of Fallout: New Vegas because I knew that meant no ES for at least a year following it's release (so 2 years from New Vegas announcemtn).

:drool: I had to come into this thread to see if anyone was talking about the Skyrim announcement (that I just found out about today!). I've been playing Morrowind since 2003 and bought an Xbox 360 with my high school graduation money in 2006 just so I could play Oblivion. I cannot wait for Skyrim!! :hyper: :faint:

My name is Rachel and I am an Elder Scrolls fan. :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom